Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Losing interest in things you used to be obsessed with?

A

AutisticBeast

31yo KHV
-
Does this happen to you? I was obsessed with my DVD collection last year and ever since 6 months ago my interest in it disappeared. I haven't even looked at my collection in months, I don't know why my mind works like this, I think it may be the autism.

I usually replace one obsession with another.

Yeah I end up rotating my interests every few years, keeps things fresh. Right now I'm obsessed with a certain loner sport that I'm not going to say in case the glowies are watching :feelstrash:

I used to love studying science (maths and more importantly, physics), even outside of college, I was really passionate about it. Now it feels completely bland, so yes you can lose interest.

I've made a thread about it.

I used to love studying science (maths and more importantly, physics), even outside of college, I was really passionate about it. Now it feels completely bland, so yes you can lose interest.
I also burned out on the stem stuff I used to enjoy doing, like what's the fucking point of it all. I only started doing it becuase it was an indoor hobby for loners trying to compensate.

I also burned out on the stem stuff I used to enjoy doing, like what's the fucking point of it all. I only started doing it becuase it was an indoor hobby for loners trying to compensate.
Exactly, I replaced socializing that I couldn't do with that. Didn't help in the slightest bit in the end.

Exactly, I replaced socializing that I couldn't do with that. Didn't help in the slightest bit in the end.
Ever fall into the electronics black hole? I built so many useless circuits that got tossed in a box afterwards and never touched again.

Ever fall into the electronics black hole? I built so many useless circuits that got tossed in a box afterwards and never touched again.
I was more doing theoretical physics so not exactly. But yeah I had to build some circuits, god I really hated that lol.

Optics too.

And organic chemistry was the biggest hell I think.

Last edited:
Yeah same, i have so many hobbies that i dropped throughout the years and I really thought I would be good at them. :feelsUgh::feelsUgh::feelsUgh:

what's your current obsession ?
Handheld consoles. I bought Vita and 2DS, I hacked both, I set up my phone with ipega gamepad as dedicated emulator device, with the new ps2 emulator 2d games work well. I'm trying to fix my old PSP, I think mobo died.

Handheld consoles. I bought Vita and 2DS, I hacked both, I set up my phone with ipega gamepad as dedicated emulator device, with the new ps2 emulator 2d games work well. I'm trying to fix my old PSP, I think mobo died.
Tbh, unless you want to sell the PSP, don't bother repairing it as the Vita has a mod to emulate PSP called Adrenaline.

Tbh, unless you want to sell the PSP, don't bother repairing it as the Vita has a mod to emulate PSP called Adrenaline.
Yeah and screen is much nicer, ppsspp for Android also run very well, problem is ipegas thumbsticks are horrendous while any good telescopic phone gamepad costs over 100 eur.