Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Religioncels: Why is suicide punished with eternal torment in hell?

Does suicide deserve eternal torture in hell?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Esoteric7

Esoteric7

Volcel because I won’t fuck your mum
★★★★
While I'm not religious, I was raised in a faith that asserts suicide leads to eternal hell. I believe this rule was implemented as a fail-safe in the early days of religion to dissuade believers from ending their lives who were convinced of heaven in the afterlife.

But if one’s life is so empty, bleak, repetitive, boring, reeling from trauma, and painful, why is suicide a crime? This seems to contradict divine mercy and understanding, considering someone's eternal fate is sealed by a single act, without any chance for reconciliation.

Especially since one did not ask to exist, as birth is an event that was thrust upon us, without our choice or volition - although you could argue that being asked if one would like to exist would in of itself require you to ‘exist’ to some extent, so it’s inevitable.

Although, I still think that it can be viewed as fundamentally unjust to deny someone the agency to determine the course of their own existence, especially when they are experiencing profound distress.

Having mercy towards suicide acknowledges that the person possesses the wisdom and agency to evaluate their circumstances and make decisions that they deem best for their well-being, even if others might disagree. And if this enrages and offends a God, why can’t it simply just ‘get over it’?

Last edited:
I could be wrong but my best guess for why in medieval times the Catholics put forth that suicide was met with eternal damnation is that life was very hard for the poor and by saying they’d burn in hell for suicide they could effectively force the peasants to keep working in arduous conditions and paying their taxes and paying the church. It means no matter how horrible your life is you can’t just off yourself you have to suffer through it so that you are selflessly keeping the powers that be and society at large afloat.

Basically my bet is that it was a tool of control. Side note, it seems to me schizo autists and people like us who have lived our lives believing things to be true that go against the broader societal narrative tend to be way more aware of the propaganda structures in western countries and just how deep the top down influence on people goes. Most people really do eventually cave and go along with whatever narrative is pushed top down so whoever owns the news media and social media and the education institutions can effectively indoctrinate an entire nation with ease given a bit of time. Especially if you also control the laws.

For example, what’s played out with the trans and pronoun movement is incredibly dumb as I’ve explained in detail before, but the fact that they were able to get the majority of people (or at the least the people who matter) to cave to it shows that you can basically get people to believe anything given you have top down control. It’s the Emperors New Clothes for the modern era. Same with trite nonsense like “Diversity is our strength”, nope, it’s an obstacle to be overcome not a strength. There was a study from a Harvard prof (bowling alone author) showing diverse environments actually show less civic health in basically every metric (voting, volunteering, trust, etc).

Last edited:
religion is necessary to stop sub 8s from rising up. the only issue is that once you don't give men wives religion loses its power over them.

Because your so called Abrahamic "God" is a demonic entity worshipped by Kabbalistic sects and turned into a God of humanity on the altar of suffering in the Jerusalem temple by certain groups. True higher God Monad is disconnected from this false sham reality which is nothing but dense low vibrational energy loosh farm based on Saturn moon matrix holographic projection. Of course escaping such a horrific place would be highly condemned by certain slave masters, so they put the fear of death and final judgment into hearts of enslaved, funnily enough if you are a Jew you are by default exempt from being punished according to abrahamists because all gates of heaven are wide open for all members of the all tribes of Israel. Your task is to suffer in the eyes of certain evil beings both from physical plane and from astral plane. Thats why this simulated reality needs to be destroyed so sacred spark of the highest consciousness is tormented no more.
religion is necessary to stop sub 8s from rising up. the only issue is that once you don't give men wives religion loses its power over them.
Abrahamist religions which were created by the "Gods chosen people" were meant originally to control the masses of Hellada, Germania, Egypt, Rome, Arabia and Persia later on more lands were added to this list. Instilling fear of hell unto people, or shall I rather say peasants is one of the best ways to prevent mass revolts and destruction of certain groups in power.

Last edited:
I could be wrong but my best guess for why in medieval times the Catholics put forth that suicide was met with eternal damnation is that life was very hard for the poor and by saying they’d burn in hell for suicide they could effectively force the peasants to keep working in arduous conditions and paying their taxes and paying the church. It means no matter how horrible your life is you can’t just off yourself you have to suffer through it so that you are selflessly keeping the powers that be and society at large afloat.

Basically my bet is that it was a tool of control. Side note, it seems to me schizo autists and people like us who have lived our lives believing things to be true that go against the broader societal narrative tend to be way more aware of the propaganda structures in western countries and just how deep the top down influence on people goes. Most people really do eventually cave and go along with whatever narrative is pushed top down so whoever owns the news media and social media and the education institutions can effectively indoctrinate an entire nation with ease given a bit of time. Especially if you also control the laws.

For example, what’s played out with the trans and pronoun movement is incredibly dumb as I’ve explained in detail before, but the fact that they were able to get the majority of people (or at the least the people who matter) to cave to it shows that you can basically get people to believe anything given you have top down control. It’s the Emperors New Clothes for the modern era. Same with trite nonsense like “Diversity is our strength”, nope, it’s an obstacle to be overcome not a strength. There was a study from a Harvard prof (bowling alone author) showing diverse environments actually show less civic health in basically every metric (voting, volunteering, trust, etc).
A tool of control as I expected.

True higher God Monad is disconnected from this false sham reality which is nothing but dense low vibrational energy loosh farm based on Saturn moon matrix holographic projection. Of course escaping such a horrific place would be highly condemned by certain slave masters, so they put the fear of death and final judgment into hearts of enslaved
Do you follow a particular religion/belief system

Why be punished forever for a finite amount of crime ?

Why be punished forever for a finite amount of crime ?
Because the crime was committed against an infinite being, therefore infinite punishment is served :bigbrain:

While I'm not religious, I was raised in a faith that asserts suicide leads to eternal hell. I believe this rule was implemented as a fail-safe in the early days of religion to dissuade believers from ending their lives who were convinced of heaven in the afterlife.

But if one’s life is so empty, bleak, repetitive, boring, reeling from trauma, and painful, why is suicide a crime? This seems to contradict divine mercy and understanding, considering someone's eternal fate is sealed by a single act, without any chance for reconciliation.

Especially since one did not ask to exist, as birth is an event that was thrust upon us, without our choice or volition - although you could argue that being asked if one would like to exist would in of itself require you to ‘exist’ to some extent, so it’s inevitable.

Although, I still think that it can be viewed as fundamentally unjust to deny someone the agency to determine the course of their own existence, especially when they are experiencing profound distress.

Having mercy towards suicide acknowledges that the person possesses the wisdom and agency to evaluate their circumstances and make decisions that they deem best for their well-being, even if others might disagree. And if this enrages and offends a God, why can’t it simply just ‘get over it’?
They r gay

I believe this rule was implemented as a fail-safe in the early days of religion to dissuade believers from ending their lives who were convinced of heaven in the afterlife.

Basically my bet is that it was a tool of control.
:blackpill: :feelsthink: :bigbrain:

God is all-loving and merciful, but God also made your life absolute dog shit AND also made suicide forbidden, so you must continue your dog shit existence or else you're going to hell.

Quite the setup.

Religioncels: Why is suicide punished with eternal torment in hell?​

I don't know if suicide is punished with eternal torment in hell. But suicide is a sin because it's an attempt to defy God's will. Only God has ultimate authority over the lives of people. And so, only God decides when and how a person is to die. People who kill themselves are basically acting as if they have the authority over their lives, which is why it's a sin.

All the Abrahamic religions are low IQ copes for brown retards

:blackpill: :feelsthink: :bigbrain:

God is all-loving and merciful, but God also made your life absolute dog shit AND also made suicide forbidden, so you must continue your dog shit existence or else you're going to hell.

Quite the setup.
:feelsbadman::feelscry:

@Swagpilled explain