Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Holy shit guys, my brain might actually be emotionally dead or something, I can't react to most things: happiness, excitement, fear etc...

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
Like for example, my parents are FREAKING out now cause a coworker tested positive for covid. Dad even started to cry for 1 second, and I kinda errupted telling him "What the fuck man up". I kinda regret that though, he's a gentle and loving being and I'm an asshole for saying that. My mom's legs are shaking.

And yet, I didn't react at all. It feels like I just heard that there's a 5% discount on pretzels or something, no fucking reaction whatsoever. AND I've been coughing like a maniac for the last 4 days, still no fucking reaction.

And it applies to so many things. Movies, games, news etc... anything that should make me feel something. Only a select few things still might illicit emotion/reaction, mainly sadness, like seeing some really sad shit an animal get hurt or being sad or something. But happiness, shock and other such things - nope. Even fear to some degree, although of course EXTREME things might still get me to feel something. But I'm also desensitized to a lot of shit.

I'm dead inside. Thanks to over a decade of depression, rotting in bed for 16 hours a day, and of course those 2 years of blacking out almost every day from liters of vodka.

You are dead inside we all are

You are dead inside we all are
And I actually really love my parents. I'm super attached to them, especially for the last few years we've become super tight, especially my dad and me, he's an angel. And yet my brain didn't react at all to that news.

I guess I'll panic for real if my mother or father gets it, then I'll be super pissed and sad.

This is the true ascension most men strive for short of a lobotomy.
Some men locked themselves in caves for 50 years without achieving this.

You should write a book and make millions off your won derful journey and success.

Last edited:
Well, old people die like flies. Might be one to three percent overall, but for old people it goes up much higher, as young people are barely affected and pull the average down.

Also keep i mind many old people being weakened will die later due to other stuff, while not showing up in the statistics anymore.

You should be happy though. My parents don't take it serious at all. We don't even have widows insurance (parents nevr married. so If one dies it's over.

@Atavistic Autist The retirement home you live near to, basically lost all its inhabitants iirc?

Idk, maybe it's that I love my parents so much that I can't even imagine the possibility of them dying? Like a super narcissistic and solipsistic view of reality.
This is the true ascension most men strive for.
Some men locked themselves in caves for 50 years without achieving this.

You should write a book and make millions off your won derful journey and success.
Ohh you're assuming this "ability" appears when it counts. Nah, it's like I'm only emotionally dead when it's inconvenient. I'm actually super anxious and shit in most situations, but emotionally dead when normal people would be happy or fearful.

People that are overly emotional and dramatic are faking it. That's why I hate talking to people, you have to put up this fake enthusiastic personality and overreact to everything or else people will get bored and not want to talk to you.

Like for example, my parents are FREAKING out now cause a coworker tested positive for covid. Dad even started to cry for 1 second, and I kinda errupted telling him "What the fuck man up". I kinda regret that though, he's a gentle and loving being and I'm an asshole for saying that. My mom's legs are shaking.

And yet, I didn't react at all. It feels like I just heard that there's a 5% discount on pretzels or something, no fucking reaction whatsoever. AND I've been coughing like a maniac for the last 4 days, still no fucking reaction.

And it applies to so many things. Movies, games, news etc... anything that should make me feel something. Only a select few things still might illicit emotion/reaction, mainly sadness, like seeing some really sad shit an animal get hurt or being sad or something. But happiness, shock and other such things - nope. Even fear to some degree, although of course EXTREME things might still get me to feel something. But I'm also desensitized to a lot of shit.

I'm dead inside. Thanks to over a decade of depression, rotting in bed for 16 hours a day, and of course those 2 years of blacking out almost every day from liters of vodka.

My mom's legs are shaking.
:chad::chad::chad::chad::chad::chad::chad::chad:

Don't die from covid. Bro. :cryfeels:. I'm literally about to cry irl ngl. Fuck your job. Save yourself.

I too love my mom.(dad's long gone). Show them that you love them even with simple words. Time is the rarest currency. Don't let it go to waste.

Don't die from covid. Bro. :cryfeels:. I'm literally about to cry irl ngl. Fuck your job. Save yourself.

I too love my mom.(dad's long gone). Show them that you love them even with simple words. Time is the rarest currency. Don't let it go to waste.
Stay strong man, I hope things work out for you. Sorry to hear about your dad. When my dad dies (and he's quite old), I'll be devastated, so I hope you're doing well.

You're just rational. Covid is no threat.