Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory No such thing as self love. You only love yrslf as much as people have (consistently) allowed it throught your entire life.

Lookslikeit

Lookslikeit

Officer
★★★★★
I hate it, with a burning passion, whenever someone calls out this "you can only be loved as much as you allow yourself to love you first" BS.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING. Especially how were treated when you were a child (in the love department that is) is how you WILL see yourself from them on, and there is NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. ZERO.

We are not cheetas, leopards, tigers, lions or wtvtf big cat you can name. We NEED other people to dictate our self worth, in more ways than we would like to, also.

We wouldnt even know how to SHIT in the right place if it werent for other people telling us how at some point. Thats when a green light should enter the minds and kinds of these normies who talk about this self love BS.

We learn vehemently (like 95%) through example and/or dictations of what we should behave, act and expect from others AND OURSELVES. But normies want to bury that last part.

True. Self love and confidence are nothing but the products of positive reinforcement

The people who talk about self love are often the same ones who post their entire life on social media and are addicted to getting affirmation from that. We are what society makes us.

They also conveniently overlook how depressed, self-hating normies end up in relationships all the time.

Very based. We are naturally social and monogamous animals, and as such, need acceptance of others from our species to survive. This means love women others too.

The wolf is another social, monogamous animal. Young wolves may stay with his initial pack, but they generally leave to find a partner and form his own pack.

These examples disprove the "you need to love yourself first" gaslighting.

I would only love myself if i woke up looking like Sean O'Pry, otherwise it doesn't apply