Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Does anyone else feel that people's low expectations of you are a self-fulfilling prophesy?

Divergent_Integral

Divergent_Integral

Spastic ricecel, heightmogged by 99.74% of men
★★★★
As a spastic and autistic ricecel dwarf I've always had trouble being taken seriously as a man. While the treatment I've received from most people hasn't been bad per se (as in outright bullying), most of it has been tinged with pity and low expectations. Until I started to lose my hair recently, most people treated me like a grown child. Now that I can no longer pass as a child, they don't really know what to make of me anymore. The confusion on people's faces is at turns both hilarious and saddening to me.

If most people you meet think that you'll never amount to much, is it any surprise that you don't turn out well in life? Self-belief needs a solid substrate of other people also believing in you. At least it does for me. Looking back, while I was somewhat gifted as a youngster, it's now clear to me that I never really believed in my own potential, because most other people seemed only to see a crippled loser in me. Especially foids, almost none of whom shared my intellectual interests.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

As I had a similar opinion about other people like their opinion about me I had no special problem with it. The only problem I have is the rejection by foids whatever my self esteem is. :forcedsmile::blackpill::blackpill:

My biggest doubter was my mother, now in her old age she always asks me for help. I've withdrawn my helpful services and tell her to fuck off. Wtf is a spastic btw?

My biggest doubter was my mother, now in her old age she always asks me for help. I've withdrawn my helpful services and tell her to fuck off. Wtf is a spastic btw?

it's hard to live without a crutch or genuine support, i know that feel.

people used to give me superficial support before, the kind of support you'd give to every kid, but when they saw what i'd turned into eventually, they just left me to my devices as if to say that I'm not worth even that superficial support anymore. i don't think anybody has ever truly believed in me. it wasn't outright bullying, it was a slow departure as they realized that I'm nothing worth looking forward to. Even if it was all superficial.

in school and highschool it WAS bullying though, I'm mostly just talking about the situation at home.

people had high-expectations of me as a child. I don't need to say how life oaring to the opposite direction was the turn out.