Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I'm replaying this game from my childhood

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
RYMN3.jpg

Maybe some zoomercels will remember it, it was the last classic Rayman game before the rabbits ruined the franchise. It has aged really well tbh, the graphics still hold and the game is a nice platform/action game with edgy jokes I didn't get when I was a kid, but now yes kek. I remember when I was 7 I never passed the 5th level because I was scared of the enemies and I didn't know how to dodge them because they were invincible. Those goddamn Knaarens kek. Many years later when I was 13 and still had the CD I finally completed it. I pirated it now because my PC doesn't have disc tray and the game is only available in GOG, and fuck having multiple launchers. Steam for life kek.

This is the rayman of my childhood.
51ah%2BeKF%2BhL._AC_.jpg

The devs didn't play test it properly so it ended up being brutally difficult in the mid-late game, so much so that even an adult could struggle a lot to pass it.
by the way you describe the game, rayman 3 sounds like fun too

The intro song was so iconic.

I played with a Rayman game around the millenium, don't remember which one it was.

cope we must or we rope when hope eloped.

Oh yeah I remember it. Loved the aesthetic. Felt to short and tgevworld had this empty dreamy melancholic feeling though.
51ah%2BeKF%2BhL._AC_.jpg

The devs didn't play test it properly so it ended up being brutally difficult in the mid-late game, so much so that even an adult could struggle a lot to pass it.
Really? I had no problem tbh.

Kinda want t play both now. Tx fir posting zotally forgot these.

Last edited:
Oh yeah I remember it. Loved the aesthetic. Felt to short and tgevworld had this empty dreamy melancholic feeling though.

Kinda want t play both now. Tx fir posting zotally forgot these.
I never played Rayman 1 but I had Rayman 2 (well the DS remake) too. I never completed it because I never passed the cave of bad dreams, in part due to the shitty DS controls kek. The atmosphere of Rayman 2 was really dark and gloomy with the almost empty levels (you could spend minutes without encountering enemies) and the abandoned places/everglades levels.

You had problems but it was such a traumatic experience that your brain erased those memories. It's an objectively difficult game. Early levels were mostly easy, but in one moment, random and suddent events start to happen, you have to jump distances with moving platforms that are so small the sprite looks like it's stepping on the air... It's just a brutal game.

Did you beat the game?

You had problems but it was such a traumatic experience that your brain erased those memories. It's an objectively difficult game. Early levels were mostly easy, but in one moment, random and suddent events start to happen, you have to jump distances with moving platforms that are so small the sprite looks like it's stepping on the air... It's just a brutal game.

Did you beat the game?
Hmmm. Idk. I don't recognize a lot tbh. I defineteky got to the pink turquoise rubber platforms (?). Over for memorycels. Ye these clouds etc. where tricky ngl.

51ah%2BeKF%2BhL._AC_.jpg

I got through this somehow as a kid, but can't get far at all nowadays.

Fuck those goddamn rabbits and fuck Ubisoft for killing Rayman

I only played two Raymans and then played the rabbit ones

RYMN3.jpg

Maybe some zoomercels will remember it, it was the last classic Rayman game before the rabbits ruined the franchise. It has aged really well tbh, the graphics still hold and the game is a nice platform/action game with edgy jokes I didn't get when I was a kid, but now yes kek. I remember when I was 7 I never passed the 5th level because I was scared of the enemies and I didn't know how to dodge them because they were invincible. Those goddamn Knaarens kek. Many years later when I was 13 and still had the CD I finally completed it. I pirated it now because my PC doesn't have disc tray and the game is only available in GOG, and fuck having multiple launchers. Steam for life kek.
Childhood games are awesome and the best

I replayed my fav childhood game and holy god it’s awful

The rayman games i played was legends and origins

The rayman games i played was legends and origins
I never played those tbh but I remember they were very praised because of the graphics and because they recovered the classic 2D Rayman gameplay. Maybe someday I'll play them.

I never played those tbh but I remember they were very praised because of the graphics and because they recovered the classic 2D Rayman gameplay. Maybe someday I'll play them.
They were pretty good tbhngldedsrs