Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media Music Megathread

Understandable opinion. Notorious Thugs has some of Bone Thugs-N-Harmony's most melodic, consecrated, and finest lines. After all, they set the tone for the song, and Biggie adapted to their musical approach. I think Bizzy's verse is great in how Bone's rhythmic style parallels his in a way. While not very big on metaphors, his words, melodic cadence, and vocal inflextions come through in a raw and heartfelt manner. This track, however, is remembered for Biggie’s verse for a reason. It's one of his best, and his technical ability is on full display here, with multi-syllabic rhymes gliding over the beat like water.

Biggie’s admiration for the craft is evident in the fact that he studied Bone Thugs' rhyme scheme and adjusted his style accordingly. Since it was likely the only time he had ever performed a triplet flow on a song, it was as if he was paying homage to the South and the Midwest style they would later come to be recognized as one of the biggest innovators of, despite his reputation as the king of New York. That verse alone left a massive mark on rap. So many lines in it were sampled and interpolated over the years.

Fun Fact: A studio session between Bone and Biggie forced the latter to contemplate how he could equal the group's superior performance. According to Bone, Biggie had already written a verse before hearing theirs. After hearing everyone's verse, Biggie told them to give him 15 minutes and left the room. When he returns with the finished version, he blew everyone away.
I give Biggie a lot of credit for flowing with the bone thugs in their style. Bizzy's flow is wild on that 2nd verse

Bone was the only group to do a song with both Big and Pac (Thug Luv)

Last edited:
probably because it has a hip hop beat or some shit :feelskek:
Didn’t see this until now ngl.

Yeah, that probably is the reason. He must be one of those "born in the wrong generation" type zoomers who are just dissatisfied and disillusioned with modern music. Tons of electronic music has a hip hop/trap flavor to it, so he is not going to fare very well with most of it if that’s why he was set off by it. In particular, Witch House, the song's primary microgenre, is musically characterized by densely layered basslines and trap-style drum loops, but it's also known for its occult, gothic-inspired themes frequently accompanied by eerie, horror influenced aesthetics.

Disliking an entire genre of anything in regard to the arts—not just music—is, in my opinion, extremely shallow. I grew out of that mentality at the end of middle school. If you have that kind of perspective on the world, you're missing out on a lot of good things.

Last edited:

View: https://youtu.be/SHfB5HBFeTc?si=hT5lVoHFVrdVJ9v8

A chilling and deeply personal moment on his experimental opus, The Life Of Pablo, FML is a raw revelation of the everpresent struggles Kanye endures in the pursuit of statusmaxxing, love, and mental wellness. The musical icon would usually continue on his pattern of rejecting outside points of view and disparaging other people's opinions, much to his own detriment, but here, West acknowledges his desire to put others before himself, namely his blossoming family. Kanye's fear and anxiety that his own behavior will force his family and loved ones to be taken away from him—the idea and reality of that seem so much more pressing on this song.

I love Kanye's lyrics on this track. There’s a raw honesty to his words as he contemplates a commitment to change for the sake of those he holds dear. Not as bad as I would have expected is his singing, and once Abel, The Weeknd, comes in and gives his vocal performance, i would say the song takes a stunning turn. The frigid production is minimal but effective, the instrumental is great, the ideas and sentiments it conveys present an internal battle for West, highlighted by his tendency to commit mistakes, and it's a song that is, from front to back, deeply satisfying.

"Give up the women before I lose half of what I own" MGTOW niggas felt that.