Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Do employers ask for references in job interviews?

Reclusemaxxer

Reclusemaxxer

-
Do employers ask for references in job interviews I gotta start lying about my work experience telling the truth is not doing me any good anybody here got experience with lying about their work history in interviews ?

Where do you plan on working?

yes, employers asked me during interviews. They tell me to send my references through email, or if I already fill in a form they will see from there. If my references do not call back and vouch for me, they want my pay stub from previous places I have worked for to verify that I worked for the companies that I said I work for. I just think this whole process is bullshit because some references I have are bad because it comes from stupid company HR teams or a shitty manager. A shitty reference can give you a hard time moving to different jobs.

I think it's kind of an American thing.
In Europe most employers don't care about such things, although they may contact your previous workplace if they consider you to be suspicious.

If it's an entry level job most likely they won't do it because if you have 1 year of experience or less they will give you training anyway, it's expected that you won't know much about the job. Also for HR it's a hassle to call a company that maybe doesn't exist anymore, or your supervisor doesn't work there anymore/remember you or maybe they don't answer the phone at all. I had some (failed) job interviews and in my CV I lied about past experience but they never called the place.

If it's for a manager position in that case yes it's worth for them to ask for references and verify them because a bad manager can fuck up the company or department, but for others it would be very rare to verify if your working experience is real...

You must be a very good actor to lie to an experienced employers. Also they probably ask you for proofs

Reference checks are rare, happened to me only once. They will call your previous manager and talk about you, so make sure you've left on a good terms. They do it before extending an offer, so you can just tell them something like "thanks for your time, but another opportunity pop up".

Other thing is background checks. These happen quite often after the offer is extended. These aren't problem unless you've lied on your CV or commit felonies. In this case offer is legally binding and they can't rescind it unless some hardcore stuff pops up.

Some times they do it only for looks. Once Ice signed background check form with scary warnings like "lying on this page is a felony under yada-yada law", they did not check shit there. I know.