Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Do people really have passion for stuff? Or is it just a normie meme to cope with grim reality?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
I'm so tired of not having any true interests or passions. My greatest wish is to find one thing and be able to pour myself into it, to enjoy doing it for hours and hours without end.

Everybody keeps talking about passions, interests, loving what you do etc... And I haven't experienced that. I know that most people do live boring lives and aren't satisfied, but some people do seem to actually like what they do. Were they just the lucky ones? Or are they full of shit?

I'd be happy even if I had a passion for some boring, useless shit. Like this guy, "Settled", playing runescape on super autism mode were he cripples himself and he still spent tens of thousands of hours completing the game, only to do it all over again on an even harder, self-imposed difficulty. Even if I had a passion for some stupid shit like that I'd be happy, but I don't.

I like learning languages and reading novels tbh. But I can't make that a solid career. I'm studying STEM in uni but I hate it. I gotta be honest, I'm in it for the money and that's all.

I don't think having a passion is a normie thing. It's just harder for incels to have one cuz most of us lack grit and motivation and we have less options. I'd recommend finding a passion because it will give you a purpose and should make you happier to some extent. I wouldn't recommend having a passion for playing a video game though. Ik it's generic but one example of a pasion is learning guitar, especially if it doesn't sound interesting to you, because once you become good at it and you do start to find it interesting, then it's even more rewarding. And it can lead to you starting passions with other things. An example of a passion from personal experience is coding. When I started learning coding at college I hated it, I was sh*t at it and found it boring, but because I kept on doing it for a long time, once I finally became good at it, it was so rewarding and now I love coding and now I do it in my free time.

Just start doing something new, even if it doesn't sound interesting to begin with, and once you stick with it, you'll start to find it fun.

ASD can affect a person’s ability to interact with the world around them and lead to repetitive behaviours or a narrow range of interests and activities.

I tried doing a lot of stuff actually but I lose interest in everything very easily. Mostly because I fucking fail horribly and it's not like I'm not motivated or don't put in any effort. But If I practice a skill continuously for long periods of time I demand to see an improvement otherwise what the fuck is the point. I don't have any skills... Drawing, nope... 2 years wasted on that gay shit. And believe me I fucking tried, k? Gaming? Not good enough... Streaming? No, I am shit at articulating myself on a fly, besides I doubt anybody would want to watch me and I'm too high inhib for that shit anyways. Fucking idk, music didn't work, video editing, nope... Fuck what else is fucking there. Writing? Nah. Tried that seriously too, I suck at that shit as well. I fucking suck at everything. The only talent I have is a talent to fail everything I fucking do. Such a useful talent ha, fucking scammed. It hurts so much not being good at fucking anything.

Oh well...

I am really passionate about making stories and writing. Also I am trying to create table-top game. People at playtests dig it.

I also sincerely like video games and cartoons. Not just like content, but like art.

I know exactly what I want from life and why do I live. But inceldom ruins everything.

I like vistas and dystopic novels, but those are hobbies,not my passion.

You can't be passionate if you have subhuman looks

Its hard to have passion for things if u have no talents, and i suck at everything :feelsrope:

I used to be passionate about a few things when I was a teenager...but now....I basically only have a passion for sleep...I’m assuming it’s depression....Idk.

Many wageslaves do not have passions.

They go home spend time with their wives and kids and watch tv.

It's a really pathetic life and many are depressed out of their minds, the people who give this advice rarley apply it themselves.

I'd be happy even if I had a passion for some boring, useless shit. Like this guy, "Settled", playing runescape on super autism mode were he cripples himself and he still spent tens of thousands of hours completing the game, only to do it all over again on an even harder, self-imposed difficulty.

Unironically watching that guy rn. Used to be on a similar path as him. Grinded out a lot of stuff on a HCIM, nolifed a 99 in less than a month (the first one in my entire life and I had been playing since 2005.) Died due to DC and just laid in my filth doing nothing for months after losing it all. I think when it comes down to Runescape/MMO coping it gives a false sense of progression. Your number got higher, your life may be completely down the toilet, but hey, that 99 sure looks good on your account. Or that rare item. Or... whatever. Anyway, that sense of progression is addictive to people who cannot achieve that same feeling IRL, but is so much more devastating to lose.

As for hobbies... I think you can be genuinely passionate about them. The hard part is sticking with them, especially when you hate yourself and suck at them. Used to artistcel. Everyday I wish I stopped playing stupid fucking video games and focused on drawing when I was a teenager. I can imagine these beautiful, intricate scenes in my head but I cannot physically reciprocate them. It is infuriating.

idk man. it's hard most days. some days I tell myself I'm passionate about something, that I can dedicate my life to "art" and give my life meaning, but at the end of the day its just a cope and I'm biding my time. it's all so tiresome.

I'm passionate about not stepping on or smelling cat shit.

Alas. I am sol.

I'm so tired of not having any true interests or passions. My greatest wish is to find one thing and be able to pour myself into it, to enjoy doing it for hours and hours without end.

Everybody keeps talking about passions, interests, loving what you do etc... And I haven't experienced that. I know that most people do live boring lives and aren't satisfied, but some people do seem to actually like what they do. Were they just the lucky ones? Or are they full of shit?

I'd be happy even if I had a passion for some boring, useless shit. Like this guy, "Settled", playing runescape on super autism mode were he cripples himself and he still spent tens of thousands of hours completing the game, only to do it all over again on an even harder, self-imposed difficulty. Even if I had a passion for some stupid shit like that I'd be happy, but I don't.
Firing shade on area restricted iron man mode

I have some hobbies I dearly love. I wouldn't be engaged with them as much if I had a reasonable relationship with a woman. Or maybe, after a while, I would. I know fellow hobbyists who have confined their activities to a shed in the backyard. Scholarly, erudite men, out in the shed, not so unheard of to be in the company of items with few or no peers.

Same tbh.
I've tried SO many things but none of them were able to hold my attention for longer than a few weeks at best.
I've tried various musical genres (such as Jazz or Black Metal), various classical composers (such as Mozart, Bach, Wagner), I've tried various video game genres (RPGs, Point and Click Adventure Games), various novels, various religions, various series / genres (fantasy), various interests such as Futurism/Cyberpunk, "The Space" and Astronomy, Atheism/Evolution/Biology, I've tried to be a Weeb, tried meditation, fitness, etc.

All things were pretty nice for a while but after a while it's just ... ah.

The only good thing probably was cooking. Food + internet at night is still as good as it gets. There is nothing better than eating a lot of food and browsing the internet. This doesn't mean that nothing better exists. QUITE THE OPPOSITE. But for my shitty life ... I just don't have anything better. Everything is just so dull. Sooner or later. Usually sooner. It's all like without taste, like a food that isn't seasoned.

The other day I started reading a book about Mozart. Now I'm on page 45 (out of 500) and I already feel like putting it aside again and do something else.

Or I bought Red Dead Redemption 2 plus printed guide etc. I buy the most expensive editions of video games plus the printed gaming guides ....... but I never finish those games because they all suck and are all boring. And what the fuck is it with those stronk womyn in the game and the fucking feminists!? Fuck that shit.

I got a passionfor watching anime, playing piano and animating.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back