Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting I faced an inquiry at work today because I was talking to myself on the elevator like a rarted.

FrothySolutions

FrothySolutions

Post like the FBI is watching.
★★★★★
Writing's on the wall, I'm probably autistic. My boss and my immediate supervisor called me into the office to talk to me about my demeanor. They weren't angry, which I appreciate, but I'm also worried and ashamed, because they talked to me like I was a child. And I kinda came to the realization that I'm basically some kind of special needs kid that they just put up with around there. Damn it, I'm trying so hard not to be autistic. How am I supposed to be? You tell me.

I was talking to myself on the elevator, and there was, apparently, a woman on the elevator with me. I don't really remember her, I talk to myself all the time and I don't remember every stranger I've ever met on an elevator. But apparently she was very disturbed and afraid of me and so she fuckin' told on me. First of all, where did she tell on me? I've been working at this place for years and I don't even know where or to whom you would report such a thing. That woman could not have been a co-worker, she had to have worked somewhere else in the building. So how could she have reported me? She who doesn't even know where I work? Now I'm like "Who else is telling on me behind my back?" Because up until this point I thought things were fine. And then I'm just blindsided by this. Blindsided by the fact that there are whisperings going on about me that I don't know about. I feel like things are fine with the people I talk to at work, but now that's all cast into doubt. All the smiles... maybe they're fake. Maybe they just don't wanna be confrontational. And to that I say, come on. Just be upfront with me. Or are people not upfront with me because they see me as having the mind of a child?

Second, I guarantee you that lady was bigger than me. And she's gonna tell on me? Like I was a threat to her? I can't even goddamn walk down the street at night for fear of The Bigs and she wants me in trouble like I even have the capacity to hurt her? I am not an animal. Just autistic, maybe.

Third... how do you not be autistic? What am I doing wrong?

Go HR.
Also what did you say when you were talking to yourself?

They probably want you gone.

wow I know this same exact feels OP there's no help for fuck ups like us, there is a hierarchy and we're at the bottom

Go HR.
Also what did you say when you were talking to yourself?

I don't remember, I always talk to myself.

I'm not in trouble, they just gave me a little talk. Just "You gave that lady a bit of a scare, y'know not everyone understands how valuable you are as an employee, we know you're a valuable employee but other people in the building don't understand, so just try and mind the other people, they scare easily, etc."

wow I know this same exact feels OP there's no help for fuck ups like us, there is a hierarchy and we're at the bottom
“Poor coping skills... Alienation”. Wonder who did that.:feelsokman:

I'm not in trouble, they just gave me a little talk. Just "You gave that lady a bit of a scare, y'know not everyone understands how valuable you are as an employee, we know you're a valuable employee but other people in the building don't understand, so just try and mind the other people, they scare easily, etc."
That's not that bad of a talk really. They could a nailed u like a psycho harassing a fem. Hopefully what they've said is true, but in the case of issues arising of this go to hr and say they r discriminating against the fact u r autistic. If you r a productive employee and shit they'll more then likely take ur side

Aaaannnnd next bitch that tripped on u in an elevator ask her y shes discriminating against ur special needs. She might feel like shit, js

women in the world place are status obsessed nazis especially if you work at a big company, it's basically a caste system, They act like men lower in the chain than them aren't even human, like untouchables.

That's not that bad of a talk really. They could a nailed u like a psycho harassing a fem. Hopefully what they've said is true, but in the case of issues arising of this go to hr and say they r discriminating against the fact u r autistic. If you r a productive employee and shit they'll more then likely take ur side

Aaaannnnd next bitch that tripped on u in an elevator ask her y shes discriminating against ur special needs. She might feel like shit, js

I don't want special needs, I want to be fixed.

I don't want special needs, I want to be fixed.
If ya find a fix tell me too.
I get the not wanting to be treated different. It does suck, but if it happens fighting it might b worse then using g it against them?

You can't, unfortunately. And the worst part is no matter where you go, people can instantly tell you're autistic. It's truly over for you.

But I can learn. I can observe normal humans and learn what the right way to be is.

If ya find a fix tell me too.

The fix I'm angling for is learning how normal people are, and adopting that.

1dd9a70

But how do you not be autistic?
You’re born with it. Nothing you can do dude.

I used to spend hours when I was younger looking up ways to get rid of my autism. When it hit me that I was doomed to it forever, I cried and eventually accepted it.

Went through the five stages of grief pretty much.

You’re born with it. Nothing you can do dude.

I used to spend hours when I was younger looking up ways to get rid of my autism. When it hit me that I was doomed to it forever, I cried and eventually accepted it.

Went through the five stages of grief pretty much.

I can learn! I just need something to study!

Welcome to aspergers, enjoy your stay in hell.

Third... how do you not be autistic? What am I doing wrong?
There is no cure, you're fucked forever.

I can learn! I just need something to study!
I thought that once upon a time, too. Years of effort poured into studying how people interact, how to read body language and facial expressions, make small talk, form friendships, etc. There is no helping it; at best, you can hope to mask it from people you've just met. At worst, you've wasted a lot of time for absolutely nothing.

It's over, boyo.
She might feel like shit, js
She might virtue signal. She won't feel like shit, not for an ugly autist.

Dude you can't be talking to yourself in an elevator right in front of someone else. Everyone talks to themselves sometimes. I do it all the time. But you can't do that around other people. They'll think you're schizo.

Also, what were you saying to yourself? Don't tell me you don't know. I know you know. What sort of thing would you talk about yourself in front of other people in an elevator?

Are you giving yourself a pep talk? Having a conversation with yourself? Telling yourself what groceries you have to buy? Narrating your day as you go in the third person?

Dude you can't be talking to yourself in an elevator right in front of someone else. Everyone talks to themselves sometimes. I do it all the time. But you can't do that around other people. They'll think you're schizo.

Also, what were you saying to yourself? Don't tell me you don't know. I know you know. What sort of thing would you talk about yourself in front of other people in an elevator?

Are you giving yourself a pep talk? Having a conversation with yourself? Telling yourself what groceries you have to buy? Narrating your day as you go in the third person?

I talk about a lot of stuff, I don't remember what I was talking about in that particular moment though. Sometimes I'll just make observations, sometimes I'll reflect on my day so far/things I have to do later, sometimes I'll complain about the train or the bus, I've got a million of 'em.

I talk about a lot of stuff, I don't remember what I was talking about in that particular moment though. Sometimes I'll just make observations, sometimes I'll reflect on my day so far/things I have to do later, sometimes I'll complain about the train or the bus, I've got a million of 'em.

Have you always done this in front of people? I'm surprised no one has come after you for it before now.

People who just randomly ramble to themselves in public are assumed to be crazy until proven otherwise.

If some guy is standing in a room talking to no one rambling like: "Oh man that dentist was a total dick, that was painful. Oh that reminds me I need toothpaste when I'm going home. Oh and maybe I'll stop and pick up the dry cleaning. Yeah that would be a good idea. I'll do that on the way home. Smart! Almost forgot. Nice wallpaper they got here. Reminds me of a hotel or something. haha...."

99.9% of people are gonna assume he's crazy as fuck and talking to an imaginary person.

Short story - you can't do that. We all have an "inner dialog" but it's supposed to stay "inside". If you're expressing something out loud around others it's implied that you're trying to converse with them. When you're not actually doing that, yeah, people will wonder what the fuck is up.

Have you always done this in front of people? I'm surprised no one has come after you for it before now.

People who just randomly ramble to themselves in public are assumed to be crazy until proven otherwise.

If some guy is standing in a room talking to no one rambling like: "Oh man that dentist was a total dick, that was painful. Oh that reminds me I need toothpaste when I'm going home. Oh and maybe I'll stop and pick up the dry cleaning. Yeah that would be a good idea. I'll do that on the way home. Smart! Almost forgot. Nice wallpaper they got here. Reminds me of a hotel or something. haha...."

99.9% of people are gonna assume he's crazy as fuck and talking to an imaginary person.

Short story - you can't do that. We all have an "inner dialog" but it's supposed to stay "inside". If you're expressing something out loud around others it's implied that you're trying to converse with them. When you're not actually doing that, yeah, people will wonder what the fuck is up.

I probably have done this in front of people, I don't know how frequently though. I do know that I tend to think out loud.

Fuck that bitch. JFL @ not being allowed to talk to yourself

Fuck that bitch. JFL @ not being allowed to talk to yourself

It's not that I'm not "allowed," it's just that it scares the normies and my bosses just wanna remind me that, while the love me, I'm weird to some people.

It's not that I'm not "allowed," it's just that it scares the normies and my bosses just wanna remind me that, while the love me, I'm weird to some people.
then why the fuck would he bring it up? seems kind of mean tbh, like he just did it to humiliate you.

then why the fuck would he bring it up? seems kind of mean tbh, like he just did it to humiliate you.

Well it's not that I'm "not allowed," but they would like me to try and not scare the other people in the building and rack up incidents.

What??? No fuckin' shit, making out with a normette will cure my autism? But autism is why I can't make out with a normette. Ah, it makes so much sense now. Why normal people are in relationships and I'm not. Normal persons tend to kiss. I have never kissed, and so I still have my retard brain.