Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL "If You Don't Thank People Online, Things Can Go Crazy" – Soyboy-Esque News Journalist Makes Article on Internet Etiquette, Calls Out @FrothySolutions

lonelysince2006

lonelysince2006

Spiritually 38

View: https://medium.com/non-monetized-together/if-you-dont-thank-people-online-things-can-go-crazy-here-s-an-example-369c1a9611db

Author in question:
1 steOKa4QbiWBJtq Q9s6VQ

Recently a user known as FrothySolutions made a Reddit post asking for advice on finding a career without skills, money, or education at age 50. It got an overwhelmingly negative response because the poster turned down a lot of advice that was given. Some users openly wished that the poster would go homeless.
Yet at one point, the poster mentions that a few of the responses they received were useful. And if you look at the comments that they didn’t respond to, you’ll notice that compared to the other comments, these ones are a lot more useful and relevant for someone in the poster’s situation.

From this, I can collect that part of the reason that FrothySolutions came off so difficult was that they didn’t send “thank you” responses to the responses that were useful. Yet this seems to be pretty much unacknowledged by the commenters. Everybody’s talking about how they made comments that dismissed the advice, but people aren’t talking about their lack of response to the helpful comments.
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with politely explaining why someone’s advice doesn’t solve the situation. Instead of discouraging those responses, I think a better takeaway from this situation is that FrothySolutions should thank others when they provide an answer that is supportive.
:feelskek::feelskek::feelskek: FrothySolutions out of all people.

Mr. Solutions, you must say thank you more often!

Take the @hierophant mannerspill, you inkwell!

Nigga, it's the internet

It's 2024 and journalists "research" news articles by scrolling reddit.

Feels like they missed a trick

They should have written an article on these posts of his instead jfl:

Instead they chose a fairly humdrum one

If he thinks Frothy of all people is too nasty, he should see what the other users on this forum are like and come for a clubbing:feelsbaton::feelsbaton::feelsbaton::feelshmm::feelshmm:.

If he thinks Frothy of all people is too nasty, he should see what the other users on this forum are like and come for a clubbing:feelsbaton::feelsbaton::feelsbaton::feelshmm::feelshmm:.
tbf frothy is passive-aggressive to incels here as well, so maybe the article writerfag is right

Feels like they missed a trick

They should have written an article on these posts of his instead jfl:

Instead they chose a fairly humdrum one

What people am I interested in? I guess the best way I know how to describe them is... uh, sexy Internet people.
Sexy Internet people, thirst traps, these are my interests.
:dafuckfeels:

The second Reddit thread you linked was kind of lifefuel, makes me want to try harder at things, finish university and then maybe blow my brains out, get friends, find people to party with... Maybe Frothy'll appreciate that and try to live vicariously through me? I don't know, it could be lifefuel for him. I want to see what these college parties really are. I haven't even gone to prom yet. I need to do something there. I don't know, anything. I want the last years of my youth to be good, whatever "youth" means. People say you're still young in your late twenties, or they say I'm a kid despite me being an adult. It's like mass psychogenic coping mechanism...

And it seems like Frothy didn't find any male friends either in college, which is more brutal than not having a girlfriend; the camaraderie and brotherhood I see with my friends on this site is something that I want to emulate in real life, but people just don't want to be my friend. I have no idea. Maybe I'm just not interesting enough or annoying, maybe I'm the "weird kid" or "ugly kid" (thankfully, no one has pointed that out)... I want the kind of casual banter all those "normies" have, all the conversations, jokes... I don't know. It's different in real life talking to people. I find it gives me a fucking dopamine boost whenever I talk to someone, like some reclusive hermit or survivor from a deserted island finding human civilization and interacting with his fellow homos (homo sapiens) once again. The best way to describe myself is an isolated or repressed extrovert; I am in no way a fucking love-shy; I'm not shy of love or loving or talking to people or making friends or having sex, I literally cannot fucking manage to find a friend to save my life. And I can talk for hours and hours if I did find a person to have a damn conversation with.

I couldn't read the last two paragraphs. Fuck this gay Earth. Fuck it for depriving this man of friends and robbing him of his youth. I give zero fucks if all women avoided me, or I died alone, I just want a goddamn friend. I was probably a serial killer in a past life. That's the only way to rationalize this. I've only earned the scorn and torment of people for being perceived as weak and a target to pick on for their sadistic pleasure. I remember I heard a dude had a heart attack and died on his couch... Nobody came for him. Eventually, the electricity people came to his door because his TV was on for weeks and he hadn't paid his bills. This guy was decomposing, all alone in his room, and noone was there for him; he was totally alone in this world. I don't want to fucking rot away like that, I'm gonna go by my own hand.

tbf frothy is passive-aggressive to incels here as well, so maybe the article writerfag is right
How? He's the nicest people on this forum and never insults people. Usually, people here lose their cool over some small joke or something or just straight up attack people with "faggot," "cuck," "gay," or whatever else because they disagree with their opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back