Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

So many good books.

NorthernWind

NorthernWind

Paragon
★★★★★
I visited a Russian language book shop. Bought a three books - history of Ancient Egypt, handbook of mathematics and 'Skin in the Game: Hidden Asymmetries in Daily Life' by Nicolas Nassim Taleb.
The problem of reading is that your life is too short to read even a tiny amount of good books.
If the book is very thick for example, then you can read it for a few years ( if you don't read very fast, of course ). Some authors wrote many books so even reading all books of one author may be impossible during your lifetime.
Reading is good but it cannot compensate for lack of real life.

Some authors wrote many books so even reading all books of one author may be impossible during your lifetime.
How’d they write it in their lifetime then?

How’d they write it in their lifetime then?
They had a special talent, probably. Or just wrote nonsense ( some of them, maybe ).
It was very interesting to know that in the first centuries of Christianity one pagan philosopher wrote 25 (!) books with the critique of Christianity and one Christian apologetic wrote 35 (!) books as an answer.
Or it were 15 vs 25 books, I dont remember well.

I visited a Russian language book shop. Bought a three books - history of Ancient Egypt, handbook of mathematics and 'Skin in the Game: Hidden Asymmetries in Daily Life' by Nicolas Nassim Taleb.
The problem of reading is that your life is too short to read even a tiny amount of good books.
If the book is very thick for example, then you can read it for a few years ( if you don't read very fast, of course ). Some authors wrote many books so even reading all books of one author may be impossible during your lifetime.
Reading is good but it cannot compensate for lack of real life.
I read fast, so I can read quite a few books over time.

i got all the good books i need right here, its called the quran

you should read it instead of this useless nerd math crap