Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How to win friends and INfluenCE peopLe

Cleftcel

Cleftcel

genetic determinist
★★
Anyone else ever fuck with self-books, material etc (I've even got The art of happiness by the Dalai Lama). Cope Cope Cope Cope Cope.

Is it all ultimately ineffective?

It depends, most self-help material is bullshit. It doesn't hit on a subconscious level so it's as meaningful as a New Year's resolution. Also, I'd disagree, they don't usually even make good coping mechanisms. Usually soft skills are gained by practice (can't get that in a book) and self-improvement is done by trauma (again, can't get that in a book).

Still, looking forward to read Dr. Peterson's 12 Rules for Life, but I'm more curious about the anecdotes than anything else.

The only self help you can do for yourself is eat healthy diet mucusless diet, exercise and practice nofap.

The only self help you can do for yourself is eat healthy diet mucusless diet, exercise and practice nofap.
Wouldn't nofap just make you even hornier? Is there any proven science for this because it seems like a meme to me.

We are living in sodom and gomorrah of junk food fetuses born sick and ejaculation is harmful if supplemented with mcdonalds and no exercise.

Self-help is full of hard to apply coz muh genetics truisms.

Never read a self-help book in my life.

They should preface all these books with:

Requirements: Be attractive

Anyone else ever fuck with self-books, material etc (I've even got The art of happiness by the Dalai Lama). Cope Cope Cope Cope Cope.

Is it all ultimately ineffective?

I just don't get how people can fall for self-help books. Seriously these books are written by people that just want to get your money, it's not even a book with a good story where you get your money worth back. It's just some bluepilled useless advice.

purchased the book in '13, did NOTHING

If you want to influence people, all you have to do is be attractive with a strong voice!