Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion For gymcels, how much has lifting actually helped?

AutistCell

AutistCell

Bingo Bongo I'm a Mongo
How much has lifting helped your life, and what kind of results have you got in the gym?

Do you guys train with compound lifts and if so what kind of numbers are you lifting?

Has it been able to make anyone respect you?

i got occasional compliments from guys but it was all a scam and a detriment to my mental health. it made me resent foids for making me go through all that pain.

well yes i did get some praise in school after my transformation,now i rarely get compliments but thats it.they just say "nice body"and thats it. hasnt helped me socially at all,hasnt helped me fit in more or be accepted,still stayed an ugly loser but with muscles

i got occasional compliments from guys but it was all a scam and a detriment to my mental health. it made me resent foids for making me go through all that pain.
how strong are you tho

It made me feel good when I walked in public because I felt like I could knock down anyone.

I got great results from the get go (I still had stretch marks 10+ years later from how fast I was growing) and after a couple of years basically every guy I talked to wanted to talk about lifting.
There's a kind of respect in it, but it's shallow and fleeting.

How much has lifting helped your life, and what kind of results have you got in the gym?

Do you guys train with compound lifts and if so what kind of numbers are you lifting?

Yes. It has helped with frame and earned me some respect (mostly from other men JFL).

Was no longer a borderline DYEL anorexic blackcel. I was one of the strongest in my gym Blackcel (I'm not even strong).

Prior the Quarantine I was lifting:

Squat 155kg (340lbs) for 5 sets of 5 reps.

Deadlift 222.5kg (495lbs) ONCE (never again)

I was INCLINE benching 92.5kg for 5 sets of 5 reps.

After the quarantine I expect all these numbers to half.

Yes and no?

Foids don't care.

I'll often get a few old guys at the gym stopping to mirin (I'm not joking when I say I look like a dyel weak lifter).

Now all those gains are lost.

how strong are you tho
i could bench 90kgs for 7 reps and do 8 weighted pullups with 22.5kgs

i lifted for like a year until i had to drop out of uni and i got depressed and lost motivation.

I did martial arts like muay thai, I didnt lift that much

Dudes compliment me all the time on physique.
NOT A SINGLE FOID HAS EVER COMPLIMENTED ME.
didn't meet the face + race requirement.

Helped with my mental health, that's about it

Was no longer a borderline DYEL anorexic blackcel. I was one of the strongest in my gym Blackcel (I'm not even strong).

Prior the Quarantine I was lifting:

Squat 155kg (340lbs) for 5 sets of 5 reps.

Deadlift 222.5kg (495lbs) ONCE (never again)

I was INCLINE benching 92.5kg for 5 sets of 5 reps.

After the quarantine I expect all these numbers to half.

Yes and no?

Foids don't care.

I'll often get a few old guys at the gym stopping to mirin (I'm not joking when I say I look like a dyel weak lifter).

Now all those gains are lost.

Damn, mogs me ngl
My 1 REP MAX deadlift is 454
Squats are like 315 for 8

Also, hypertrophy training is for lowT weak bitch ass simps. Real highT truecels do powerlifting.

helps me stay healthy, huge benefits. i suggest everyone do it

zero benefits for appealing to women

No gym for your face,height and race.

I don't lift tbh

Gymcels are intellectually deficient, by definition. At least utilize your muscles for some adrenaline stimulating activity instead of fishing for faggot compliments if you feel like you must do something.

I don't lift tbh
Me neither, completely useless if you have deadend genetic. You won't look beautiful and symetrical like bodybuilders and won't be strong af like tall and naturally big dudes. The "best version" of my genetics is to be below average so why even try.

Sucks bro I look pathetic as fuck trying to compensate for being ugly and making minimum wage. Just want to be skinny and lean tbh

It made me a lot healthier, I used to feel hot and sweaty all the time and I don't any more.

It also gives you the illusion of having accomplished something, so your mood improves a little bit. The feeling that you're making progress is nice, I would compare it to playing video games and winning, in reality the victory is meaningless, but your brain gets tricked and you feel happy for a little while regardless.

no difference with women

The average person respects you more and takes you more seriously.

99% free weights (70% barbell, 30% dumbbells).

Currently can't train (for maintenance) because pandemic. Doing plyo and calisthenics.

Numbers before quarantine (5RM):

Back squat: 335.
Front squat: 285 (3RM).
Bench: 240.
Deadlft: 415.
OHP: 175.

99% free weights (70% barbell, 30% dumbbells).

Currently can't train (for maintenance) because pandemic. Doing plyo and calisthenics.

Numbers before quarantine (5RM):

Back squat: 335.
Front squat: 285 (3RM).
Bench: 240.
Deadlft: 415.
OHP: 175.
Those are pretty good. My OHP and Squat suck though :feels:

my 5RMs:
Back Squat 315 x 5
Bench 255 x 5
Deadlift 475 x 5
OHP 150 x 5

my 1RMs
Back Squat 375 x 1
Bench 295 x 1
Deadlift 535 x 1
OHP 175 x 1

Those are pretty good. My OHP and Squat suck though :feels:

my 5RMs:
Back Squat 315 x 5
Bench 255 x 5
Deadlift 475 x 5
OHP 150 x 5

my 1RMs
Back Squat 375 x 1
Bench 295 x 1
Deadlift 535 x 1
OHP 175 x 1

Thanks. Your numbers are solid also (sans OHP... It's tough, don't worry about it). But WTF is up with that deadlift? Your 1RM shouldn't be so close to your 5RM.

What fitness in general (eating healthy, some gymming, some cardio) did for me - It made me get leaner, and I started feeling more confident (read: less shy) and able to wear more clothes. It helped me feel more energetic, and whenever I exercised it felt good afterwards and I got amazing sleep (plus I could eat burgers and stuff too). It had no effect on anything social though even though It made me less shy, women still didn't notice me and no additional respect from anyone either. Don't do it for others, do it for yourself. Good luck, I believe in you!

Thanks. Your numbers are solid also (sans OHP... It's tough, don't worry about it). But WTF is up with that deadlift? Your 1RM shouldn't be so close to your 5RM.
My 5RM deadlift is 88.79% of my 1RM. This is normal for me lol

My 5RM deadlift s 88.79% of my 1RM. This is normal for me lol

88% is closer to 3RM (90%). The ceiling for 5RM is 85%, but you should be training closer to 80% (for 5RM).

tenor.gif

If you need to pay to occasionally go to a place where you lift steel pieces in front of Chad and Stacy in order to not be fat and suffer muscle atrophy its over for your brain and mind.

88% is closer to 3RM (90%). The ceiling for 5RM is 85%, but you should be training closer to 80% (for 5RM).
No its not. 5RM percentages are going to be different for each lift and each person.

No its not. 5RM percentages are going to be different for each lift and each person.

The standard ranges are 60-70% for hypertrophy, 75-85% for strength volume, 90%+ for strength intensity.

You're correct in that individual numbers may vary, based on things like body proportions, athleticism, and years trained.

Guys usually just wanted to compare how strong they are against me.

Girls didn't care about me

whyd you drop out max and wyd now
i dropped out because i was behind on my assignments and my uni was being a shit to me like fucking up my timetable causing me to miss a whole module of seminars..also i didnt enjoy it. i didnt have any interest in most of what i was learning and i was only there because my mother forced me. i have a job but it doesnt earn a proper income to allow me to be independent (unless i want to have no free time at all). right now im NEET'ing during coronavirus

lifters here mog me

I actually get less interaction initiated from women...