Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Incels.co through the years

Anonymous MG

Anonymous MG

Redeemed
-
As many of you know, this website has existed since November 2017, lasting up until the modern day and going through many many different types of cultural shifts within its lifetime as many other communities tend to do.

I thought it would be interesting to analyze primarily the users of each respective year and take the time to acknowledge what they’ve done and how they uniquely shaped the forum going forward, to do this I will be using three separate categories:

Philosophical - This distribution will be based on the amount of deep and informative content produced within each respective year’s community in the times where they were the most active.

Humorous - This is drawing on how frequent lighthearted and humorous posts are within each respective year’s community in the times where they were the most active.

Postmaxxing Frequency- This is to measure just how many people postmaxxed within each respective year’s community in the times where they were the most active.

Pretty simple right?

Not all of these are good or bad things, it’s entirely subjective for someone to decide if more of any select content is superior over another. Based on this I hope some of you can acknowledge what came before and what it was like.

2017:

P: 9/10

H: 10/10

PF: 3/10

Let’s start off with the original incels.co community, mostly composed of users who had fled Reddit after r/incels got banned (the rest would join r/braincels which was also banned, but at a later date). Being from Reddit and more accustomed to modern humor, old incels.co was composed largely of high IQ incels who would from the medium of incels.co be able to make long and complex philosophical rants or simply decide to be funny through various different methods. This was a frontier-ish time in the community, in which new things were being discovered, discussed, and decided upon such as a few extra words to the incel lingo adapted from the old subreddit. In terms of postmaxxers, the most relevant out of all of them is without question @Ritalincel as a large postmaxxing figure, but on the whole 2017 wasn’t known for postmaxxing because postmaxxing wasn’t necessarily a thing at the time (luminary hadn’t even been made yet). Though small, the community posted quite often with very unique and genuinely interesting posts that you can find being reposted to this very day, unfortunately the activity would gradually die off following the sharp rise in membership from November to December… which is why you can’t find very many OG Decembercels.

2018:

P: 10/10

H: 8/10

PF: 5/10

Onto 2018, my home year and a year of very little to miniscule change, the only significant change I’d have to note from this entire year was the addition of the incels.co chat (fun fact: chat was open to guests for the first hour marking the only time guests could communicate with registered users on the site’s history).

2018 was the spiritual successor to 2017 in almost every single way, the content was still fresh and a lot of the community was composed of 2017cels still (especially from November) well, until… May occured.

You see, May 2018cels were what I’d estimate to be the most hated faction that has ever existed on this entire website’s history (with 2020 graycels being the close 2nd spot), and this was due to the flood of media attention coming from the Alek Minassian van attack and the spotlight it shown into the world of incels.co for normies. Maycels were known for their low comparative quality posts, and a significant portion of original Maycels were in fact banned within a short time frame. This entire fiasco caused the original 2017cel community to adopt the term “OGcels” as a title, which was carried on so well that it meant absolutely everything to have joined earlier than another user (which has admittedly died down significantly since then), if you didn’t join before May of 2018 you were often considered a low quality user.

Other than that, it was a great year for high effort posters (even following May), there were frequent philosophical posts being made every single day you’d visit the forum in both categories of the website. The humor from 2017 was still there, though a little less glamorous than it initially was, but admittedly it was still there. In this year was when the concept of “postmaxxing” was first widely accepted by everyone… although still not too widely practiced with only a select few users attempting to postmaxx, @Ritalincel as mentioned before was the most significant as they had single-handedly forced the mod’s hand in creating the Luminary rank and later Paragon. The other notable postmaxxer is @Mainländer , who is pretty well known though significantly less active nowadays.

2019:

P: 4/10

H: 10/10

PF: 10/10

What I’d call “the year of the postmaxx”, 2019 is home to many different postmaxxers (though not much of a home for high effort posting), in this year @Cuyen made his big rise as the #1 postmaxxer on this entire website and many MANY other postmaxxers rose. As of right now, if you look in the “most posts section” you’ll see a decent amount of 2018 and 2017cels sure, but 2019cels reign dominant in the list pushing out earlier users. “Low effort humor” swept the scene, instead of a gimmick for a few users such as @Ritalincel , most every single user engaged in some form of low effort at the time when it came to humor. Though not necessarily too sophisticated, it was in fact funny. One thing that happened is that you would see significantly less high effort as a result of the other 2 factors reigning over the entire forum.

This was the first time incels.co had the landscape shift dramatically rather than gradually change.

2020:

P: 1/10

H: 5/10

PF: 10/10

As with everything, things can be stale if done too much and that’s the case for incels.co humor in 2020 with the lack of innovation in jokes. Postmaxxing has at this point become the baseline standard for the entire forum, the post count being as valuable as the join date used to be in the days of 2018. As a consequence, most posters decide to make short posts consisting of roughly several words or nothing at all with just a reply to someone they agree with. As for high effort, it’s almost completely dead with nobody to hold it up, most “high effort” posts produced at this time are from low IQ posters who post out what basically amounts to word vomit often regurgitating either bluepilled garbage or poorly regurgitated information from older posts.

In the same way Maycels were the scourge of the forum, incels.co users are coming after graycels due to their poor behavior and awful ineptitude at digesting information… though I would really blame that on the lack of intelligent and well-made content on the forum.

With little other than postmaxxing and bluepilled users, this is the equivalent of an intellectual dark age for the site though growth seems to remain large. We can only hope that we, the longtime users of .co, can respect this website enough to encourage its growth and foster a bond between each other as the original posters had in the beginning, we are the ones who can improve the quality of the forum and by extension the newer users.

Here is your first reply.

fun fact: chat was open to guests for the first hour marking the only time guests could communicate with registered users on the site’s history

Can we have something like this again? It would be interesting.. obviously not the normal chat because it would get flooded and trolled but something similar. There can even be a survey where we ask "Why are you visiting?" And they can choose curious normal person, blackpilled normal person, incel lurker, ect.

IMO early to mid 2018 was the most enjoyable, i wasnt here during 2017 so i cant comment on that
2020 is easily the worst along with late 2019

Last edited:
what have I become, my sweetest friend.

Damn great thread man must’ve taken forever to write

I’m a 2020cel so I don’t know

Wish I joined sooner, seems like it was more fun in the past

good post bro

tfw you will never experience early 2018 again

I think you are missing the elephant in the room, which is our eternal struggle with IT, which peaked in terms of conflict around that same 2018 glory year. At least we are still standing in 2020.

Good post, read most parts.
I wasn't here in 2018 or 2017 so can't say how great it was before
Damn great thread man must’ve taken forever to write

I miss the old layout this new one sucks it´s like it´s zoomed out 80% when reading posts and on the main page it´s like it´s zoomed out 50% I mean it´s so incredibly small I don´t get why it was changed that way.

Have you been around this whole time? I remember the old days, it was really chaotic with a lot of people not actually being incels posting, a lot of normies would hang out here

Either all of the posts are too short or too long

I went through lots of 2018/early 2019 threads and the community just seems better than now. I wish that all the prolific users during that time weren’t banned.
I'm a 2019 cel but I lurked for a few months

keep coping you’re basically a 2020cel

I don't think its fair to rank .co by years because a lot of things can happen. It should be ranked more like seasons.
We had our ups and downs on .co, that's what makes it autistically magical and special.
Of course the rule of thumb is that greycels get banned early and are considered "newbies"

But so far April 2020 has been good so far with the collapse of IT and interesting users as well as the resurgence of dead greycels from 2017.

In general, Incels.co is still evolving, we haven't reached our full potential yet

what have I become, my sweetest friend.
21533.jpg

I would give a higher score for postmaxxing early on. Gambler himself basically posted every waking hour of his life.

Interesting read. Unlike most people, I joined my first day finding the website and didnt really do any lurking. So I’m probably newer than a few 2020cels in terms of actively following events here. I joined like right as the postmaxxing era started so it’s all I’ve ever really known. Curious what it was like before that

TL;DR: the forum sucks right now

I don't think its fair to rank .co by years because a lot of things can happen. It should be ranked more like seasons.
We had our ups and downs on .co, that's what makes it autistically magical and special.
Of course the rule of thumb is that greycels get banned early and are considered "newbies"

But so far April 2020 has been good so far with the collapse of IT and interesting users as well as the resurgence of dead greycels from 2017.

In general, Incels.co is still evolving, we haven't reached our full potential yet

Based hopefulcel. There is still a future for this place...

You can still use the old one, just use the classic styles. I still use classic dark banana
No I am not talking about the banana layout but the standard white layout we start out with I don´t know if you can see how small the text is in this picture below but it´s really small. And it got small after the last one or two updates ago and I don´t know why you would make it smaller.

I thought gambler and Kointo were postmaxxin before Ritalin

I try to spread the blackpill (even if it wasn't know by this name) since the early '00s, suck my dick.

It was only a matter of time before the content became stale. Every incel-related subject has been beaten to death by now. The same topics are being rehashed over and over again and those of us who have been around the block a few times (going back to the PUAhate/Sluthate days for some of us, and in my case all the way back to the original MGTOW message boards from the early-2000s) have seen and said it all by now. I'm pretty worn out from it all (have been for years) and don't think the reward/effort ratio is worth doing anything more than occasional shitposting and venting.

Cross-posting from Wizchan which is going through a similar phase:

Unlike other anons, I don't think this place ever gets public. I think it'll just die slowly. The userbase isn't growing, it seems like it's the same people who browsed it in 2014 and we're all older. When you get old, you don't have much to say (at least in my experience). You rarely want to say something, but even if you wanted to, there's simply nothing else to say. I have talked about everything in a lot of threads over the years. Feels like every conversation it's pointless, like we're not even communicating.
Honestly, the internet sucks.

Last edited:
You forgot how much of an epitomal figure 5’4Manlet was among the maycels before his unceremonious passing.

God I miss Fontaine, he was truly one of a kind. He lent so much credence to the blackpill in a way no one else could, a true artist. The mods threw this place to the dogs when they banned him.

every 2020 member is postmaxxing jfl

Its over for 2020graycels :feelsrope:

i mean offtopic has always been a bit of a dumping ground for them, its supposed to be the compromise so they dont spam here. it's the compromise since trying to ban them all is impossible and because they almost always develop retarded cults around them you get uses whinging incessantly if you ban them
Just lay down the law tbh.

Is there any reason the mods seem to be doing nothing and ignoring reports/meta threads?
Maybe they are not incels anymore. Maybe this site is just made by govt so they have control over who is dangerous to the soyciety. Fuck you govt agents:woke:

Philosophical - This distribution will be based on the amount of deep and informative content produced within each respective year’s community in the times where they were the most active.
I think there is a long way to incels being able to call themselves philosophical. Philosophers seek questions, incels seek answers.

So me being a maycel AND a graycel makes me most disliked

IMO early to mid 2018 was the most enjoyable, i wasnt here during 2017 so i cant comment on that
2020 is easily the worst along with late 2019

It only gets worse as time goes on.

Without it people would get angry and decide to rebel against the NWO. Plus this amount of degeneracy wouldn't be so prelevant as now.

Last edited:
It was only a matter of time before the content became stale. Every incel-related subject has been beaten to death by now. The same topics are being rehashed over and over again and those of us who have been around the block a few times (going back to the PUAhate/Sluthate days for some of us, and in my case all the way back to the original MGTOW message boards from the early-2000s) have seen and said it all by now. I'm pretty worn out from it all (have been for years) and don't think the reward/effort ratio is worth doing anything more than occasional shitposting and venting.

Cross-posting from Wizchan which is going through a similar phase:
The issue is that we have already worked through the theoretical stages of debate within this "movement". We know face and height play significant, outsized roles in both sexual selection and human social hierarchies. Now we need to pursue strategies to change these things. We need to transition to a vehicle for irl political change, much like 4chan's /pol/ did. There may not be much left to talk about, but there is a whole lot to do outside of our forums.