Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media Music Megathread

I'm just now seeing this SOVL AF live performance of it. This rendition even incorporates great aspects from the first version of the song and even subtly adds onto it.

View: https://youtu.be/XBzoHdb1-Qw
I know this shouldn't matter at all and it’s a stupid thing to think about because we’re only here for the music, but normies and soys in the comment section of sad music/videos talking about loneliness and depression always irk me for some reason.

Last edited:
I know this shouldn't matter at all and it’s a stupid thing to think about because we’re only here for the music, but normies and soys in the comment section of sad music/videos talking about loneliness and depression always irk me for some reason.
Truthnuke

I don't even remember this song being on the radio
lol me neither. I don't really remember hearing it before at all actually. But the song's similarity to numerous other songs that were everywhere at the time gives you the impression that you've heard it before even though you might have not.

7/10. This... this is really good. I don't know how you found this, but whoever made it seems to be criminally underrated because it only has 2k views on YouTube, which is quite unexpected, I think. For me, the standout element of this song is the chopped and looped vocal samples, but really, every instrument used shares some of the spotlight thanks to the wonderful way they are layered and structured.

A critical ear may have something to say about this song's length, and I would have to agree. Given its excellent climax—which features enveloping walls of crashing drums and symbols, soothing guitars, and fuzzy synthesizers that sound like a summer straight of your childhood—I think if this song was condensed down to just four or even three minutes, it would actually have more impact.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DjFpPSuGR0

I'VE PAID MY DUES. I'VE SOLD MY SOUL. SO TELL ME, WHAT IS LEFT FOR ME WHEN I'VE GIVEN UP EVERYTHING?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrOOigt76K0

FATE SOMEHOW BRINGS ME HOPE INSIDE MY HEART

Last edited:
I don't know how you found this,
Hours of digging and scrounging.
but whoever made it seems to be criminally underrated because it only has 2k views on YouTube, which is quite unexpected, I think.
No, it definitely is. On YouTube, it's skewed less, but this is still unwarranted. And Spotify streams are highly inflated in comparison. This is tantamount to 2k views TBHNGL. I mean just look at the monthly listeners.

For me, the standout element of this song is the chopped and looped vocal samples, but really, every instrument used shares some of the spotlight thanks to the wonderful way they are layered and structured.
Truth.
A critical ear may have something to say about this song's length, and I would have to agree. Given its excellent climax—which features enveloping walls of crashing drums and symbols, soothing guitars, and fuzzy synthesizers that sound like a summer straight of your childhood—I think if this song was condensed down to just four or even three minutes, it would actually have more impact.
I suppose so.

Cut the ripcord... don't look back
Burn the bridges down
Grab the handle... clench your fist
Beat the bastards down...

You'd think I would dig nightcore, considering how much it sounds like vocaloid music, which I was heavily, autistically into at an early age, but ehhh. However, while the appeal of the nightcore 'genre' usually eludes me, this is one of the rare instances where a sped up, higher pitched remix—if you can call it that—actually kind of works. But perhaps I only say that because I already love the song to death.

Insanely harmonic and lead by Garrix' signature power synths, So Far Away is ideal EDM for those fall and winter months, offering emotive lyrical themes, that while superficial, generic, and broadly applicable as any pop song set for radio stations, touch on the emotional turmoil that arises when someone dear is no longer close by, both physically and emotionally. Melancholy guitar licks breathe life into the powerful futurepop ballad as Scott’s gentle tones segue in. Thick layers of his vocal harmonies cover the bridge and chorus, while a tantalizing drop yields bombastic bass, kicks, soaring vox synths. and larger-than-life chords. Stunning string arrangements deck out the outro and complete the perfect package.

Last edited:

View: https://youtu.be/N6XhzXB3oY8?si=hwUGz9JfgZpGCcPm

Recorded months before his death, Notorious Thugs isn’t a song so much as a challenge: can the relatively laconic Notorious B.I.G. speed up and keep up with the trademark hyper-speed flow of guests Bone Thugs-n-Harmony? The answer: yes, and in particularly thrilling style, complete with complex internal rhyme schemes and a whip-smart reference to Eddie Murphy.

Pulling no punches with his verse in just one studio session, the way Biggie effortlessly weaves in and out of his own style while conquering even the melodic rapid-fire flow made famous by Cleveland group Bone Thugs-N-Harmony is awesome. Notorious Thugs not only exemplifies Biggie's ability to take on any style, it also marks his ambition to be an artist who resounded globally. In addition, it holds up incredibly well for a song that is almost 30 years old.

Last edited:

Recorded months before his death, Notorious Thugs isn’t a song so much as a challenge: can the relatively laconic Notorious B.I.G. speed up and keep up with the trademark hyper-speed flow of guests Bone Thugs-n-Harmony? The answer: yes, and in particularly thrilling style, complete with complex internal rhyme schemes and a whip-smart reference to Eddie Murphy.

Pulling no punches with his verse in just one studio session, the way Biggie effortlessly weaves in and out of his own style while conquering even the melodic rapid-fire flow made famous by Cleveland group Bone Thugs-N-Harmony is awesome. Notorious Thugs not only exemplifies Biggie's ability to take on any style, it also marks his ambition to be an artist who resounded globally. In addition, it holds up incredibly well for a song that is almost 30 years old.

:yes: good song

While Biggie's verse is excellent, I honestly think Bizzy (2nd verse) had the best verse

You'd think I would dig nightcore, considering how much it sounds like vocaloid music, which I was heavily, autistically into at an early age, but ehhh. However, while the appeal of the nightcore 'genre' usually eludes me, this is one of the rare instances where a sped up, higher pitched remix—if you can call it that—actually kind of works. But perhaps I only say that because I already love the song to death.

Insanely harmonic and lead by Garrix' signature power synths, So Far Away is ideal EDM for those fall and winter months, offering emotive lyrical themes, that while superficial, generic, and broadly applicable as any pop song set for radio stations, touch on the emotional turmoil that arises when someone dear is no longer close by, both physically and emotionally. Melancholy guitar licks breathe life into the powerful futurepop ballad as Scott’s gentle tones segue in. Thick layers of his vocal harmonies cover the bridge and chorus, while a tantalizing drop yields bombastic bass, kicks, soaring vox synths. and larger-than-life chords. Stunning string arrangements deck out the outro and complete the perfect package.
i don't know anything about music theory but it lets me fantasize about experiencing teenage love.

:yes: good song
Good taste haba. The abrupt intro always get me excited when the song comes on.
i don't know anything about music theory but it lets me fantasize about experiencing teenage love.
Same :yes:

I feel like I should not be enjoying sad songs because they're almost always about love—something I will never have, but for some reason, they hurt so good. It has the same weirdly cathartic mental effect as watching a romance anime—I use anime specifically because most of them are set in high school (only teen love really matters) and still much more pure than anything that could possibly come from the west.

Last edited:
While Biggie's verse is excellent, I honestly think Bizzy (2nd verse) had the best verse
Understandable opinion. Notorious Thugs has some of Bone Thugs-N-Harmony's most melodic, consecrated, and finest lines. After all, they set the tone for the song, and Biggie adapted to their musical approach. I think Bizzy's verse is great in how Bone's rhythmic style parallels his in a way. While not very big on metaphors, his words, melodic cadence, and vocal inflextions come through in a raw and heartfelt manner. This track, however, is remembered for Biggie’s verse for a reason. It's one of his best, and his technical ability is on full display here, with multi-syllabic rhymes gliding over the beat like water.

Biggie’s admiration for the craft is evident in the fact that he studied Bone Thugs' rhyme scheme and adjusted his style accordingly. Since it was likely the only time he had ever performed a triplet flow on a song, it was as if he was paying homage to the South and the Midwest style they would later come to be recognized as one of the biggest innovators of, despite his reputation as the king of New York. That verse alone left a massive mark on rap. So many lines in it were sampled and interpolated over the years.

Fun Fact: A studio session between Bone and Biggie forced the latter to contemplate how he could equal the group's superior performance. According to Bone, Biggie had already written a verse before hearing theirs. After hearing everyone's verse, Biggie told them to give him 15 minutes and left the room. When he returns with the finished version, he blew everyone away.