Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Do u think misery, loneliness and depression becomes addictive after a while?

glowIntheDark

glowIntheDark

I who have never known foids
★★★
I know this might be a strange question to ask but I was thinking yesterday rotting in my room as one does that there are many times that I have various avenues to change my current life situation (NOT RELATED TO DATING IF THERE WAS AN AVENUE TO DATING I WOULD TAKE IT I M REFERRING TO CAREER , SUCESS, FRIENDS, ACHIEVEMENTS) but I simply don't choose them

Like perhaps as painful as it might be if I try to truly go out of my way I might end up making some friends.
Or if instead of waking up late everyday if just for one night I sleep on time I might not feel tired that day
Or if I actually put my mind to it and study just enough I might actually get a decent gpa

Perhaps I like dwelling in isolation in depression and misery?

Perhaps in it's own strange way these negative emotions have become addictive and I prefer being a lonely miserable sod with 0 ambitions as I take some strange absurd comfort in it?

I know this might be a strange question to ask but I was thinking yesterday rotting in my room as one does that there are many times that I have various avenues to change my current life situation (NOT RELATED TO DATING IF THERE WAS AN AVENUE TO DATING I WOULD TAKE IT I M REFERRING TO CAREER , SUCESS, FRIENDS, ACHIEVEMENTS) but I simply don't choose them

Like perhaps as painful as it might be if I try to truly go out of my way I might end up making some friends.
Or if instead of waking up late everyday if just for one night I sleep on time I might not feel tired that day
Or if I actually put my mind to it and study just enough I might actually get a decent gpa

Perhaps in it's own strange way these negative emotions have become addictive and I prefer being a lonely miserable sod with 0 ambitions as I take some strange absurd comfort in it?
like a moth to the flame, as you burn, you only feel relief :soy::soy::soy:

like a moth to the flame, as you burn, you only feel relief :soy::soy::soy:
males sense to me. Pain can get pretty addictive. Perhaps because self pity is more comfortable than the risk of failure

i just think any attempts at self improvement are ultimately futile for an incel

I actually don't like feeling happy, I don't know if that's weird or not, like being "happy" just feels weird too me, even when I sometimes smile my face feels weird and I cringe so hard.

I don't even know if I'm actually happy sometimes

I actually don't like feeling happy, I don't know if that's weird or not, like being "happy" just feels weird too me, even when I sometimes smile my face feels weird and I cringe so hard.
when i catch myself smiling or smth im reminded of my subhuman looks and quickly snap out of it

Yeah this guy gets it.

I also feel awkward and out of body as if something is deeply wrong with me when I feel happy or any strong emotions really

Turns out I was like this since a kid. My grandmother used to tell me - That when I was a kid I was very strange cuz I would barely laugh or cry like other kids. Just stare of into the distance. My father was convinced I was mentally retarded lol

Am always in state of eternal disillusionment

tbh i do think that pain and suffering are not the same thing
you can be in a lot of pain but not suffer if you get me
however, when I think what we are up against, in terms of life outcomes and stuff, I dont even see a logical way to progress
like, i am not hopeless emotionally, its just that I dont see any reasonable way to fix anything or do anything
i really wish i was not like this, i fucking hate not being able to sleep or do shit
i hate this state but i cant fix it, there is nothing i can do
its not an ambition issue or motivaiton issue, i have enough of that

Yeah this guy gets it.

I also feel awkward and out of body as if something is deeply wrong with me when I feel happy or any strong emotions really

Turns out I was like this since a kid. My grandmother used to tell me - That when I was a kid I was very strange cuz I would barely laugh or cry like other kids. Just stare of into the distance. My father was convinced I was mentally retarded lol
autism

Not really I think we just end up accepting our fate. I’d rather be with other people and be happy but I know I’ll never have that

Yeah it's odd. My life is much quieter than it used to be. A part of me wishes I could have a new period of my life of having a good social life, but then... if that happens... maybe I'm worried I might forget the old times or something? And I like those memories.

So I guess it's complicated. But I do think it's good to try to move on and to try to step out of that comfort zone and make your life better :)

tbh i do think that pain and suffering are not the same thing
you can be in a lot of pain but not suffer if you get me
however, when I think what we are up against, in terms of life outcomes and stuff, I dont even see a logical way to progress
like, i am not hopeless emotionally, its just that I dont see any reasonable way to fix anything or do anything
i really wish i was not like this, i fucking hate not being able to sleep or do shit
i hate this state but i cant fix it, there is nothing i can do
its not an ambition issue or motivaiton issue, i have enough of that
So much of success and popularity and just being a NT in society boils down to the parents u were born to , environment u were raised in, genetic quality of ur parents sperm and ova

It's depressing just how predetermined the circumstances of ur life is

Yeah it's odd. My life is much quieter than it used to be. A part of me wishes I could have a new period of my life of having a good social life, but then... if that happens... maybe I'm worried I might forget the old times or something? And I like those memories.

So I guess it's complicated. But I do think it's good to try to move on and to try to step out of that comfort zone and make your life better :)
u r one of the few optimistcels I hv found on this forum lol

No you are fair and wise to ask this question. An answer is YES, those who are wicked continue in their wickedness, those that were burnt will rationalize their sorrow, but those who run away from there problems are like black ooz in one half and human in another, they have form, but the hatred, grief, misery eats at the body as a swarm of fish to a dead body.
The wicked are the embodiment of contradiction,
those in sorrow desire relief.

When its not obtained the thoughts eat themselves
and eat the person.
Therefore, yes you can love misery and act in accordance with it.
fish live in the sea to breath and have its being,
man needs air to survive and space to act.

In solitude if one breeds it into being makes an environment for himself.

Insanity comes from contradiction of thought, emotion and action;

When this happens an environment must be made for this kind of character.

Delusion→illusion→self-deciet→denial→Insanity

Last edited:
No you are fair and wise to ask this question. An answer is YES, those who are wicked continue in their wickedness, those that were burnt will rationalize their sorrow, but those who run away from there problems are like black ooz in one half and human in another, they have form, but the hatred, grief, misery eats at the body as a swarm of fish to a dead body.
The wicked are the embodiment of contradiction,
those in sorrow desire relief.
When its not obtained the thoughts eat themselves
and eat the person.
Therefore, yes you can love misery and act in accordance with it.
fish live in the sea to breath and have its being,
man needs air to survive and space to act.

In solitude if one breeds it into being makes an environment for himself.

Insanity comes from contradiction of thought, emotion and action;

When this happens an environment must be made for this kind of character.

Delusion→illusion→self-deciet→denial→Insanity
If u wrote this on ur own damn ur introspective wise brocel.

Think it's more like this:
Giving up hope is freeing, you suffer less. Allowing yourself to hope again puts back the burden of expectations, sets you up for painful failure once more. It's like finding a slightly less uncomfortable room in hell and staying in there because trying to improve your situation further has a 999/1000 chance of only making everything worse once again. Or at least that's what it feels like.

When you suffer miserably over and over again, there comes a point where you simply don't want to try any more. It's not a rational or concious decision, it's more a Pavlovian instinct, a panic that arises inside you because life has taught you that the thing that follows next after you let hope and ambition take over is misery, humiliation and pain.

u r one of the few optimistcels I hv found on this forum lol

lol thanks! I try to stay positive. There's a lot in life I think and usually you can find at least something out there that makes you feel good.

you create your own "comfort zone" because of the mistreatment you have received by normies and foids. Being isolated will just seem much better in comparison. Also iam a realistic thinker so being depressed and miserable is just a consequence of that.

Yes, loneliness and misery becomes the only thing you know, your only friend, and the only thing you are familiar with. Happiness and love will become foreign and extremely abstract

Think it's more like this:
Giving up hope is freeing, you suffer less. Allowing yourself to hope again puts back the burden of expectations, sets you up for painful failure once more. It's like finding a slightly less uncomfortable room in hell and staying in there because trying to improve your situation further has a 999/1000 chance of only making everything worse once again. Or at least that's what it feels like.

When you suffer miserably over and over again, there comes a point where you simply don't want to try any more. It's not a rational or concious decision, it's more a Pavlovian instinct, a panic that arises inside you because life has taught you that the thing that follows next after you let hope and ambition take over is misery, humiliation and pain.
hmm fear of failure

Yes, loneliness and misery becomes the only thing you know, your only friend, and the only thing you are familiar with. Happiness and love will become foreign and extremely abstract

Brutal. I was about to say something on those lines too, but you've articulated the matter very well.

No it gets tiring after a while. Unlike other cels on here I still try to improve for myself and God because it makes me happier than rotmaxxing.

Depression is kinda soothing tbh