Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel I hate programming

janoycresva

janoycresva

hey
-
I'm pretty good in math but man, even the basics of Python are just so boring and annoying to learn. How could anybody find this fun? Any tips for low IQ STEMcel, srs. The only reason I'm majoring in CS/Math is to get a job.

Programming is just a skill. Its not the end itself but a means to an end. Find a project that you really want to do and then work towards that goal

I hated it until I got past the basics. Now it's a decent cope but I'm past 25 so I'm to old to become a good dev. I'm not even a dev yet since I'm a joke, but if you're young and have above an average IQ I recommend that you keep trying to make it in one of the few incel careers.

Programming is just a skill. Its not the end itself but a means to an end. Find a project that you really want to do and then work towards that goal
I can't imagine doing anything fun that involves sitting at my computer and typing code, my head hurts just thinking about it.

its for masochists
the fun shit comes from sitting on your ass for 6 hours trying to figure out why something isnt compiling, only to realize you left in a comment or some shit

It's fun because it allows your creativity to shine. Through your studies and career you'll find many programming languages that you dislike. Programming is a concept, it's not about languages. My tip: learn the basics of programming. Once you get these you'll find pretty much all languages easy to learn. Objects, classes, functions, templates are pretty much the same in most programming languages. GL

Last edited:
I can't imagine doing anything fun that involves sitting at my computer and typing code, my head hurts just thinking about it.
Tbh you should drop the CS major and focus on math if you dont want to program a lot. You will probably have to make practice projects later and lots of other stuff. Is it applied math?

I'm pretty good in math but man, even the basics of Python are just so boring and annoying to learn. How could anybody find this fun? Any tips for low IQ STEMcel, srs. The only reason I'm majoring in CS/Math is to get a job.

>good at math

>low IQ

I'm high IQ and i had to drop out of highschool math.

I should've learned to program lmao. i already spent 3/4 of my life on the computer, people who get to have all the fun on the internet hacking games and stuff are programmers. I could never figure out out how to spam imageboards or steal GETs

don’t major in CS it’s the next business degree. Most universities and colleges have lowered the standards so much that any roastie can get a degree by finding a bluepilled pajeet to do all of her C assignments. If you hate coding in Python then you wont last in a low level language so you should probably change majors.

If you are good at math go into economics or actuarial science instead. Don’t expect to get a good job in a CS field with a degree it’s highly competitive you would need a few side projects that you would have to do on your free time.

Tbh you should drop the CS major and focus on math if you dont want to program a lot. You will probably have to make practice projects later and lots of other stuff. Is it applied math?
it's a major called "math and computer science", they combine the two. I can do math and statistics.
don’t major in CS it’s the next business degree. Most universities and colleges have lowered the standards so much that any roastie can get a degree by finding a bluepilled pajeet to do all of her C assignments. If you hate coding in Python then you won last in a low level language so you should probably change majors.

If you are good at math go into economics or actuarial science instead. Don’t expect to get a job in a CS field with a degree it’s highly competitive you would need a few side projects that you would have to do on your free time.
good advice ill consider it
>good at math

>low IQ

I'm high IQ and i had to drop out of highschool math.
how do you know youre high iq, srs

it's a major called "math and computer science", they combine the two. I can do math and statistics.
Ah shit. I thought you did a double major. So there is no way for you to stop CS? I guess you should do as much math as you can and as little CS as you can. I do not think you can find enjoyment in computer science if you dont want to use this skill

Python is easy. Get ready to learn C++.

It's fun because it allows your creativity to shine. Through your studies and career you'll find many programming languages that you dislike. Programming is a concept, it's not about languages. My tip: learn the basics of programming. Once you get these you'll find pretty much all languages easy to learn. Objects, classes, functions, templates are pretty much the same in most programming languages. GL
Those "basics" are extremy difficult and painful to learn. I spent 4 days trying to understand why my constructor couldnt compile.

For me professional programming(operating systems, game engines, drivers, etc) is like having to build a nuclear reactor with your bare hands.
Whats creative in debugging? At least I dont have creativity for that

Ah shit. I thought you did a double major. So there is no way for you to stop CS? I guess you should do as much math as you can and as little CS as you can. I do not think you can find enjoyment in computer science if you dont want to use this skill

No I could still change the major, just as long as it's within the scope of mathematics. Might have to put off graduating a semester though. It's not that I'm super bad at it, I'm just a lazy boy who finds it boring lol. We'll see, hopefully I don't fail CS 1/2 lol

Those "basics" are extremy difficult and painful to learn. I spent 4 days trying to understand why my constructor couldnt compile.

For me professional programming(operating systems, game engines, drivers, etc) is like having to build a nuclear reactor with your bare hands.

I'd say self-learning is one of the worst ways to start studying a subject. it's extremely tiring and unefficient. Only when you're already a semi-expert on the subject can you start to self-learn things that weren't taught to you. See, instead of spending 4 days trying to fix your constructor you should've given it 20 minutes at max and then asked a professor the review it. You'd have saved many many hours. See? More efficient.

Operating systems, game engines and the like are very complex and they are usually done by multiple people. Each person has to do a specific task and doesn't have to know how the other's stuff works. It's like drug networks: yo, let me take care of the distribution, you take care of getting the drugs from mexico, and then John will take care of selling it to locals in the city. Does the distribution guy care about how they get the drugs from mexico? No. That's why his job isn't as hard as you might think.

Just learn by practicing instead of reading about the topics and only when you can't solve a problem you go look for the topics relating to that problem.You just need to engage in it by training your mind to engage despite the boredom .I had a technique where I just tell myself to engage for only 5 minutes then do something els or vise -versa then after the 5 minutes . I just get hocked and keep coding till Iam done. .

Last edited:

Whats creative in debugging? At least I dont have creativity for that

I've studied Rust for over a thousand hours over the course of a year and am just starting to get the hang of it. I've been learning computer and programming related concepts with substantial dedication for the past six years and am just now starting to be competent. It takes a long time.

Just learn by practicing instead of reading about the topics and only when you can't solve a problem you go look for the topics relating to that problem.You just need to engage in it by training your mind to engage despite the boredom .I had a technique where I just tell myself to engage for only 5 minutes then do something els then after the 5 minutes I just get hocked and keep coding till Iam done. .

good advice thanks

Any tips for a boredcel to get blackpilled on programming ?

The reason why you find programming boring is because you're not actually doing something you want to do. Python is terrible anyway.
Programming is an extremely useful skill, especially for someone who uses computers often. If you find the right places, it can earn you thousands of dollars a month without really that much work at all other than maintaining what you've made.
The premium game server mods industry is niche but makes a lot of money, for example.

Python is easy. Get ready to learn C++.
I stopped using C because I hate having to manage memory and check for memory leaks. Languages with garbage collection are the GOAT