Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious I've been using alcohol as a cope for the past 4 nights in a row. I can now see how alcoholism begins...

zekr

zekr

AMOR FATI
★★
For the past 4 nights I have been getting wasted and then passing out in bed. Solo drinking beers and hard seltzers. I can see now how dangerous copes like alcohol can be. I am not someone who ever normally drinks and noticed how quick a tolerance builds up in such a short period of time. :feelsseriously: Today will be the last day of this. Stay safe brocels.

I drink 2 beer (0,5 L) every evening. This is a fair amount I guess/hope.

Good on you for quitting. It can ruin you

I can attest that alcohol cope is INCREDIBLY addicting. Alcohol is genuinely an addictive substance, and not only that but it also fucks up your self control the more you drink, which leads you to drinking more than you originally planned. Honestly I just try to keep it under control the best I can. I doubt I will ever go sober since it is one of my primary copes. If you are able to quit, you should.

For the past 4 nights I have been getting wasted and then passing out in bed. Solo drinking beers and hard seltzers. I can see now how dangerous copes like alcohol can be. I am not someone who ever normally drinks and noticed how quick a tolerance builds up in such a short period of time. :feelsseriously: Today will be the last day of this. Stay safe brocels.
I know this situation too well. Just quit drinking for few weeks from tomorrow on, brocel. Beer is a good cope but you also need days without it

Alcohol especially gets a tight grip on you if you drink from being extra stressed.

So many bad habits in modern life, beat one bad habit another takes it place.

Whack a mole it's called.

I always drink alcohol

That's how it started for me. A couple pints after work every night and then I ended up drinking a half to full fifth of vodka a day for a few months. Now I rarely drink but sometimes I slip up and feel addiction creeping back. Good call on cutting back

I drink 2-3 drinks a night, sometimes 4 on Friday nights. It's whatever. Alcoholism isn't the worst thing to have happened to me, and it won't be the worst before I'm finally free of this prison people call "life". :feelsjuice:

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back