Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Do you guys actually believe that IQ is an accurate measure of intelligence?

sauruman24

sauruman24

Kill all whores
-
Well, I don't, I thought everyone was just joking :feelsokman:

It's an indicator but not an exact measure

Coping questions

Absolutely yes

It depends on the test. Taking a standardized test (which very few have done, with a much deeper analysis, from linguistics to spatial vision and logic) is not the same as solving visual patterns on the Internet.

Pattern recognition is a sign of intelligence in all animals. You need it to make connections with pieces of information you learn, for example.

it strongly correlates with academic, professional and economic success.

You won't find IMO medalists with low IQs.

Besides, it encompasses what most people agree that composes intelligence (memory, pattern recognition spatial reasoning, verbal reasoning and etc)

Pattern recognition is a sign of intelligence in all animals. You need it to make connections with pieces of information you learn, for example.
And most humans can do that?

Yeah, that's a sign of intelligence, I meant *accurately* measuring ones ACTUAL intelligence

And most humans can do that?
Up to a certain point. That's what IQ is supposed to measure.
Yeah, that's a sign of intelligence, I meant *accurately* measuring ones ACTUAL intelligence
Well it seems to correlate with success in everything people associate with intelligence.

It's not exactly accurate, but somewhat accurate when applying to a societal level. Shithole countries and communities have low IQ, even niggers living in white community with white education score lower.

it strongly correlates with academic, professional and economic success.

You won't find IMO medalists with low IQs.

Besides, it encompasses what most people agree that composes intelligence (memory, pattern recognition spatial reasoning, verbal reasoning and etc)
Einstein was dyslexic and had bad memory, but his IQ was still estimated to be around 160. Fluid reasoning is the most important one.