Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Mentalcels, what is your experience with therapy?

What is your experience with therapy?

• Mentalcel, but never went to therapy

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Went to therapy, was a waste of time

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Went to therapy, had some positive effects

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Went to therapy, improved quality of life greatly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
E

Erenor

Veteran
★★★
The concept of therapy seems to be rather unpopular here, many people even consider it a scam, but I was wondering, what are the experiences of people like that actually went through it?
Extra: If your answer is "helped very much", could you eplain what kind of therapy you did specifically and how it helped you?

not going to therapy since its going to be a load of bluepill horseshit. nofap is the cure anyway. therapy is cope.

I saw a bunch of therapists and most were a complete waste of time; "no therapy for your face" one might say (it wasn't actually my face that caused my anguish, but equivalently immutable issues). In the end, one therapist did some good by just being an empathetic human being to talk to, but no miracles.

If you want this thread to form a statistical basis, that is bad science though. Obviously if anyone did have their life greatly improved they would not be on this site but rather be either normies or bluepilled/MGTOW.

I think the main reason therapy doesn´t work is not because of the therapy itself being useless, but because of the kind of people that tend to become therapists, people that will probably never understand your problems. Talking to a friend can actually help you (has helped me) but you have to be ready to be vulnerable

therapy helped, i won't lie. but zoloft did all the heavy lifting, at least 80% of it

The problem is it's either pretty good or it's extremely bad depending on the therapist, not much space between imho. If you are mentally ill chances are you get squalched by the system and can't defend yourself / get gaslighted. There is also some moneymaking involved especially in clinics and through time optimization which hurts treatment in general.

been in the system for over 10 years. Complete waste of time and it made my life significantly worse.

@Grotesque had a similar experience.

Never Go To Therapy.

I won't go I think it's bull shit

If you want this thread to form a statistical basis, that is bad science though. Obviously if anyone did have their life greatly improved they would not be on this site but rather be either normies or bluepilled/MGTOW.

Yeah you're right i thought of this too. Just added this answer to cover all possibilities

The concept of therapy seems to be rather unpopular here, many people even consider it a scam, but I was wondering, what are the experiences of people like that actually went through it?
Extra: If your answer is "helped very much", could you eplain what kind of therapy you did specifically and how it helped you?
Therapy is just a way for (((they))) to prescribe you with jew pills which makes them a hell of a lot of money while fucking you up and making you worse.

JFL if you think therapy helps in any significant way. There's no therapy for your face, there's no therapy for your height

Seen so many and not one of them did me any good,complete waste of time