Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious I Have Many of the Early Signs of Schizophrenia in Adolescence; How Do I Confront the Possibility My Mind is Rapidly Decaying?

Zer0/∞

Zer0/∞

Incelius Savage is The Godfather of Inceldom
★★★★★
I have recently been having the same panic attacks, uncontrollable crying, and insomnia as my mother a decade ago just before she first exhibited signs of schizophrenia.
Threads you can read to better understand my condition:

My insomnia has been so bad recently, I just developed a horrible cold after this Monday night where I was just able to sleep one hour because I was unable to calm myself and rest properly.

I understand that I am still young at 17, so you may think I'm overreacting, but this has been too unnerving a prospect for me to confront: there is a high possibility that in less than 5-7 years, I too will develop this same mental illness as did my mother over a decade ago.
Screenshot75

There will be no hope for me in the instance this happens: a severely mentally ill, ugly, shitskin, poor, short (5'5) currycel has zero odds in this world of ever living a fulfilled life and escaping the conditions of his birth.

Symptoms in teens can come on gradually over days, weeks, several months or more. This is called the prodromal period. The early symptoms of schizophrenia can sometimes look like those of other problems such as anxiety or depression.
I just got officially diagnosed with both just two months ago: I have horrible insomnia, issues with my head regularly blanking out, severe panic attacks, feeling of being overwhelmed that I am left bedridden, and this summer, I was uncontrollably crying every day and getting so stressed, I had issues with my appetite.

Changes in Thinking​

• Lack of concentration or being able to follow a train of thought :yes:
  • Seeing or hearing things that aren't real (hallucinations) :no:
  • Confusing TV and dreams with reality :no:
  • Strange ideas that may not make sense (for example, thinking that parents are stealing things or that an evil spirit possesses them) :no:
  • Paranoia -- thinking that people are after them or talking about them :yes:
  • Dwelling unreasonably on the past :yes:

Changes in Emotions​

• Being extremely moody or irritable :yes:
  • Angry outbursts :no:
  • Severe fearfulness or anxiety :yes:

Changes in Behavior​

• Unblinking, vacant expression :yes:
  • Awkward or unusual movements of the face or body :no:
  • Talking to themselves, using odd speech that you can't understand, or making rapid shifts in topics :yes:
  • Inappropriate responses, such as laughing during a sad movie :yes: (I have a issue where I uncontrollably smile in these instances.)
  • Trouble "reading" social cues in others :yes:
  • Problems making and keeping friends :yes:
  • Becoming more and more isolated :yes:
  • Poor personal grooming and self-care :yes:
  • Substance abuse :no:
  • Threatening behaviors :no:

When to Call a Doctor​

If you notice symptoms like these, your teen needs to be checked by a doctor right away. That's especially true if anyone on either side of their family has had schizophrenia.
My mother is a diagnosed, severe schizophrenic who has gotten into public fights, arrested and sent to the mental ward on multiple occasions, and since mental illness is too taboo of a topic in Bangladesh where many people still believe in the Islamic belief of jinns controlling people so I have zero clue of my true family history on my mother's side.

I have already developed 14/21, 2/3rds of these symptoms just these past 2-3 years. :fuk:

Last edited:
It's anxiety.

I'm very sorry to hear that
See a psychiatrist, no one here can help you

doesnt matter as long you impregnate a foid with better genes than yours.

I also have a panic disorder and have the same symptoms.
Idk the heritability of schizo. but the more likely case is that you're just severely anxious.
I've talked to my shrink about how I'm scared of being schizo and his response was also that I'm anxious.

Idk the heritability of schizo. but the more likely case is that you're just severely anxious.
I've talked to my shrink about how I'm scared of being schizo and his response was also that I'm anxious.
It's just that I have the same exact early symptoms as my mother with uncontrollable crying, insomnia, being bedridden for an entire day, and panic attacks before she got diagnosed.

It's just that I have the same exact early symptoms as my mother with uncontrollable crying, insomnia, being bedridden for an entire day, and panic attacks before she got diagnosed.
It's depression.

It's depression.
I already got diagnosed with both a couple of months ago; you don't have to tell me what I already know.

It's just that have many of the early symptoms, 2/3rds of them listed here, when I'm only 17 and have a risk of inheriting the illness from my mother.

I already got diagnosed with both a couple of months ago; you don't have to tell me what I already know.
Do any pills alleviate the symptoms? Like, if an SSRI improves your panic disorder then it can't be schizo. related, right?

It's just that have many of the early symptoms, 2/3rds of them listed here, when I'm only 17 and have a risk of inheriting the illness from my mother.
Unless you have delusions/hallucinations/imaginary friends who you talk to out loud you're probably alright.

Do any pills alleviate the symptoms? Like, if an SSRI improves your panic disorder then it can't be schizo. related, right?
It says early symptoms; of course, I don't have it now.
I'm saying I have a very high risk of developing it in the next 5-7 years.

You need plan out ways and deal with as much of this ahead of time. You can't it let it consume you. @To koniec any tips for OP?

I'm told that you prevent degenerative brain issues though blood to the brain. Not the "standing on your head" way, but through exercise and the like. Get the blood flowing, get blood flowing to the brain.

Yeah, it's obvious I also have Schizophrenia, I had a childhood of battling voices in my heard to carry out acts of violence, but I come from an Immigrant family that believes Mental Health is Taboo. Retarded shit-skin culture I guess. :feelsautistic:

Have you tried to remedy your insomnia?
Can you find melatonin (be careful not to become reliant or abusive towards these substances)? Do you practice good sleep hygiene?

Schizophrenia is pretty inheritable though. You have a 10% chance of having it if 1 of your parents has it and a 40% chance of having it if both parents have it. Of course OP could not have it but because of his mother he should look into it.

Have you tried to remedy your insomnia?
Can you find melatonin (be careful not to become reliant or abusive towards these substances)? Do you practice good sleep hygiene?
Melatonin won't help me: I have this issue where I get this sensation I am about to suffocate whenever I try to rest.
I've tried improving sleep habits but they don't work,

Schizophrenia is pretty inheritable though. You have a 10% chance of having it if 1 of your parents has it and a 40% chance of having it if both parents have it. Of course OP could not have it but because of his mother he should look into it.
Thank you for being the only person that understands my predicament ITT.

I fear that I may develop schizophrenia because I am having her same early symptoms and nearing my late teens, around the average age for schizophrenia in men.

Thank you for being the only person that understands my predicament ITT.

I fear that I may develop schizophrenia because I am having her same early symptoms and nearing my late teens, around the average age for schizophrenia in men.
Honestly I think that its something you should jump on sooner than later. Schizophrenia left untreated can get really bad but if you start managing it before a certain point you could be fine and live a decent life. I wish I could give more advice but I'm not an expert or anything, I've just read about schizophrenia before.

Continue self diagnosing if you really wanna lose your mind, this is how it starts. Stop reading bullshit symptoms on Google, focus on getting better sleep and eat well nigga

Here, take a look at this and see if any treatment might work for you:

Go see a therapist

Continue self diagnosing if you really wanna lose your mind, this is how it starts. Stop reading bullshit symptoms on Google, focus on getting better sleep and eat well nigga
Seriously, do people here ever properly read the threads before posting their responses? @SlutLiberationFront

My mother has schizophrenia and I have been having her same symptoms I saw in her growing up before she had her first schizophrenic episodes.

I have inherited almost every mental illness from my mother: just this year and last, both me and my younger brother have been diagnosed for panic attacks, depression, and anxiety. This is why I fear that I too will inherit schizophrenia.

My brother has reported hearing voices in his head when he was with the therapist and I have experienced audio hallucinations before.

What I listed is the true reason why I am paranoid about this possibility.

Last edited:
Seriously, do people here ever properly read the threads before posting their responses? @SlutLiberationFront

My mother has schizophrenia and I have been having her same symptoms I saw in her growing up before she showed her first schizophrenic episodes.

I have inherited almost every mental illness from my mother: just this year and last, both me and my younger brother have been diagnosed for panic attacks, depression, and anxiety. This is why I fear that I too will inherit schizophrenia.

My brother has reported hearing voices when he was with the therapist and I have experienced audio hallucinations before.

What I listed is the true reason why I am paranoid about this possibility.
This sounds serious see a doctor and get what you need. Godspeed

No, they don't, just check any of my very serious threads.

I hear you mean, I live with schizophrenic as well. I can't believe I was dealt with such bad cards regarding mental health, I have so many problems it would be pretty much impossible for me to know ever where to start. I know your pain. Schizophrenia is hell and made my life extremely miserable. Sometimes I don't know what I am doing, or I am impulsive and do something I shouldn't, and sometimes I don't even know when it is or if I am actually awake. Sometimes I can't even feel like a human, I keep asking if the same thing I see is the same species as me.

Sorry, I have no tips. I've been less active these last days because I am too fucking depressed to do anything, had a lot of near mental breakdowns, crying crisis where tears won't come out, staring at nothing, thinking about all I could have lived, all my life could have been or could be if I was another person, of if I was in another reality. I am seriously too much, way too much, at the verge of roping. There is nothing in this life for me, there's nothing I strive for as I can't do anything, so why should I even insist in anything? I have not touched my written works for months and months now, I'm simply incapable of anythin at the moment.

I deeply wish I could just sleep and wake up as someone different, or in a better reality where nothing bad exists. I don't know how I am still here, I really don't know, because everything is so arbitrarily abstract some times, like doing the simplest things, or visualing the simplest concepts, like being fulfilled.

Taking a quick visit now to respond to this and I'll go back to stare at nothing or just keep walking from side to side in my room or house. I've been here for so long, so miserable, that I already feel I am part of the foundations of the house. Yesterday I had a day out with my mother to eat, should be a fun time considering, but the night ended with severe ropefuels. I will make a thread about it when I can. I am not in condition of doing anything at the moment. I feel like I am crying all the time, completely dead, but my eyes release no tears and I am still in reality, I am still alive in this miserable universe I don't belong to and wish I never got to be part of.

As someone with actual schizophrenia I don't recommend seeking treatment. The medications will make you fat as fuck, its happened to me and will happen to you. It will ruin your life.

If you've never had a psychosis then you probably don't have schizophrenia. You probably just have anxiety/depression.

I feel bad if you do get it OP. My dad has it and he's had a hard life because of it. Been homeless several times. It breaks my heart. Fortunately, he found someone at 56 and he's happy finally. You can live a normalish life if you start to treat it early enough. He didn't and so his symptoms slowly worsened through the years. If you hear voices or start feeling extremely paranoid get that shit treated

If you've never had a psychosis then you probably don't have schizophrenia. You probably just have anxiety/depression.
Both my younger brother and mother have had psychosis; my brother reported hearing voices and suicidal thoughts this year and my mother is a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic.

I have had audio hallucinations happen to me before and already got diagnosed for both anxiety and depression this young: I am mentally declining too quickly and fear that I may inherit the illness from my mother in the future.

Both my younger brother and mother have had psychosis; my brother reported hearing voices and suicidal thoughts this year and my mother is a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic.

I have had audio hallucinations happen to me before and already got diagnosed for both anxiety and depression this young: I am mentally declining too quickly and fear that I may inherit the illness from my mother in the future.
None of this means you have schizophrenia. It's kind of a loose diagnosis anyways, it's not like you give a blood sample and it comes back positive for schizophrenia. If you're not having psychosis then you definitely don't have what schizophrenics have.

None of this means you have schizophrenia. It's kind of a loose diagnosis anyways, it's not like you give a blood sample and it comes back positive for schizophrenia. If you're not having psychosis then you definitely don't have what schizophrenics have.
I’m not saying I have it, just that I have a risk of developing it.

Write an operating system. Code G*d's temple.

Tdavis

I'm really sorry man. It makes sense because firstborn sons tend to be more alike their mothers, both in physical appearance and with mental traits. Try not to rely on therapists, psychologists and meds as much as you can. Exercise, eat well, take vitamin supplements and try out melatonin if you're desperate for sleep. People underestimate the power of natural remedies and focusing on the health of your body.

I developed it at 11.