Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Perceived intelligence is attractive, but real intelligence is not. Bones >>>>>> intelligence

D

Deleted member 140

outnumbered KHHV minority of sexhavers.co
-
Normies getting blackpilled hard

In animals, certain traits function as ‘fitness indicators’. These traits (like the peacock’s tail) are signs of genetic quality or health that indicate the desirability of individuals as mates. To be a fitness indicator, a trait has to be an honest signal – it has to be detectable and be a dependable proxy of genetic quality.
Some scientists consider intelligence the human equivalent to the peacock’s tail. They contend that human intelligence, an outlier among apes, is a product of sexual selection. It has been suggested that an individual’s ability to formulate and communicate ideas, make jokes or produce satisfying bullshit may function as honest signals of intelligence. However, there is no conclusive evidence that intelligence can be accurately detected (i.e., perceived intelligence is correlated with actual intelligence). Do the supposed signs of intelligence like humour increase the desirability of potential mates, and more importantly, are they correlated with actual intelligence?
“For a trait to be intersexually selected, either the trait itself or a correlated trait must be detectable by members of the opposite sex. This detection can be conscious or subconscious.”
A recent paper by Julie Driebe et al. describes how they tested whether women are more attracted to men they perceive as intelligent or funny, and if this perceived intelligence or funniness is correlated with actual intelligence.

Study 1
In study 1, researchers first measured the intelligence of male participants using a series of cognitive ability tests. They were then photographed, and videotaped performing tasks. Tasks included reading vowels on a screen, reading five newspaper headlines from German newspapers, pantomiming the word ‘Bankverbindung’, and making the experimenter laugh by telling an anecdote or joke.
Female participants were shown these photograph and videos, and then asked to rate these men on the following attributes – physical attractiveness, intelligence, funniness, and attractiveness as long-term/short term mate. Researchers found that perceived intelligence was correlated with measured intelligence.

“Women are able to perceive intelligence with some degree of accuracy based on our three cues (cue 4: videos of men reading newspaper headlines aloud, cue 5: performing a pantomime task and cue 6: trying to make the experimenter laugh).”
While men who were perceived as funny were more likely to be perceived as intelligent, perceived funniness was not associated with objectively measured (actual) intelligence. Also, while men who were perceived as more funny or more intelligent had a higher sexual appeal, intelligent men had slightly lower sexual appeal. Physical attractiveness was the main predictor of sexual mate appeal.
“Women did not find intelligent men more appealing.”
Study 2
In study 2, participants took part in multiple speed-dating sessions in which they were instructed to “speak about any topic”. Each session lasted three minutes. In total, there were 123 speed-dating sessions with 729 participants. Participants (both sexes) rated their date’s intelligence, funniness, and mate appeal and also had their own intelligence measured using cognitive tests.
Once again, more intelligent people were perceived (and rated) as more intelligent, suggesting that intelligence was consciously and/or subconsciously evaluated with some accuracy. Also, like in the first study, women found men who they perceived as more intelligent or funny, more attractive as mates.
However, they did not find men who were objectively more intelligent more attractive as partners. Also, once again, researchers found no correlation between measured intelligence and perceived funniness.
Findings suggest that although an increase in perceived intelligence increases one’s desirability as a partner, actual intelligence does not. In some cases (as found in study 1) it may even reduce mate appeal. The study brings into question the notion that intelligence and funniness act as fitness indicators. It also suggests sexual selection played a lesser role in the evolution of human intelligence. Read more about the study by Julie Driebe, Morgan Sidari, Michael Dufner, Juliane von der Heiden, Paul Bürkner, Lars Penke, Brendan Zietsch, and Ruben Arslan here or preprint here.

Literally insane how much your bones determine your life. I love how incel tears thinks the blackpill is just hating women, it’s just accepting genetic determinism and that some men, no matter what they do, can’t get laid. I’m glad that these people accept SCIENCE that proves your appearance can affect your dating success and people’s perception of your intelligence.

1. Women find men who are perceived as intelligent to be more attractive --->

2. Taller men are perceived as more intelligent than shorter men --->

3. Thus, the heightpill strikes once again, as once again taller men are shown to have it better with women than shorter men.

It just never ends.

Looks are everything and everything is looks. All else is delusional cope.

Surprise surprise, soy mods locked it because it was blackpilling too many people.

neil-de-grasse-tyson-when-the-coping-is-too-strong.gif

3. Thus, the heightpill strikes once again, as once again taller men are shown to have it better with women than shorter men.

It just never ends.
Motherfucker... :feelsbadman:
Surprise surprise, soy mods locked it because it was blackpilling too many people.

:bluepill::bluepill::bluepill: "This is probably..." :bluepill::bluepill::bluepill: "Maybe..." :bluepill::bluepill::bluepill:
JFL :feelskek:

The true intelligence is worthless. :blackpill:

@Master @SergeantIncel pin this or add this to the scientific blackpill wiki

It just never ends.
Not just women. People over 6'2" are more likely to be CEOs because of their perceived intelligence and "decision-making" due to height, not actual intelligence. :blackpill:

Last edited:
What horrible deed did I do in a previous incarnation to deserve being both actually high IQ and high libido and at the same time so short (5'7") that people dismiss my actually high IQ and my high libido goes unfulfilled? What deity did I so offend? Whose ancient, heroic spirit did I fail to propitiate? What did I do to deserve foids' unparalleled and unremitting hatred merely for being conceived in my mother's womb?
I actually made a thread on this, my theory is that we were Chads and Stacies before and now we atone by going through the opposite experience.

Yes.

It pisses me off to no end.

Not only is male tallness attractive to foids in and of itself, there is also this "secondary attractiveness amplifier" of being perceived as more intelligence and therefore (once again) more attractive. Another such secondary attractiveness amplifier is that tall men tend to actually be richer and have higher status, and thus once again they are deemed more attractive. It's like femur + tibia literally make or break your success in life in every single field and in all fields combined.

What horrible deed did I do in a previous incarnation to deserve being both actually high IQ and high libido and at the same time so short (5'7") that people dismiss my actually high IQ and my high libido goes unfulfilled? What deity did I so offend? Whose ancient, heroic spirit did I fail to propitiate? What did I do to deserve foids' unparalleled and unremitting hatred merely for being conceived in my mother's womb?
:bigbrain:

Spot on. I know how you feel, I'm 5'6". The reality is you had one chance at life and you lost. :feelsbadman::cryfeels::feelscry::feelsrope:

'Boring nerd loser :foidSoy:'

E6c

'Smart is the new sexy :heart::foidSoy:'.

Close up of bearded handsome man wearing glasses feeling excited T07NEH

:feelskek::feelskek:
reality only appeals to these cucks when it fits their narrative
reddit and pseudo intellectualism go hand in hand

I'm reading the study and it makes zero sense. can you guys stop posting reddit links with sensationalistic headlines.

literally it refuted itself here;
Some scientists consider intelligence the human equivalent to the peacock’s tail. They contend that human intelligence, an outlier among apes, is a product of sexual selection.

just lol, something that has been selected for millions of years isn't actually attractive or doesn't matter? JFL

Sorry, this post has been removed by the moderators of r/science.
Moderators remove posts from feeds for a variety of reasons, including keeping communities safe, civil, and true to their purpose.
LMAO
STUDY NOT ALLOWED ON R/SCIENCE
AHAHAHA
Best comment so far :
Yeah, this seemed weird to me; the characteristics of the individual women matter too. The study is also assuming that women are the only ones who make decisions about mates, without taking the men’s decisions into account at all. Seems pretty flawed.
:feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:

No no no!!! Looks has absolutely nothing to do with getting laid at all! It's literally only about personality!!!:soy::soy::soy::bluepill::bluepill::bluepill:

They love Chad :smonk:
I don't think they do. If they get bored, find another chadder Chad or Chad loses looks, they cuck/leave Chad with no second thoughts.

Women love nothing. Not even themselves, as shown by how much they crave abuse and violence against themselves.

Love is a male thing. God loves us, and He's masculine, not feminine.

I don't think they do. If they get bored, find another chadder Chad or Chad loses looks, they cuck/leave Chad with no second thoughts.

Women love nothing. Not even themselves, as shown by how much they crave abuse and violence against themselves.

Then if women are incapable of love why do we claim to want to be in love with one, idk about you, but I think it would be nice to be in love with a girl

Then if women are incapable of love why do we claim to want to be in love with one, idk about you, but I think it would be nice to be in love with a girl
It's an illusion. It's like fapping, it's just pixels and your hand. There's no substance.

Chad with glasses> scientist

Chad with glasses> scientist
Literally how girls think

The actual geniuses ive met in university were mocked or shunned by girls (except one who was good looking and apparently had a giant dick)

if you are 6'2" and wear glasses: you're smart
if you are 5'6" and ugly, but you study a fckn lot: you're weird
:feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope:

Literally insane how much your bones determine your life. I love how incel tears thinks the blackpill is just hating women, it’s just accepting genetic determinism and that some men, no matter what they do, can’t get laid. I’m glad that these people accept SCIENCE that proves your appearance can affect your dating success and people’s perception of your intelligence.

Haven't heard of the halo effect, eh :feelsjuice:

perceived intelligence is what normies would call charisma.

I suffer from bone deficiency thus I'm considered a retard regardless of my academic achievements or wealth or anything that's not bones related aka meaningless accessories

the way youre treated by society is determined by a few mm of facial bones :feelsclown:

>reddit
>normies

Pick one.

Not even bluepillers in reddit believe women care about intelligence... damn

Reddit of all places.

Looks are everything and everything is looks. All else is delusional cope.
A more believable reality is that looks are 99.99% of everything and that all else is 0.01%

"Your personality is perceived by the way you look."

-FaceandLMS.

"Your personality is perceived by the way you look."

-FaceandLMS.

Exactly. If someone is physically attracted to another person they will operate on an assumption that the person is otherwise desirable as well.

Join the glorious evolution

Yup, well put

edit --> lmfao of course this got removed by the niggerfaggot mods of r/science, leave it to reddit to shove reality right up their ass

the absolute retardation of that first comment rofl, holy shit people will make up fucking anything to deny reality when it doesn't suit them. Gotta love how normie dumbasses toss out terms like "Dunning-Krueger" and use it wrong because they think having heard of it makes them sound intelligent or something, good lord reddit is a gynocentric SJW shithole.

Last edited: