Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Having autism feels like it was over before I even had a chance

NeverHadAChance

NeverHadAChance

Self-banned
-
First time poster and long time lurker,

Just wanted a small vent about the current state of affairs - I'm in the moderately "high" functional range for Autism, but just so much is more of a task for me than anyone else seems to have. Getting to the fairly adept stage of social ability was insane effort and hasn't paid off a bit, still a virgin at 21 near 22 - not insanely bad but it hurts to think about.

Anyone else suffer from ASD or similar problems, advice for trying to cope would be appreciated - it's been pretty shit so far

There is a weekly thread about mentalcels being fake copers. They fail to realize that only Chad tier looks could ever elevate you out of the social poverty that is autism.

There is a weekly thread about mentalcels being fake copers. They fail to realize that only Chad tier looks could ever elevate you out of the social poverty that is autism.
False

I don't know man, I'm not horrendous looking imo but holy fuck I am pretty much a known social joke at this point. Sadly at the institution of education I attend I am basically the punchline for a lot of my classmates, I understand that - were I to be social - I may have a better chance?

However I'd say that having ASD and god knows what else - that's a long diagnosis path I'm going through the NHS - has fucking ruined me. I can't see this shit ending outside of me, along, mid 30's with my collection of historical artefacts and items (my hyper fixation is History)

And all the talk about hiding one's autism is bs. It can never perfectly be masked. Holes are like dogs sniffing out any micro detail that is out of place with your speech or demeanor.

And all the talk about hiding one's autism is bs. It can never perfectly be masked. Holes are like dogs sniffing out any micro detail that is out of place with your speech or demeanor.
It's worse than that, I've heard and talked to people at my campus who - and I am being serious - like to make Autistic and other socially awkward people nervous or scared in a social setting. They do it to me by openly talking about sex and their sexual history, since they know it upsets and makes me uncomfortable - remember you are not people to them, they see me as a fucking joke