Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Based Court records: Female federal prosecutor poorly managed sentencing of New York incel "Smooth" Sanchez in bomb threat case

PPEcel

PPEcel

cope and seethe
★★★★★
Capture 42c69ab2 f665 4f80 b2f9 e8e05ccc9e1d

It's been a while since the actual case transpired, I know—but the transcript of Malik "Smooth" Sanchez's sentencing hearing was only unsealed earlier this month. While we did know the result of the proceeding, we didn't know exactly the result unfolded. That's because federal district courts have a habit of sealing transcripts for at least 90 days before they are made available to the public via CM/ECF.

See my previous thread on this case here:

By the time Sanchez's sentencing hearing rolled around on April 6th, 2022, it was undeniable that he had indeed threatened to blow up a restaurant in Manhattan whilst livestreaming on YouTube. The fight was over his punishment: Assistant U.S. Attorney Kaylan Lasky asked Judge Colleen McMahon to sentence Sanchez up to 14 months in federal prison, followed by three years' supervision; whereas Federal Defender Clay Kaminsky requested a sentence of supervision only.

For starters, the prosecution and the defense couldn't come to an agreement over the calculation of the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines. For those unfamiliar with federal criminal sentencing, defendants are assigned a "criminal history category" ranging from Level I for those with little or no prior criminal record, and Level VI for the most hardened career criminals. Naturally, the Guidelines advise more lenient sentences for lower-level defendants, because those with no prior run-ins with the law have significantly better rehabilitative prospects.

599176 cd7b6b4968f13b03bde67e40e2969ac8

AUSA Lasky (pictured here), pointing to an incident where Sanchez was arrested for scaling the Queensboro bridge and pepper spraying the pedestrians below, argued that the disorderly conduct conviction should increase Sanchez's criminal history category to Level II, because it was "similar to" the bomb threat charge Sanchez currently faced. See U.S.S.G. § 4A1.2(c)(1)(B). She reasoned that because Sanchez was livestreaming on both occasions, both climbing bridges and bomb threats are "similar" offenses.

That argument was of little merit, of course. As Sanchez's attorney correctly pointed out, disorderly conduct is a violation—the lowest category of crime under the New York Penal Law Code; not even a misdemeanor. It is in no way "similar to" a bomb threat, a much more serious crime: a federal felony carrying a maximum sentence of five years' imprisonment.

And when pressed for precedent to defend her argument, AUSA Lasky failed to present one, leading to this interesting exchange between her and Judge McMahon:

Screenshot 2022 09 24 204905
Trp. excerpt p.12

Bruh moment :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek: L for the feds

What's even more fascinating about the entire hullabaloo over the Sentencing Guidelines calculation was that, for Sanchez, the difference between an adjudication of criminal history category Level II (as opposed to Level I) would have resulted in...a recommendation of a mere extra two months in prison. That's right. If you didn't know, the Federal Sentencing Guidelines are advisory and have not bound federal judges' sentencing decisions since United States v. Booker, 543 U.S. 220 (2005).

My point? Well, it's obvious that AUSA Lasky really, really had it out for Sanchez.

After losing the argument over the Guidelines calculation, AUSA Lasky continued to press for a prison sentence because, in her words, Sanchez was "spouting Incel ideology" and traumatized two femoids to whom his threat was addressed.

Screenshot 2022 09 24 211012
Trp. excerpt p. 15

Muh scary inkwells, am I right? :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:

As I pointed out in my earlier thread, the fact that a criminal defendant claims to be an incel is not a compelling reason to issue a harsher sentence than a similarly situated non-incel defendant. And as we all know, Judge McMahon ultimately ruled against AUSA Lasky and decided against any prison time, sentencing Sanchez to supervision instead. This is the judicial branch of government doing exactly what its supposed to: checking the executive branch.

Last edited:
holy fukck femlids are stupid nothinfg new free myboy smotth sanchez brocel hendidntphin hed hedid he did gnotubng he did nothing wroiunf free my boy smooth king sanchez based posyt goges to shpw hpw retareded fefauls are

can you tldr?

he had a really bad personality so they extended his sentence

"Muh empathetic gender :soy: :foidSoy:"
Also, she was really clutching at straws with that "incel ideologies" comment, wtf. A true toilet meltdown moment :feelskek:

just read pls idk how to distill legal proceedings into one sentence.
You already did...
can you tldr?
"the fact that a criminal defendant claims to be an incel is not a compelling reason to issue a harsher sentence"

That's the summation. Ok good.

What I just did is called "editing". @PPEcel - I'll send you an invoice for "services rendered" :feelsclown:

Last edited:
just read pls idk how to distill legal proceedings into one sentence

Best not to even respond to these low iq retards, just ignore their stupid comment and put them on your block list to avoid having to deal with furthER stupidity in the future

But in my honest opinion, permaban is bettER. It sets the precedent for people with a basic iq level to post here and interact with our community, so that we can actually have valuable discussion instead of be filled with retards who are just here for memes, jokes and entERtainment

sanchez was unfathomably based :feelsLSD:

ITcunt BTFO :ahegao:
dumb bitch should never be allowed to practice law again. also she deserves rape

Last edited:
Best not to even respond to these low iq retards, just ignore their stupid comment and put them on your block list to avoid having to deal with furthER stupidity in the future

But in my honest opinion, permaban is bettER. It sets the precedent for people with a basic iq level to post here and interact with our community, so that we can actually have valuable discussion instead of be filled with retards who are just here for memes, jokes and entERtainment
nah im too nice to perma anyone except for fakecels and wannabe kiddie fiddlers

nice read, not surprised about some dumb femoid who probably got her degree by fucking her professors fumbling a case

and wanting 14 months prison? i swear i've seen femoid teachers have sex with their underage students gets less time jfl @ this joke of a legal system

Only in US they would waste so much energy and resources for such a stupid issue. This should've never gone to court

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back