Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Most realistic/blackpilled ending for GTA V? [Spoilers]

Most realistic ending for GTA V?

• Total voters
C

CopingForBrutality

Captain
★★
Ending A - A realistic ending, Trevor dies because he is the most troublesome and insane one out of the three so it's not a surprise the others decide to put him down for his behaviours despite the previous positive affiliation with the trio. The group can't justify his reason to let let him live except for his own mundane reasons, Trevor lives in some broken caravan in the middle of the desert, doesn't have a family or anything of worse except basic human survival instinct. The decision to kill Trevor is realistic because people like him often find themselves in dangerous situations which most would not tolerate despite having positive relationships once upon a time, most people in this world are not tolerant and could continue a friendship like that.

Ending B - Most realistic ending in my opinion. Franklin basically does what Michael did to Trevor 10 years prior, instead of caring about the fate of his friends he turns to self interest and desires to protect his own young life instead of rotting in some empty mansion dealing with the inescapable criminal lifestyle brought upon by Michael. Instead of prioritising loyalty and maintaining the bond he had with Michael, Franklin turns on him to secure his own interests which isn't an unsafe decision in this depraved and unforgiving nature of this world, he got the opportunity and takes it. This turn of events illustrates the realistic occurrence present in our imperfect world, fragility of trust and the impact of individual ambitions on friendships.

Ending C - Hollywood type ending because it's not realistic if it were to happen in real life, all the major antagonists die and the trio live, it is set in a world void of self-interest, greed and betrayal. This ending is characterised by its positivity and a certain degree of wish-fulfilment, it is the most wholesome and positive ending which can appeal to the comfort of many players, in my opinion it is the least blackpilled because it does not factor much of the human motivations but rather paints an idealistic situation amongst a tight knit friend group. Although in saying that it is undoubtedly the best ending when you're talking about the metaphysical dimension of an ideal world, no question.

Although Ending B is the most gut wrenching ending I would say it is the most realistic. Human behaviours unique to our condition such as betrayal and self-interest factors plague society at all levels, it is way too common amongst friendships, amongst all types of people amongst society, despite what people say Chads are not immune to these poisons. Being blackpilled this is how I feel with most people I come across, to keep it at a mere transactional basis and nothing more than that, people can stab your back at any time despite having come to peaceful agreements prior to it, pitch perfect loyalty especially under extreme circumstances like the one in Ending C exists in fiction. It's a cynical view of the world in my point of view but having gone through the experiences I have dealt with growing up I don't think it's unsafe to view the world in such light.

@DarkStarDown @wereq @verybasedindeed

Pay me suka.

IMG 0664

.Take-Two Interactive

Too poor to play gta

Definitely B, 100% although for Franklin to turn like that after everything he and Michael had been through would make a much more unrealistic ending depending on how you look at it. As much as it’s fun to shit on Rockstar for terrible gameplay design, you can’t deny just how well thought out some of their writing is. Aside from the unusual character inconsistency (Johnny for example getting killed like that by T) and the ludonarrative dissonance (which has plagued pretty much every game now), they’ve had some of the best performances and writing I’ve ever seen honestly. It keeps shit captivating all the way until the end.

That said, I think Ending C, despite being the most far-fetched and cartoonishly unrealistic one, aligned very well with the overall theme the game was aiming at i.e., chasing after this Hollywood inspired tangerine dream of the American life in L.A. simply because at the end of it, despite all three characters getting off scot-free and attaining what they had wanted, they were still very much in the same place as ever. Franklin never got to be with Tanisha, Trevor still lived in a dump and could never move past that sort of lifestyle due to all the trauma, betrayal, etc. and Michael, despite managing to get along with his family, was still right back at the same old mansion.

Really good review btw, OP. Quality post as always. :feelsokman:

Definitely B, 100% although for Franklin to turn like that after everything he and Michael had been through would make a much more unrealistic ending depending on how you look at it. As much as it’s fun to shit on Rockstar for terrible gameplay design, you can’t deny just how well thought out some of their writing is. Aside from the unusual character inconsistency (Johnny for example getting killed like that by T) and the ludonarrative dissonance (which has plagued pretty much every game now), they’ve had some of the best performances and writing I’ve ever seen honestly. It keeps shit captivating all the way until the end.

That said, I think Ending C, despite being the most far-fetched and cartoonishly unrealistic one, aligned very well with the overall theme the game was aiming at i.e., chasing after this Hollywood inspired tangerine dream of the American life in L.A. simply because at the end of it, despite all three characters getting off scot-free and attaining what they had wanted, they were still very much in the same place as ever. Franklin never got to be with Tanisha, Trevor still lived in a dump and could never move past that sort of lifestyle due to all the trauma, betrayal, etc. and Michael, despite managing to get along with his family, was still right back at the same old mansion.

Really good review btw, OP. Quality post as always. :feelsokman:
Yep 100%, although the 2nd one would be unrealistic for the game's aura as it doesn't seem to fit Franklin's personality I would say it's the most likely to occur if it was an in real life scenario where you'd have to factor in the human condition. Also you're right, I like how you described it as a more bittersweet ending rather than completely fantasy which I overlooked, props to the writers of the game for an all round brilliant story.