Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion IDEA: GrAYcel playground

Dungcel

Dungcel

It's easier to talk to my PC
So, I was thinking back to an old game I used to play when I was a kid (LatAmcels may be familiar with Argentum Online, it's still around I think), and I remembered an interesting mechanic it had:

Every new character was thrown in a place called the Newbie Dungeon, where you basically had to kill chickens and wolves until you reached a certain level and got kicked out into the world. This place was meant for new players to learn the basic mechanics of the game, and to discourage smurfing/creation of troll accounts.

So, what if there existed a separate sub-forum for graycels only, where new users could post and discuss between them, perhaps with softer moderation, before gaining full access to the forum?

There's many pros to this idea:

• It discourages low effort and spam, since it teaches new users that a certain amount of care is required to participate.

• It prevents/discourages infiltrators, since they can't immediately access the community for their j0ocY r3dDit content, and allows mods to catch them earlier.

• It allows mods to catch alts of banned users earlier, since it's easier to recognise a user's personality in a smaller, controlled environment.

On the downside, it does make the forum less accessible to new users, but I think the pros outweigh that.

Joined May 22, 2018 Posts 785 Online 16h 21m
You are an honorary GrAYcel mang

Joined May 22, 2018 Posts 785 Online 16h 21m
You are an honorary GrAYcel mang
Maybe you're right, I still think it's a good idea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

True but why have you barley been on?
In 2018 when I made the account I didn't really have anything else to do, no job, no career. Mostly I lurked around on and off, I don't really like posting much when I don't have anything to say, then I started working and studying and most of my time went into that, and the forum was making me really depressed, ngl. I've stumbled onto a bit of free time now, so I thought of logging back in here.

I do see your point, but then it would basically move people in our rank in place of GrAYs.