Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

OwnerOp basics

Like to start my day at 2am finishing around 3pm.
I agree 100%
Whenever I need to drive long distance I tend to start at 11pm and finish near 5am.
Feels comfy driving at night when the sun isn't beating down on you and not alot of drivers near.

Yeah i played it a bit, it sucks that it has better maps then ets2, ETS2 should get better cities
Thought they started to remap some of them. Haven’t played in a while but remember reading something about them doing up dates.

Sitting for 34hrs kind of sucks. Picked up Sunday delivery date the 10th but can drop early. Decided to sit on it and reset my weekly clock.
Played some games, cleaned up truck, glued new velcro on curtain. Pretty productive day.
Tested out the foreman grill I bought
01ECB6B6 78BA 4C92 8326 039A4B1AFDBA

CE1A8A92 B46B 485C B73C 9246711FEF2D

cost under 5 for this meal, usually spend 20 at McDonald’s

Got that delivered then got sent to rescue a load that had to be delivered today in pa.
Drive my ass off to get up here just to be told it’s doesn’t deliver until tomorrow. Got it unloaded though took about 3 hours.
Hate being up in the northeast when not going home.
Traffic sucks, parking sucks, generally not worth it to run up here if not payed by the hour or going home.
Cost about 15 bucks to park for the night.

BCA10559 DA91 449E A6ED FA44A0E9339F

truck coffee

still looking for a cheap vape store too almost out the taxes are outrageous around the country. 40 for 100ml in Missouri not much better here in pa. 20 bucks back home in nh

Long post.
Going to detail the average day and a little about how things work.

Start from last night.

Delivered load in York Pa, after delivery was sent a pre-plan.

Pre-plan:
A prep-plan is an offer of a load. As an o/o i can reject it for any reason. Company drivers must accept unless they cannot legally do the load.

Preplan gives:
Pick up location date and time
Delivery location date and time

Before accepting plan ask two questions.
Can I make both the pick up and delivery on time?
Do I have enough hours left in my pool to complete the trip?
Yes accept the load

Next day:

Day begins with a pre-trip inspection of the unit. Check tires, lights fluids, connections. Spotted a problem with my unit this morning and was able to fix it. Had i not done the pre-trip i would of missed it.
My 5th wheel pins didnt lock back in.

I am now considered on the clock or on the book. MY 14 hour window to complete my day is now ticking down.

Pick up:
Arrived to pick up at 7:45, was in a door at 8:30.

While being loaded trip plan the route from the shipper to the receiver.
Ran the trip through a gps and got 12 hours to complete the route.
Add in variables: These are learned with time experience.

For this trip I know I76 in pa is under construction so I'll add an hour. I also know their are some large hills to climb so I'll add another hour.
So 14 hours total.

Load needs to be in WI on friday at 7am. No problem. I like loads like this where I dont have to rush. So long as that delivery is made on time I can run the route in a manner of my choosing.
Ran 4 hours off today bringing it down to 8. Tomorrow I'll push into WI and get as close to customer as possible preferably within an hour or less. This sets me up nicely for the delivery friday morning and will preserve as much of that 14 hour clock as possible.

Trailers loaded now its time to find a scale to scale out the load.
5 axle semis are limited to:
80,000 pounds gross weight that weight must then be divided over the axles
12,000lbs on steers
34,000lbs on drives
34,000lbs on tandem.

Their is a dot scale on I83 north of york thankfully I dont get pulled in and I make it to carlise.

First weigh:
Steer 12,260
Drive 29040
Trailer 36840
Gross 78,140

Thankfully I made it past that dot scale. I am over on my trailer axle and on my steer axle.

How do you fix it?
We need to fix it my moving the trailer axle and fifth wheel to shift the weight around. First we need to shift weight off the trailer axle to the tractors drive axle.
We do this by moving the axle of the trailer back away from the tractor and towards the end of the trailer. We also need to shift that weight off the steer. To take weight off the steer we move the fifth wheel all the way back from the front.

Second weigh:
steer 11,300
drive 33,080
trailer 33,780

Success we are now legal

Fuel:
know how much fuel your tanks hold. Fuel will add weight to the truck. I have two 100 gallon tanks, diesel fuel weights about 7lbs per gallon. I have 1,860 pounds of play in my gross weight, plus some wiggle room on my axles. I'll be able to fill my tanks, but won’t just to be safe I’ll go a little above half. On some loads you may have to keep your tanks at half, its sucks and is a pain in the ass.

Moving the 5th wheel back as well as the trailer axle has also increased our length a little and decreased maneuverability. Corners must now be taken wider and extra care must be applied in town and cities.

Know the length laws of the states you will be traveling. Some states restrict where your tandems can be.
Ct is 42' and ny is 41' you must account for this in your scaling if you cant scale out with the axle in a legal position you will need to have the load reworked.

The average long haul truck is
73 feet long
13ft 6in tall
8.5ft wide

Last edited:
Love that truck manufacturers still make their trucks so you can do stupid little things your self. All the lights on the truck and trailer are plug and go. Meanwhile on my Cadillac I have to unbolt two pieces not even associated with the light just to get to the assembly then pull out the assembly.

Wind blowing like hell in Wisconsin. Truck swaying back and forth feels like I’m on a boat.
The rains nice though always find the sound of the raining hitting the roof comforting while in the bunk.

Productivity killer picked up yesterday have until Wednesday to go less than 800 miles.
Another handy little tool to have on the road. Ru
A4AD088F 1CF5 45F0 82C9 C9ACACB390C1

ramen tonight
8619C419 0D64 4136 8B30 E401A9A963E6

Cut off the rest and won’t let me edit.
Runs off 12v plug heats to 300f

Last edited:
One of the things we really need to improve is on road emergency services especially dental.
I’m 100s of miles from home with cracked/broken teeth and can’t find anywhere to have them removed.

Got bored started runnings my numbers.
Been an owner operator for 5 weeks with 13 days out of service for repair.
In my first 5 weeks I’ve grossed 10,350 with a net of 6,388. Not bad

Truck stop strategy.
One of the biggest problems is there not being enough places for us to go especially in the northeast so over time I’ve developed a strategy.
First thing is to know the area a little bit which is learned over time. Ex would be the pilot in Pittston pa I know that place is packed pretty much 24/7 Home Depot dc across the st from it.
As a general rule I’ve found a lot of drivers are 9-5ers so I scheduled myself around them.
I’ll stop at 2-3 in the afternoon with the latest being 4 in the winter. In summer drivers will start crowding the spots around 7-8 because of the longer days so I can adjust myself a bit.

Picking a spot.
When early enough you pretty much can have your pick.
My choice spots are usually on an end or a corner preferably with terrain or a solid object on one side. I like to pick a spot with lower probability of me getting hit or of getting blocked in.

the truck stop itself can help with this as well most of the chains try to cram in as many spaces as possible. Pilot/flying j is notorious for this with spots being just barely wide enough for the truck.
My favorite chain is love’s.
The loves are often smaller, with wider spaces and most spaces are usually a pull up and straight back which lowers chances of getting whacked.
Spots to avoid are any near the scale as drivers will stack up next to it making it near impossible to get out.
Loves also benefits from being one of the cleaner truck stops if not the cleanest.
Bathrooms are always nice and tidy, showers fresh and clean and trash bins aren’t over flowing.
Wee wee pee pee

How do you do to recharge your laptop?
12v plug or inverter. Got it plugged in to the inverter now.
8B8FF65B 3002 4447 8523 ED7F421EDB22

10,000 watts
Two standard plugs and a usb
Keep my cpap plugged in to at all times. Use a power strip for everything else.
Behind the drivers seat though would prefer if it on other side so I don’t have cables running across floor.
Since I have the space behind the seat want to try to get my desktop in here.
Just worried about the glass breaking
5CAED809 A653 4916 99FD D982EDA2925F

Inverter should have enough to power it and a 22” tv

Last edited:
Hate this shit.
C72178CB A9B5 4932 9694 FD832B42CCA8
37E80CFD 63B7 4DFB 948D A3000AB3E4B1

i always thought about being a truck driver. good cope ,job for introverts with no life
But in europe every eastern european buys a drivers license and works for peanuts so the salary is like 2k euros a month here.
if i could go to the us i would work there. How much money did you made last month?

i always thought about being a truck driver. good cope ,job for introverts with no life
But in europe every eastern european buys a drivers license and works for peanuts so the salary is like 2k euros a month here.
if i could go to the us i would work there. How much money did you made last month?
Grossed 10350 after fuel an expenses net about 6300
Down time really kills me sat on the previous load for 3 days. Delivered that yesterday got a nj to pa run in before the storm now sitting waiting for pa to lift the travel restrictions on empty trailers so I can go get my load to Georgia

Last edited:
Should you finish a day with wet shoes and your a dummy like me and don’t carry a spare.
The bunk heater is powerful enough to dry them just place in pathway.

As we headed towards Christmas freight seemed a little slow although no shortage of trucks on the road. Makes me a little worried about the true health of the economy.
4th quarter earnings releases will be interesting.
Had my worst week as an o/o so far netting 400.
Sitting in south eastern pa waiting. But thanks to my o/o privileges if there is no freight heading to the northeast I can deadhead home.
Not interested in missing Christmas dinner it’s the one thing I have to look forward every year.
10-24 and headed home let the good times roll 10-4

Last edited:
Got home Sunday night. Pretty much been sleeping since.
Tractor back in shop. Just cant catch a break with the thing may end up wiping out the last 6 weeks of earnings.

Just ignore the community and have a monologue with yourself bro

Just ignore the community and have a monologue with yourself bro
ive posted in other topics. don't get many replies there either doesn't bother me just par for the course for me.

ive posted in other topics. don't get many replies there either doesn't bother me just par for the course for me.
Ok driver! No need to get yer chains tangled!

I just only see you talking about your various truck stuff and hardly ever see you in other threads.

While venting is more than ok, sometimes random communication is more helpful than being fully alone talking to yourself via a screen....

Ok driver! No need to get yer chains tangled!

I just only see you talking about your various truck stuff and hardly ever see you in other threads.

While venting is more than ok, sometimes random communication is more helpful than being fully alone talking to yourself via a screen....
no offense taken
i reply to other threads here and there when find one i can contribute to but my truck and video games are pretty much my life. this threads more of a running commentary about owning a truck if people reply there choice but i dont care if they dont.

no offense taken
i reply to other threads here and there when find one i can contribute to but my truck and video games are pretty much my life. this threads more of a running commentary about owning a truck if people reply there choice but i dont care if they dont.
Don't get me wrong, i find your page here interesting. After all...

When the trucks stops,
America stops.

Perhaps you might benefit from a mental vacation? Just saying.

Don't get me wrong, i find your page here interesting. After all...

When the trucks stops,
America stops.

Perhaps you might benefit from a mental vacation? Just saying.
Not sure im understanding.
Not like im in this thread all the time i pop back in an update here and there like a blog thing i guess.
In between im in other threads usually just reading.

got a dash cam for the truck.
any interest in some videos? wont post a lot of boring highway junk ill use the highlight reel. back country roads and city driving.

got a dash cam for the truck.
any interest in some videos? wont post a lot of boring highway junk ill use the highlight reel. back country roads and city driving.
You could probably post them on YouTube and get some ad money for it. There's probably a cult for that sort of thing.

I thought about doing it, but decided it was too much of a hassle. Not enough road diversity....

You could probably post them on YouTube and get some ad money for it. There's probably a cult for that sort of thing.

I thought about doing it, but decided it was too much of a hassle. Not enough road diversity....
youtubes a tough nut to crack with out the face/personality to go with it.

youtubes a tough nut to crack with out the face/personality to go with it

There's no FACE on the road.
(Eyes yes, but no face...)

You probably don't even need to talk if you don't want to.

Earlier there used to be masked dudes talking about stuff. Masked because they wanted privacy. Mostly mra dudes...

Well I'm fucked
Over 5k to fix the truck