Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Confidence CANNOT be acquired , it has to be recieved from society

Pouuop

Pouuop

Recruit
★★★★★
Just fucking lol @ the sperglords who think you can somehow " acquire " confidence

Confidence CANNOT be acquired

Confidence and self esteem comes from years and years of positive reinforcement from society , females giving you attention , teachers in middleschool telling you you're cute , sports teacher putting you as one of the top players in the team , people generally treating you like a superior human being

You're fucking delusional if you think an incel can watch a few PUA videos and somehow be confident , its all fake , its all an act , the moment a true confident chad will appear in his circle his fake confidence will shatter to thousand pieces  exposing his true incel self esteem

Confidence comes from your genetics.

obviously, but when you are desperate you are prone to fall into the pua trap

I am guilty of this

may Allah the merciful forgive my sins

Exactly this. I posted this multiple times on /r/Incels: The myth of confidence

Confidence is merely a byproduct of success. You need some kind of social/sexual/romantic success before you can have genuine confidence. Confidence without success is delusional and/or dishonest, thus fake, and others will quickly recognize it as such. Here’s why: It’s not really the confidence itself that people are attracted to. Confidence is merely what results when someone has the qualities that are really attracting us. Obviously, if someone is good-looking, or wealthy, or funny & quick-witted, others will be attracted to them. This, in turn, will give them confidence.

Pouuop said:
You're fucking delusional

That's what you have to be, to become confident without positive reinforcement and experiences. Some mentalcels might be able to pull it off.

If you try hard you can emulate confidence. It's not like it will do you any good anyway. Good looking people are naturally confident and they don't actively try to act like it.

Copefidence only works if the foid is already attracted to your looks. You must then copefidently game your way into the pussy. If you're nothing to write home about regarding your looks, and you're not copefident with your game, you will fail to secure the pussy. Another orbiter will snatch it up.

incelman said:
If you try hard you can emulate confidence. It's not like it will do you any good anyway. Good looking people are naturally confident and they don't actively try to act like it.

If you're ugly it's just going to be "wtf is this creep doing".
If you're not completely ugly, you can emulate confience as in, you can lie on a job interview when asked about having experience with something. It falls apart when you actually have to start working. It's the say when she finds out you're an incel because of say lack of social media activity, it's over.
Experience teaches us that people who are confident have a good reason to be confident.

SwansonSamsonite said:
If you're not completely ugly, you can emulate confience as in, you can lie on a job interview when asked about having experience with something. It falls apart when you actually have to start working. It's the say when she finds out you're an incel because of say lack of social media activity, it's over.
Experience teaches us that people who are confident have a good reason to be confident.

Trying to get laid is a good reason to get confident. Besides, you can hide information such as your last name form her so that she doesn't find you on social media.

My favorite advice was "just fake being confident until you are confident"
Lol that's like saying "just fake happiness until you're happy"

You're right. There is a reason why the only time an incel is confident is when narcissism is involved (Elliot).

incelman said:
SwansonSamsonite said:
If you're not completely ugly, you can emulate confience as in, you can lie on a job interview when asked about having experience with something. It falls apart when you actually have to start working. It's the say when she finds out you're an incel because of say lack of social media activity, it's over.
Trying to get laid is a good reason to get confident. Besides, you can hide information such as your last name form her so that she doesn't find you on social media.

This lol. Who even uses their real name on social media?

whogivesafucc said:
This lol. Who even uses their real name on social media?

Who uses his real name on girls?

incelman said:

"Add me on facebook anon"
What then? This is probably the first thing that happens if she is interested.

SwansonSamsonite said:

Is this based on actual experience or you assume it?

incelman said:

It's not natural.
It's being constantly told how good they look, whichin turn gives them cibnfidence, which amplifies their SMV.
If you lok good, society wil give yo u the confidence to slay pussy left and right.

Wearacombl said:
It's not natural.
It's being constantly told how good they look, whichin  turn gives them cibnfidence, which amplifies their SMV.
If you lok good, society wil give yo u the confidence to slay pussy left and right.

Confidence doesn't exist anyway. It's just self awareness.

incelman said:

This ^^^

Ugly people cannot have confidence, they can only have resolve.

Feigning confidence when you're an incel is extremely mentally taxing and hardly worth whatever minute changes might occur. Maybe someone is a bit nicer or more responsive to you throughout the day, big whoop. 

It'll never get you what you truly want and need, and sooner or later it all comes crashing down on you anyway.

incelman said:

one of the most legit things Iv ever read

new sig tbh

incelman said:
SwansonSamsonite said:
Is this based on actual experience or you assume it?
Friends'/acquaintances' experience.

SwansonSamsonite said:
Friends'/acquaintances' experience.

You have to manipulate the conversation if you want to get laid

Pouuop said:
Just fucking lol @ the sperglords who think you can somehow " acquire " confidenceConfidence and self esteem comes from years and years of positive reinforcement from society , females giving you attention , teachers in middleschool telling you you're cute , sports teacher putting you as one of the top players in the team , people generally treating you like a superior human being

I think you are confusing confidence with validation. I'm plenty confident in the things I'm good at only because I believe I have accurately gauged my abilities. This gives you the ability to perform, and THEN receive validation, which doesn't really feed an established confident state.

It's more like checks and balances

(you could say that my internal metric regarding quality was informed by outside opinion, though)

I like how the normtards expect us to pull it out of our asses like it's nothing. They have a hard time putting themselves in other peoples' shoes because they were validated for their whole lives.

Pouuop said:
Just fucking lol @ the sperglords who think you can somehow " acquire " confidence

Confidence CANNOT be acquired

Confidence and self esteem comes from years and years of positive reinforcement from society , females giving you attention , teachers in middleschool telling you you're cute , sports teacher putting you as one of the top players in the team , people generally treating you like a superior human being

Faking confidence can be done. However, things like body language and tone are very subtle and hard to control. Theoretically it is possible, but you can only bridge so much of the gap.