Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

HALO EFFECT - Victimized employees are seen as bullies despite exemplary performance, actual bullies get a pass

Ragefuel thread

its either be prey or predator there is no in between, humans such as all animals follow this biological law

There's an article that covers this paper, i'll copy paste some important parts.

tl;dr Victims of workplace mistreatment may also be seen as bullies themselves, even if they've never engaged in such behavior, and despite exemplary performance. Bullies, on the other hand, may be given a pass if they are liked by their supervisor. There is a bias toward victim blaming.

"The results are eye-opening," Taylor says. "I think they are useful because, given all of these accounts in the media of bad behavior happening, people are often left wondering how can we blame victims, and why do we let these perpetrators off the hook, why do they go unpunished?"

:feelsStudy: @Atavistic Autist You were right when you said psychopaths succeed in today's world.

Taylor attributes the flawed decision making to cognitive biases, such as the halo effect, in which positive attributes mask negative traits, or the horns effect, in which one negative attribute casts a person in a completely negative light.

The researchers performed their work over the course of four studies. The first two studies showed through surveys of employees and supervisors that supervisors tend to view victims of bullying as being bullies themselves.

Studies three and four were experiments where participants evaluated employees based on descriptions of their work performance, as well as how they treated others and how they were treated.

They found that even when evaluators were clearly informed that a victim did not mistreat others, victims were still seen as bullies. In the fourth study, they found that
not only are victims seen as bullies despite evidence to the contrary, but also that they receive lower job performance evaluations as a result of being victimized.

:feelsUnreal: Your behavior doesn't fucking matter. Jfl at people using the just world fallacy these days, like we live in a social meritocracy

The researchers found support in all four studies that bullies were less likely to be seen as deviant when their supervisor considered them to be good performers.

:feelssus:
People get away with treating others like absolute shit. Reminds me of when a kid is bullied at school, he's beaten and mocked all day, grows up scarred and insecure. People will tell him that HIS social skills were bad and the social skills of his bullies were GOOD. Psychopaths who torture you are seen as socially apt, if not outright gifted. What does this say about society?

The study and the media article that covers it

@Selinity

@soymonkcel Didn't you argue with other colleagues about an awful bully who was seen as the good kid?

Tagging some users: @ionlycopenow @BummerDrummer @gymletethnicel @Edmund_Kemper @Lebensmüder @Quarantined @turbocuckcel_7000 @THE TRUE HONKLER @your personality
This goes to show that real-life is just High School expansion pack. Back when I was a teen I believed that as an adult, things will change for the better, and I will get a good job and have a better life than my detractors. Oh how fucking wrong was I.

This is one of the biggest reasons why I quit my job and became a NEETcel.

Many psychopatic/narcissistic bullies use DARVO (deny, attack, and reverse victim and offender) - I think it can give also some insight in this phenomenon.

Check it:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DARVO

Any stories that you're willing to share?

Nothing that interesting, really; mostly just my bosses yelling at me for shit that chad and foid employees got away with all the time.

fuck soyciety, fuck foids, fuck all the cuckish soys who identify as alphas

cuckish soys who identify as alphas
i hate incels in denial

i hate guys who larp as chad or think that they're one behavior/self improvement away from being chad

Cope. In time periods that weren't so socially alienated, psychopaths often got lynched by solidaristic townfolk, and were denounced for their tyrannical behaviors rather than enabled in them.

This happened as recently as 1981 in small town, White America:

Note that nobody in the town snitched on those who killed the veritable psychopath Rex McElroy, despite there being dozens of witnesses! They were united in action and supported his public, extrajudicial execution. His house was later burned to the ground after his degenerate family was forced to flee.

This fully explains why vigilante justice has been stigmatized along with "racism" under muh kkk propaganda, btw. Such things are unthinkable now.
Convince me that this guy was actually the aggressor and not just some ascended incel the town decided to purge because he wouldn't stay in his lane.

16827752-7315955-image-a-14_1564778683026.jpg
ken-rex-mcelroy-dog

He was hated for dating a 12 year old girl (Elena) and married her around the time they were trying to jail him for statutory rape.

IE the type of thing an actual Chad rarely has to deal with: statutory rape laws primarily work against sub-chads who manage to romance less-shallow girls willing to give them a chance. Or maybe even just TRY to: we don't know if they actually fucked.

It's entirely possible that bitter foids who hated Elena just besmirched her reputation (lied and said she had premarital sex with Rex) so she had no other prospects but to make truth of the lie and marry the guy she might've otherwise ended it with once a gigachad came along. Back then your virtue/reputation sort of mattered in terms of marriage prospects.

Elena tried to identify the gunman who killed her husband, does that sound like something a victim who hated him would do once he was gone?

If she was actually a rape victim or abused or something she would be celebrating this not trying to bring her husband's murderers to justice.

Here's the Romaine Henry who accused Rex McElrowy of shooting him with a shotgun:
romaine-henry-skidmore

Not much to look at due to age but I'd be interested to see how Chadlike he was in older photographs.

Why should I trust that guy's side of things though?

I realize sometimes "bullies" are truly bullies and sometimes they might face justice from good people, but I'm very hesitant to accept any narrative like this nowadays since more often than not the accepted and propogated narratives tend to be 180 degrees from the truth.

Last edited:
Sounds like school.

People are nothing more than animals, they do a downright malicious act then try to justify said act to themselves and if they can't justify it they'll simply forgive and forget "my past is my past"

Sounds like school.

People are nothing more than animals, they do a downright malicious act then try to justify said act to themselves and if they can't justify it they'll simply forgive and forget "my past is my past"
School never ends despite what people tell you. Office politics is just school 2.0

School never ends despite what people tell you. Office politics is just school 2.0
School and work are just part of life. And life is cruel, very much blackpilled.

My natural instinct is to say just shoot em up but saying something like that might get the attention of the FBI.

Oh fuck I already said it rofl

bullied to suicidiality at my first job. Boss didn't do shit

Any stories that you're willing to share?
just a douchebag coworker. shitty construction work culture where yelling and degrading apprentices is normal and you're expected to put up with it as if it's the military. Pretended to be my friend then would shit on me at work. Would shit on everything about me. Call me a pussy for ever questioning safety of what we're doing. he was personal friends with the boss too. Before him I had to work with 2 pack a day smoking alcoholic scumbag who was an asshole too. I asked the boss for a transfer but he couldn't give me one so I quit.

Last edited:
My natural instinct is to say just shoot em up but saying something like that might get the attention of the FBI.

Oh fuck I already said it rofl
They should be legally tried in a court of law....
(then they should be shot lol)

depressing but not surprising
looks are everything. chads get away with murder but incels get 10 years for walking across street

it's extremely hard to swallow, that being bullied by charming and attractive people effectively works as a valid value judgement, making others judge you and rate your performance more poorly, even if the initial superficial reaction is to defend you from the bullying

giga over

it's extremely hard to swallow, that being bullied by charming and attractive people effectively works as a valid value judgement, making others judge you and rate your performance more poorly, even if the initial superficial reaction is to defend you from the bullying

giga over
Not even objective evidence will change their mind. Halo is everything. Popularity is everything.

Not even objective evidence will change their mind. Halo is everything. Popularity is everything.
i can't get this image out of my head, of the 'good people' coming in to check in on you and make sure you're alright and not too upset about what the bullies said, then feeling disgusted and quickly leaving to go socialize with the popular bullies :lul:

i can't get this image out of my head, of the 'good people' coming in to check in on you and make sure you're alright and not too upset about what the bullies said, then feeling disgusted and quickly leaving to go socialize with the popular bullies :lul:
Yeah imagine them starting to think "ew what a fucking loser, he deserved it" or "ew what a trouble maker, fucking piece of shit" as they interact with you despite all the good things you do and the hard work you put in

Yeah imagine them starting to think "ew what a fucking loser, he deserved it" or "ew what a trouble maker, fucking piece of shit" as they interact with you despite all the good things you do and the hard work you put in
yeah good luck getting invited for drinks after work

Another Heavyweight IQ Post from OP, the studies explained a lot of the BS i had to endure in one particular shitty company.
Many psychopatic/narcissistic bullies use DARVO (deny, attack, and reverse victim and offender) - I think it can give also some insight in this phenomenon.

Check it:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DARVO
Finally am able to call this shitty principle by name

Another Heavyweight IQ Post from OP, the studies explained a lot of the BS i had to endure in one particular shitty company.
That's why the blackpill, as brutal as it is, is liberating. You finally know why you went through this shit, you finally know you aren't crazy or necessarily a bad person

That's why the blackpill, as brutal as it is, is liberating. You finally know why you went through this shit, you finally know you aren't crazy or necessarily a bad person
yes.

this hits so hard as an office worker for more than half my life and seeing office politics in play. various managers and bosses and leads and it all ends up the same: the charming guy/pretty girl get everything handed to them or work tossed aside so they can have an extra day off or lunch while people like me gotta come in and do extra hours to pick up the office slack while still getting the same pay and they get all the promotions and awards

this happened to me two years ago that i ended up just not going into work for days at a time cuz i couldn't deal with management: had an evaluation and they compared my work productivity to the other employees. there was a graph. a literal graph with numbers showing that on an average day of work i am doing 3 times that of my other coworkers. but instead of rewarding me they looked at the outlier days where i had hardly any productivity (sick or depressed tbh) and told me i needed to fix that and gave me a negative review. then they 'rewarded' me with being a Trainer to some new people because we needed more people on a project and I was the person that had worked on the project the longest. That alone frustrated me but what really irked me was a few weeks later.
The "Chad" of the office is one of the reasons why sometimes we get backlog because he talks on the phone all day. He was bragging that he got a monetary reward. THAT is when I just gave up. I thought people are supposed to make more money the longer/harder they work but instead it's all political ass kissing and good looks. The world fucking pisses me off.
Feel you bro
IKIFEEL

Last edited:
Same exact shit happened to me. I was treated like shit by this big fat motherfucker so much so I had to accuse him to corporate. I busted my ass every day and yet I was being told I wasnt doing enough. It was unbelievable. My first manager actually recommended me to work in that area because she saw all the hard work I did, but my new manager thought I wasnt doing shit because the bully and his gang were pointing out all the small mistake I was making. Sometimes it's a fact of jealousy. Most of the people who bully are not charming sociopaths, they're just trashy cowards and when they see that you're not like them and that you're a person of good character unlike them they start to resent you.

Add one more reason to go batshit insane no wonder there are so many mass shootinss

Yeah one of the biggest bluepill told to kids and teens is that people "grow up" and that life after school is different. Jfl people are the exact same after high school, the only thing that changes is the setting.

And yeah feminists and sjw always bitch about "victim blaming" yet they never apply this to bullying
tbhtbh, if there's something life has teached me is that people, especially bullies never mature, they'll continue to be the same petty manchild a-holes they were in high school and keep ruining truecel's lives.

tbhtbh, if there's something life has teached me is that people, especially bullies never mature, they'll continue to be the same petty manchild a-holes they were in high school and keep ruining truecel's lives.
At best people bullies become more subtle. Which might be even worse ... because they like you're imagining things or have a victim complex when you dare to defend yourself or speak up

My first manager actually recommended me to work in that area because she saw all the hard work I did, but my new manager thought I wasnt doing shit because the bully and his gang were pointing out all the small mistake I was making.
Fucking brutal

tl;dr Victims of workplace mistreatment may also be seen as bullies themselves, even if they've never engaged in such behavior, and despite exemplary performance. Bullies, on the other hand, may be given a pass if they are liked by their supervisor. There is a bias toward victim blaming.
Gee, I wonder why so many mass shootings happen.

I've been through this too. I was mocked by a gang of 11 boys and my fucking filoshophy teatcher telling my aunt that i was provoking them all. :feelsUgh:

After finding out about halo effects it's impossible to unsee it in corporate work culture. Wageslaving is hard enough but also being passed for promotion just because someone else is more attractive is suifuel.

Lulz. Glad I barely work at all in my work.

After finding out about halo effects it's impossible to unsee it in corporate work culture. Wageslaving is hard enough but also being passed for promotion just because someone else is more attractive is suifuel.
Yeah, when I started waging I learned that it was not much different from high school.

This has been my experience at just about every job I've had. You can work 10x harder than the favorites, but you will always be spit on by them and the higher-ups. Meanwhile, the favorites get a constant outpouring of praise despite not even being good at their job beyond the social aspect. Every fucking job, this happens.

This has been my experience at just about every job I've had. You can work 10x harder than the favorites, but you will always be spit on by them and the higher-ups. Meanwhile, the favorites get a constant outpouring of praise despite not even being good at their job beyond the social aspect. Every fucking job, this happens.
Same man, you nailed it. I’ve been working for a long time now and it really is true when people say high school never ends. Nepotism and just whoever the higher ups favor are the people who get promotions and raises. It has little to do with competence most of the time.

There was a known office bully who was reported by 5 different people I know off (all of whom but me have since left the company) and they were given a pass because they’re buddies with the department head. Meanwhile the people who filed the complaints were later demoted and basically it was clear were on thin ice (not “official” of course as that would be illegal). In some cases I get that response because it’s true there are women especially in the workplace that fucking complain about nothing but on the other hand some people really are total assholes that nobody wants to work with.

If you’re a low status manlet ugly guy getting a promotion is ridiculous. Where I work management is from California and wants to get more women into the field (we’re male dominated industry) so they just leap frogged all of us guys that have been there for years for the promotion and hired/promoted a bunch of women who are clueless and incompetent. My boss is now a woman and she literally does not do anything all day. Yet she’s paid tremendous more. I’m not kidding she doesn’t do shit. It’s a joke.

Men genuinely should protest in the streets and actively push for change in society. I have to be careful about I phrase this shit of course since feds are everywhere but our society is so stacked in favor of women and so stacked against men now it’s unreal. It’s so obvious but everyone gaslights and women live in their own world and will never acknowledge the truth.

Last edited:
There's an article that covers this paper, i'll copy paste some important parts.

"The results are eye-opening," Taylor says. "I think they are useful because, given all of these accounts in the media of bad behavior happening, people are often left wondering how can we blame victims, and why do we let these perpetrators off the hook, why do they go unpunished?"

:feelsStudy: @Atavistic Autist You were right when you said psychopaths succeed in today's world.

Taylor attributes the flawed decision making to cognitive biases, such as the halo effect, in which positive attributes mask negative traits, or the horns effect, in which one negative attribute casts a person in a completely negative light.

The researchers performed their work over the course of four studies. The first two studies showed through surveys of employees and supervisors that supervisors tend to view victims of bullying as being bullies themselves.

Studies three and four were experiments where participants evaluated employees based on descriptions of their work performance, as well as how they treated others and how they were treated.

They found that even when evaluators were clearly informed that a victim did not mistreat others, victims were still seen as bullies. In the fourth study, they found that
not only are victims seen as bullies despite evidence to the contrary, but also that they receive lower job performance evaluations as a result of being victimized.

:feelsUnreal: Your behavior doesn't fucking matter. Jfl at people using the just world fallacy these days, like we live in a social meritocracy

The researchers found support in all four studies that bullies were less likely to be seen as deviant when their supervisor considered them to be good performers.

:feelssus:
People get away with treating others like absolute shit. Reminds me of when a kid is bullied at school, he's beaten and mocked all day, grows up scarred and insecure. People will tell him that HIS social skills were bad and the social skills of his bullies were GOOD. Psychopaths who torture you are seen as socially apt, if not outright gifted. What does this say about society?

The study and the media article that covers it

@Selinity

@soymonkcel Didn't you argue with other colleagues about an awful bully who was seen as the good kid?

Tagging some users: @ionlycopenow @BummerDrummer @gymletethnicel @Edmund_Kemper @Lebensmüder @Quarantined @turbocuckcel_7000 @THE TRUE HONKLER @your personality
Wow, this is so BLACKPILLING!

r/inceltear in a nutshell