Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Getting a dog helps us feel better and prevent heart disease

Limerencel

Limerencel

Major
TL;DR: Study suggest dog owners feel better and have lower risk of cardiovascular disease. The results show that the benefit is even greater for single people (and I personally suspect it would be even greater for deprived incels like us).

Do you have a dog? And does it help you cope? Or do you wanna get one?
Another incel I know has a dog, and it always comes to stand close to me, waiting to get petted, which I really like doing. It makes me feel loved and warm inside. I've also heard petting a dog releases oxycoton in the brain, lowers heartrate and bloodpressure. Fuck it, I might get a dog soon.

----- Main takeaways from largest peer reviewed study ever on dog owners -----
"There might be direct effects of dog ownership on health outcomes. One mechanism by which dog ownership could reduce CVD risk and mortality is by alleviating psychosocial stress factors, such as social isolation, depression and loneliness - all reportedly lower in dog owners"

"Dogs may be beneficial in reducing cardiovascular risk by providing a non-human form of social support and increasing physical activity. Dog ownership has been reported to be associated with alleviation of social isolation and improved perception of wellbeing, particularly in single persons and the elderly"

"We found that individuals in single households benefitted most from dog ownership regarding protection from CVD"

Source: Nature.com - Dog ownership and the risk of cardiovascular disease and death - a nationwide cohort study.

My dog is my best friend

Dogs don't discriminate. They don't see you're an incel. Loves you like a Chad. I'd adopt one

I cant have a relationship with a dog or fuck it

My dog is my best friend and child. I guess I'm just white af

Allergic to dogs and cats. I can't even enjoy the pleasure of having a pet. I can only get reptiles but I don't like them:feelsbadman:
My dog is my best friend and child. I guess I'm just white af
Do you run bestiality game bro?

I dislike dogs. They're far too clingy and dirty I find.

Sadly im a germaphobe and dont want to touch animals.

I'm allergic to dog dandruff, which is bullshit because i wasn't allergic as a kid. It was an allergy I developed in my early 20s. The universe made sure that I will stay incel.

nah i'm too selfish. but i guess it would force me to take it with me and possibly score chicks with it.

My fav

Caucasian Shepherd: family pet or ruthless killer?

my dog is like a son to me