Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Self esteem and human value

• Thread starter BlackPill Scholar
  • Start date
BlackPill Scholar

BlackPill Scholar

Sagittalcel
★★★★★
Tricking the mind

The modern perspective of our self esteem is riddled with a lack of understanding. The modern calls to 'love yourself' are an attempt at delusion in my opinion. To trick your mind into believing it is successful, when in reality the opposite is true. I am not sure of the effectiveness of such ideas, but with the contrast of the public outcry to 'love who you are' and the high levels of depression in the modern population, it is proving rather ineffective. That's precisely because you can't trick a hyper observant organ into believing it is successful when the inner dialogue does not match what it is observing.

Serotonin and dominance hierarchies

Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that fluctuates based on your self-perception. The better you perform or are treated by others, the more serotonin is released into your brain. Serotonin also regulates your mood, meaning the more there is, the better you feel. Modern SSRI's, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, are antidepressants used to keep more serotonin in the brain and increase your mood in a positive manner.

When someone is socially or sexually rejected, loses a competition, or has their worth challenged in anyway, serotonin levels plummet. All of these losses could signal a lack of access to mates, food or being socially outcasted from the group. All of which could spell the end of your life or genetic lineage. The evolutionary function of feeling anxious and depressed when serotonin levels are low is to keep you alive in dangerous situations. If one is socially outcasted from a group, it dramatically increases the likelihood of death, making hunting or finding food more difficult and encounters with predators far more dangerous. So when you are shunned by other members of your social group, you need to be anxious and 'on-edge', it could save your life. And so evolution favoured it, and here we are manifesting millions of years of evolution in our everyday actions.

The opposite also manifests, someone who has 'good' genetics or is particularly affluent with useful skills will feel the confidence boost that a high serotonin level will bring from the continual positive reinforcement they will receive from others. This allows them to exploit the resources of others more efficiently and gauge what conflicts they are able to win.

I am sure that this extends beyond the complexity of just a single neurotransmitter, but this explanation is at least easy to understand how human social value systems work.

Markers of human value

This is quite obvious if you understand the basic concepts of evolution, what makes someone valuable to themselves or others is what is useful for the species at it's last natural or sexual selection point.

More definably:

Perceived genetic quality which is shown in physical appearance.
Levels of resources and social status which can also be a marker of genetic quality to acquire such resources.
Intelligence and personality (to a smaller extent), which can indicate survival capabilities and carrying out the raising of young for example.

With the introduction of modern technology, these features are rendered useless. But our primordial brains still choose to value them for reasons aforementioned.

Modern human behaviour

Ever observed a playground? To most it would be a place of children playing and interacting for fun, but to me it is a place of darwinistic struggle for power. I found a study that presented that even as young as first grade, males get dopamine boosts when placed in positions of power over their classmates. It's a window into human evolution, if one traveled back in time ten thousand years, one would find no major difference in the behaviour of humans on a fundamental level, despite the lack of technology.

In summary

To my knowledge, the best way to significantly increase your self esteem or general mood, is to actually be successful or be treated better by others. Modern psychological approaches to helping people with mood disorders is flawed and in need of repair. Drugging up some teen with an SSRI is only solving the psychological problem that is caused by a physical reality, only when targeting the solution to the reality, are we able to completely solve the issue. For incels; a government or charity mandated plastic surgery welfare program would be of great use, including public health campaigns on mewing and child hormonal profiles, like what we have with smoking and such.

life is a zero sum game. The way to feel good is to be better than someone else

Good reading. Reminds me of a YT video i use in my classes

public health campaigns on mewing and child hormonal profiles
Early detection of autism and aspergers could have saved me from this hell i call my life. I cant believe these still dont exist in my country.

To my knowledge, the best way to significantly increase your self esteem or general mood, is to actually be successful or be treated better by others. Modern psychological approaches to helping people with mood disorders is flawed and in need of repair. Drugging up some teen with an SSRI is only solving the psychological problem that is caused by a physical reality, only when targeting the solution to the reality, are we able to completely solve the issue. For incels; a government or charity mandated plastic surgery welfare program would be of great use, including public health campaigns on mewing and child hormonal profiles, like what we have with smoking and such.

very true. i felt the best when i was liked in my job. i felt the worst when i had toxic trash friends or when was bullied

you can even be worthless autist - if people will treat you like youre some kind of god, then you will actually feel like god, despite how worthless you are

thats why theres many male-only groups of friends that the main group leader collected so they can praise him in one way or another, so he feels better about himself. the leader then does more effort in keeping the group together and active but also maintains a balance by lowering perceived value of their pawns in eyes of each other so hes at the top. if one of the pawns realizes that the group and leader is toxic then the leader just switches target to some of his other pawn and that vicious circle lasts forever

as for your achievements, id say they also mean nothing for your self esteem and mood if not confirmed by the people around you. you can be the smartest guy on the planet and inside know its true but you will still feel like shit if no one will confirm this or if people will treat you bad

for example. i feel smarter than most women (about 80% at least), and I have achievements that will confirm this, but do I feel better than them? Am I more praised by society than them? Am I less disliked by society than them? No, No and No. Thats because people around me do not confirm my achievements. Of course i certailny dont care what monkeys around me think, but my body and brain does

as for society, its pretty much bandwagon effect so people will just hate what other people already hate. if someone make others dislike you for your ugly face when you were young, that stigma will be with you forever until you move. people will hate you for being ugly forever even if you managed to start looking average when you became adult.
of course they could hate you or discriminate you for anything else than your face. the truth is they dont need a reason. they just need to feell better about themselves, and they realize that theres someone already hated, so they talk shit about him

thats how weak and brainless society is

life is a zero sum game. The way to feel good is to be better than someone else
There was a study in which two groups were told to solve a puzzle that didn't actually have a solution. One group was told the puzzle was easy while the other was told it was hard, and the group told that it was hard attempted it for much longer than the other group.

Our will to do anything is determined by how we compare to other people. If we feel like we're failing at things that others find easy our brains won't motivate us to continue.

The truth is .. I have no serotonin receptors left, so their agonists or SSRIs will do nothing.

Good reading. Reminds me of a YT video i use in my classes

Early detection of autism and aspergers could have saved me from this hell i call my life. I cant believe these still dont exist in my country.

If you don't mind me asking, what subject do you teach? Psychology?

Of course i certailny dont care what monkeys around me think, but my body and brain does
If only there was an easy way to 'transcend' these primitive ways of viewing the world.