Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Soy In 1998 a surgeon and a senator no one remembers helped make it easier for foids with breast cancer to get a boob job.

what is happening

what is happening

Volbanned
-
This is the law they helped get passed:

The U.S. Women's Health and Cancer Rights Act, also known as Janet's Law, signed into law on October 21, 1998, contains protections for patients who elect breast reconstruction in connection with a mastectomy. This law, which is administered by the Department of Labor and Health and Human Services, states that group health plans, insurance companies and health maintenance organizations (HMOs) must provide coverage for reconstructive surgery after mastectomy for breast cancer and prohibited "drive through" mastectomies, where breast cancer patient's hospital stays were limited by their carriers. The required coverage includes all stages of reconstruction of the breast on which the mastectomy was performed, surgery and reconstruction of the other breast to produce a symmetrical appearance, prostheses and treatment of physical complications of the mastectomy, including lymphedema.

Biggest soyboys of the year?

Better known today as a film producer.

Dr. Wider, a plastic surgeon at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital in New York, NY, became active in advocacy when he realized breast reconstruction was considered cosmetic surgery and therefore not covered by a patient’s insurance. “First of all, it’s not a cosmetic operation, and in this case, we can’t even close the wound primarily, so I have to bring tissue in,” Dr. Wider once told a medical director at an insurance company. “He suggested I perform a skin graft. I answered, ‘That might have been okay in 1935, but not in 1998.’ I told him that it was medieval, and I wouldn’t do that. He answered that the insurance company would not pay for a transverse rectus abdominal muscle [TRAM] flap […], but I was not going to lie down and accept this.”

While Dr. Wider was accustomed to having discussions with insurance companies about reimbursement, this case involving Janet Franquet, a young nurse with aggressive inflammatory breast cancer, was particularly memorable. When the patient’s insurance company refused to cover breast reconstruction with a TRAM flap after a radical mastectomy, arguing that it was a purely cosmetic operation, Dr. Wider was outraged and performed the reconstructive procedure for free.:soy: This experience served as a catalyst for his interest in patient advocacy and social justice in general.

Dr. Wider’s next course of action was to reach out to various lawmakers, including Sen. Alfonse D’Amato (R-NY), who gave press conferences and speeches to raise public awareness regarding proper insurance coverage for breast reconstruction before presenting this issue to the U.S. Senate. A bill was eventually passed in both houses and President Bill Clinton signed the Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act in 1998. The law mandates that health plans offering mastectomy coverage also have to cover reconstructive options as well as complications that may arise from the operation.“It was a very rewarding experience to advocate for your patient and have a real impact[….] I was bitten by the social advocacy bug because I thought I could actually have an impact on the society we live in, and that led to my film career,” said Dr. Wider, who is also a nationally acclaimed filmmaker of documentaries on social justice issues. He advises surgeons interested in advocacy to follow their moral compass. “My advice is to never lose sight of one’s own integrity. Practice with integrity. You always know in your heart what the right thing to do is—always.”

The free boob job Dr. Wider gave didn't seem to have helped. Janet Franquet died on May 3, 1999.

The main Senator pushing for it lost the 1998 election that took place the month after the bill was signed into law.

Under "Women's Health Cancer Rights Act of 1998" seems to be the speech he gave right before the president signed it.

There's been a lot of health issues with women getting breast implants.

There's some new illess called "breast implant flu" or something where after many years of having them they start getting unknown illnesses, that dont go away until the implants are taken out.

If they can take gender into account for car insurance, then they should be able to do so for health insurance also.

And yet mandatory HGH injections for manlets in their teens is still not even on the table. Ridiculous

I remember 1998, I am turning into an oldcel

Cool, only if they give men free DICK JOB to make it bigger.

And yet mandatory HGH injections for manlets in their teens is still not even on the table. Ridiculous
thye let 12 yearild get transgender surgery. but won't let manlets get HGH nad test jfl

Fucking cucks i hope they have a painful death

If they can take gender into account for car insurance, then they should be able to do so for health insurance also.
No, because car insurance rates for women are cheaper. As long as it benefits women, it’s fine for it not to be equal. Equality only matters when it doesn’t benefit women.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back