Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Say the technology to completely reverse age existed...

Would you use this technology to become an infant again?

• Yes, give me another shot at life.

Votes: 40 80.0%
  • No, I would choose death.

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters
Looksmaxxcel

Looksmaxxcel

Captain
In the future, high IQcels invent the technology to revert anyone back into an infant and start life all over again without the brain being completely replaced, just wiping out as much memory as you want. You can retain as much memories as you choose.

Hell, you could even be put back into the womb if you wanted, into any foid who wants to become a mother without getting impregnated. You can also have your genes altered so that you could develop differently or look differently.

Would you choose to restart your life again, or would you choose death?

Why not, maybe we'll all upload into some Matrix thing and there we can look whatever we like.

Why not, maybe we'll all upload into some Matrix thing and there we can look whatever we like.
I think biological immortality is the way tbh. At least somebody can't hijack reality and then make you suffer forever.

why not
in case of a fuckup I can always just kill myself

Become an infant again?
If I still keep my memories, yes.

I can live off from other tax payers for longer, thus being a burden

Sure. I will be genetically engineered to be attractive with no mental issues. And I would remember shit, too, which would be cool.

I'm a religioncel so unfortunately I would not approve of this. The agepill is inevitable.

Last edited:
Give me another shot at life.

It would be useless, partially considering the idea of altering your genes, but especially regarding altering your memory. You would essentially just be creating another person, experiences are as important as genetics in determining who "you" are, or rather how you respond to stimuli. I would scrap almost everything, which at the end of the day is more or less the same thing as suicide. There is no permanent observer, there are only the experiences themselves, lose those and you also lose the person who is being projected as a result of their memory. It's difficult to explain in any concise manner, but basically the idea that you are the same entity that existed yesterday is an illusion which is being incorrectly perceived as reality by the brain.

Suppose I know that I'll be doing something I enjoy tomorrow, like watching anime for example. I can foresee myself having the experience, and presumably it will happen, but I just won't be there to know it. A nearly indistinguishable but still fundamentally different version of myself will be there instead, and I'll be gone forever. The future "me" won't actually believe this has happened, even if he can logically discern that this is the case. The memories feel like they belong to him, and he will perceive them as consecutive events that he experienced himself. But given what's known, or at least what can be reasonably determined about the nature of the self, along with what's happening in the brain, this conclusion simply can't be accurate in full. If memory is an integral part in constructing what we know as the self, then my memories tomorrow being different to those which I possess right now would suggest that I will soon cease to exist.

My point is that this question doesn't even really make sense, as it's based upon a miscalculation of who exactly you happen to be. The present is all that exists, and all that will ever exist, at least as far as you're concerned. I wouldn't want to live my life over again for two reasons. One is because that I wouldn't really be the one living it, for reasons I already touched on, and the other is because I wouldn't want to do that to someone else to satisfy my own vanity.

first option for sure, no questions asked

Suppose I know that I'll be doing something I enjoy tomorrow, like watching anime for example. I can foresee myself having the experience, and presumably it will happen, but I just won't be there to know it. A nearly indistinguishable but still fundamentally different version of myself will be there instead, and I'll be gone forever.

By that logic, a new "observer" would have been created over a thousand times in one lifetime. And whatever occupies your cranium (you in this case) will cease to be within a day. This makes zero sense.

Whatever resides in your gray matter sitting in your skull, "consciousness" or whatever you'd like to call it, would not cease to exist from minute changes in the brain. Your entire brain is replaced in 7 years, but it's obvious that you're still here. And even if your new observers were replaced so often, assuming they have free will they would probably experience the death process, and that death process would influence the brain and whomever occupies the brain next would "remember" dying over and over again.

Obviously you keep waking up to the same person. If you ceased to exist, you would "know" because you simply wouldn't wake up one day and you would be chilling out in the oblivion or whatever you would like to call nonexistence.

You would essentially just be creating another person, experiences are as important as genetics in determining who "you" are, or rather how you respond to stimuli. I would scrap almost everything, which at the end of the day is more or less the same thing as suicide.
Not at all. Your personality and how you respond to stimuli changes through your life. If drastically altering it is "suicide", then living out a natural life would be a slow drawn out suicide being done multiple times.

If you mean that your killing your old personality and what makes you human, sure. But if you mean that you're killing what you call as an observer, you are gravely wrong. If we assume that your core existence is just very simple parts of the brain, then this would not make you suddenly dissappear because the higher-ups are always changing and rewiring depending on how it's being stimulated. But if we assume that your observer is external and can survive without a brain, then it should be obvious why altering the brain isn't akin to death or ceasing to exist.

If memory is an integral part in constructing what we know as the self, then my memories tomorrow being different to those which I possess right now would suggest that I will soon cease to exist.
Except it isn't, unless you happen to be a machine or computer. Are you a machine?

I assume that you have a very materialistic view of consciousness, if I'm not mistaken. And if this happens to be the case, then the role of their being a observer, or "you" has no role in the nature of consciousness. Having a so called inner "you", whom is probably just sitting inside your cranium, implies that there's something or somebody calmly sitting inside your brain control room tweedling away at the control panel. And whenever that guy's position gets filled or replaced, he gets fired and replaced by ”you" (or you get fired and replaced, referring to your concern of ceasing to exist tomorrow). You see, to put simply, saying that there is an inner "you" experiencing everything implies that you are that thing and you have free will.

If you seriously believe that whatever you are is merely just the wiring of your brain, then a "soul" or "you" do not exist and do not fit in this paradigm of consciousness, there is no purpose for having these things. In fact, consciousness as we know it would also be meaningless, because nobody would be there to experience it. We are just computers following a program, no soul or "you" needed.

Sure, computers have their memories wiped, they may have a part fail or they may even die and get scrapped. But what happens to their owners? They continue on and get a new computer if they choose to.

My point is that this question doesn't even really make sense, as it's based upon a miscalculation of who exactly you happen to be. The present is all that exists, and all that will ever exist, at least as far as you're concerned.
You do not exist.

If you think that your brain is just a data storage unit with I/O devices slapped onto it, then you can only conclude that you either
  1. will always exist until the process of life ceases, since your brain causes consciousness and consciousness will cease following the ceasing of neurological processes
  2. you don't exist and may be as good as dead, because there is no proof that a soul exists and the brain doesn't need something external to control it to run its program
You cannot just be your memories but at the same time have free will and experience consciousness, that makes no sense.

One is because that I wouldn't really be the one living it, for reasons I already touched on, and the other is because I wouldn't want to do that to someone else to satisfy my own vanity.
But haven't you said that you have no guarantee that you'll be here tomorrow? Why be so vain and make someone else, so to speak, suffer through your situation just to satisfy your vanity? Why not just kill yourself and not let anyone else suffer by being you for a cosmic femtosecond?

This system makes no sense. If you believe that you are nothing more than a machine that responds to stimuli, then you shouldn't believe in a "consciousness" or "you". If you are just memories, then "you" shouldn't even last a second because your brain is constantly changing. This system is simply absurd.

You honestly have nothing to worry about. Obviously, you're still waking up everyday and experiencing life, aren't you? If you were to be gone tomorrow, you would simply dissappear and you won't know or care, but that isn't the case because you continue to experience uninterrupted consciousness.

If it's true that you are just memories, then it doesn't even matter because you, as you know it, don't even exist and nobody is there to suffer by existing as you.

nah i would not go through life once again. I rather be dead.

I would keep all my memories, restart school then get straight A's, then go to a good college then wagemaxx.
You would be treated good because you can change your looks.

No bro, having a second chance at life won't change my looks or genes
I'd rather die

Well, I suppose I'd get bored of life after several times, but that's why wiping memory can easily come into hand. Everything suddenly becomes new and exciting again.

As the live and let live normans always say, "you do you."

I'm a religioncel so unfortunately I would not approve of this. The agepill is inevitable.
And what if there is no afterlife and this is it? JFL, goodbye fellica.

No bro, having a second chance at life won't change my looks or genes
I'd rather die
This is old news. The technology to modify your genes and change your development has existed for awhile and will only get better with time.

Yes, give me another shot at life as a chad

I'd rather just use this technology to turn myself into a literal killing machine. My dream tech is actually when they can create robotic bone structures for us. Just imagine the power of a man with a robotic titanium skeletal system....... Fuck everything else transhuman maxxing is the future.

No, it's too late now. I opened pandora's box and it scarred me. Death is my only release.

Yes for sure it would be interesting to see what life would look like in the future, whether it be a utopian paradise or a dystopian wasteland I don't mind

By that logic, a new "observer" would have been created over a thousand times in one lifetime. And whatever occupies your cranium (you in this case) will cease to be within a day. This makes zero sense.
Yes that's exactly what I'm saying, we wake up believing ourselves to be a person, to have some sort of continuity with the past. But I suppose it doesn't make a difference either way, the change isn't perceived, it's not real anyway.

Whatever resides in your gray matter sitting in your skull, "consciousness" or whatever you'd like to call it, would not cease to exist from minute changes in the brain. Your entire brain is replaced in 7 years, but it's obvious that you're still here. And even if your new observers were replaced so often, assuming they have free will they would probably experience the death process, and that death process would influence the brain and whomever occupies the brain next would "remember" dying over and over again.

Obviously you keep waking up to the same person. If you ceased to exist, you would "know" because you simply wouldn't wake up one day and you would be chilling out in the oblivion or whatever you would like to call nonexistence.
Is it obvious though? How do you define what makes you a separate individual? It can't be genetics, since we would hardly call identical twins the same person. If not that, then it must be your personality which is shaped from memory and experience. If someone possessed entirely different goals, beliefs, habits, opinions, and values at two different points within their life, I really don't see how we could call this the same individual. Also the loss of self identity is a fairly common result of brain damage. This can happen for many reasons, it could be the loss of the specific neural connections responsible for creating familiar behavior, it could be a loss of memory, and it's also possible to lose the capacity to generate a "self" at all, although this is pretty rare.

If I stopped existing I would lack the means to discover that I ever existed in the first place, much less to perceive a change.

Except it isn't, unless you happen to be a machine or computer. Are you a machine?

I assume that you have a very materialistic view of consciousness, if I'm not mistaken. And if this happens to be the case, then the role of their being a observer, or "you" has no role in the nature of consciousness. Having a so called inner "you", whom is probably just sitting inside your cranium, implies that there's something or somebody calmly sitting inside your brain control room tweedling away at the control panel. And whenever that guy's position gets filled or replaced, he gets fired and replaced by ”you" (or you get fired and replaced, referring to your concern of ceasing to exist tomorrow). You see, to put simply, saying that there is an inner "you" experiencing everything implies that you are that thing and you have free will.

If you seriously believe that whatever you are is merely just the wiring of your brain, then a "soul" or "you" do not exist and do not fit in this paradigm of consciousness, there is no purpose for having these things. In fact, consciousness as we know it would also be meaningless, because nobody would be there to experience it. We are just computers following a program, no soul or "you" needed.

Sure, computers have their memories wiped, they may have a part fail or they may even die and get scrapped. But what happens to their owners? They continue on and get a new computer if they choose to.
Well there really is no inner you at all, we just have a mistaken belief about one. It's not that he is constantly replaced, it's more accurate to say that he was never there at all. I'm using terms like "I", "you", "me", and "I'm" to make this easier to read, language is the problem, I don't believe in free will. That's what meant when I said that there is no observer, he doesn't actually exist.

Consciousness is meaningless, there is no reason for it to exist, in fact I'd argue that it would be best if it didn't. But that's besides the point of this post.

You do not exist.

If you think that your brain is just a data storage unit with I/O devices slapped onto it, then you can only conclude that you either
  1. will always exist until the process of life ceases, since your brain causes consciousness and consciousness will cease following the ceasing of neurological processes
  2. you don't exist and may be as good as dead, because there is no proof that a soul exists and the brain doesn't need something external to control it to run its program
You cannot just be your memories but at the same time have free will and experience consciousness, that makes no sense.
I agree, I don't exist. As for whether or not I'm experiencing consciousness, well I don't think the idea of free will is intrinsically tied to awareness. It's clear that I have will, but I have no reason to believe that it's free. The belief about there being a person having the experiences is false, but the perceptions themselves are still there.

But haven't you said that you have no guarantee that you'll be here tomorrow? Why be so vain and make someone else, so to speak, suffer through your situation just to satisfy your vanity? Why not just kill yourself and not let anyone else suffer by being you for a cosmic femtosecond?

This system makes no sense. If you believe that you are nothing more than a machine that responds to stimuli, then you shouldn't believe in a "consciousness" or "you". If you are just memories, then "you" shouldn't even last a second because your brain is constantly changing. This system is simply absurd.

You honestly have nothing to worry about. Obviously, you're still waking up everyday and experiencing life, aren't you? If you were to be gone tomorrow, you would simply dissappear and you won't know or care, but that isn't the case because you continue to experience uninterrupted consciousness.

If it's true that you are just memories, then it doesn't even matter because you, as you know it, don't even exist and nobody is there to suffer by existing as you.
Yeah, like I said there is no you, I was simply trying to make a point. The belief of me not being here tomorrow is easier to explain than the idea that I don't exist at all. It doesn't worry me in the least. However suffering is still more or less experienced even if it isn't real. Painful illusions still feel like pain. It may not ultimately matter, but I think it's irresponsible to believe suffering is a neutral.

The reason I haven't killed myself is because I can't, at least not yet.

once you go blackpill theres no coming back.

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying, we wake up believing ourselves to be a person, to have some sort of continuity with the past. But I suppose it doesn't make a difference either way, the change isn't perceived, it's not real anyway.
So far, there really isn't any proof that any sort of time line exists. Not in actual space. Our memories just simply capture what happened, which is a great way to adapt to stimulus. We create an inner flowchart of events that we remember, and this is what creates the feeling of being in continuity with the past. But in reality, things are being acted on by the laws of the universe, and we perceive the changes as a progression of events.

Is it obvious though? How do you define what makes you a separate individual? It can't be genetics, since we would hardly call identical twins the same person. If not that, then it must be your personality which is shaped from memory and experience. If someone possessed entirely different goals, beliefs, habits, opinions, and values at two different points within their life, I really don't see how we could call this the same individual. Also the loss of self identity is a fairly common result of brain damage. This can happen for many reasons, it could be the loss of the specific neural connections responsible for creating familiar behavior, it could be a loss of memory, and it's also possible to lose the capacity to generate a "self" at all, although this is pretty rare.

If I stopped existing I would lack the means to discover that I ever existed in the first place, much less to perceive a change.
I think the only thing that really qualifies someone as an individual is the fact that they are a separate organism or a separate brain. Even if two organisms were extremely alike, they are still individuals.

True. Death is pretty peaceful for this reason.

Well there really is no inner you at all, we just have a mistaken belief about one. It's not that he is constantly replaced, it's more accurate to say that he was never there at all. I'm using terms like "I", "you", "me", and "I'm" to make this easier to read, language is the problem, I don't believe in free will. That's what meant when I said that there is no observer, he doesn't actually exist.

Consciousness is meaningless, there is no reason for it to exist, in fact I'd argue that it would be best if it didn't. But that's besides the point of this post
Consciousness is just to explain the phenomenon of being aware of your senses and experiencing life. Obviously though, that requires "an inner self" to be there to experience it.

I don't know if you're open to metaphysical theories or not, but there is a relatively new theory that some people are "NPCs" or whatever. You said yourself that you do not believe that you have an "observer" or "you" , so it just might be something interesting to think about or consider. It's not really anything grounded in science, but again, the theory does seem like an interesting one that could be true. Maybe you might just be an NPC?

I agree, I don't exist. As for whether or not I'm experiencing consciousness, well I don't think the idea of free will is intrinsically tied to awareness. It's clear that I have will, but I have no reason to believe that it's free. The belief about there being a person having the experiences is false, but the perceptions themselves are still there.
Fair enough.

Yeah, like I said there is no you, I was simply trying to make a point. The belief of me not being here tomorrow is easier to explain than the idea that I don't exist at all. It doesn't worry me in the least. However suffering is still more or less experienced even if it isn't real. Painful illusions still feel like pain. It may not ultimately matter, but I think it's irresponsible to believe suffering is a neutral.
If there is no one experiencing and you do not exist, then I wouldn't worry. Nobody is truly experiencing your pain in the same way a computer without an owner crashing causes no one to experience anger and frustration when it does.

The reason I haven't killed myself is because I can't, at least not yet.
Well, it's always important to do it on your own best terms. You want your last day to happen when you've made peace with yourself and when you're ready to go.

If there is no way for me to continue living in the future and the only thing I can look forward to is shitting in an adult diaper while my brain rots away, I'd rather someone just quickly shoot me in the woods or euthanize me.

I’m trans age so definitely.

Some months ago I'd say yes but I'm not sure. Just let me die already tbh.

if i could restart life with my current knowledge i would be so OP

if i could restart life with my current knowledge i would be so OP
I would looksmaxx and mewmaxx so hard ngl.
I'd also request my mum to inject test while I'm developing.

Yeah, my current memories wold give me some help I hope

I would choose death because it's not like I'd be the only one who's reverting back to an infant with Chad genes. If I was the only one to have this option, I'd do it. But what good is it if most other guys do it and become Chad? Then the bar just gets raised even further.

Yeah, my current memories wold give me some help I hope
6 years old with a lifetime of knowledge = cheat codes enabled tbh
Then the bar just gets raised even further.
Nah, I think women would probably just have sex with all men. The bar for a LTR would rise, however.
Or maybe I just don't know how bad things really are... hehe heh... :feelscry:

The answer is obvious.

I identify as younger than I am chronologically
There should be a large amount of support for this kind of technology, countless people want to relive their young years again and re-experience teenage love.

It would also mean more people with more experience to pay taxes and help push society forward technologically..

My life has been nothing but torture. Why would I ever want to relive it?

There should be a large amount of support for this kind of technology, countless people want to relive their young years again and re-experience teenage love.

It would also mean more people with more experience to pay taxes and help push society forward technologically..
Unfortunately, trans age people are oppressed.

Unfortunately, trans age people are oppressed.
We need to do something about this. This kind of bigotry should have no place in 2019. :feelsokman:
>t. 18 year old who wishes he could be 14-15 again

We need to do something about this. This kind of bigotry should have no place in 2019. :feelsokman:
>t. 18 year old who wishes he could be 14-15 again
Are you implying I’m an 18 year old who wants to be 14-15 or you?

I wouldn't. I would rather not exist.

I would start life again as a chad for sure