Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Can Somebody Explain Gundam

Chimecho

Chimecho

Greycel
Hey, I’ve been getting videos of Gundam and I’ve started to develop an interest in it.

I’ve been starting from the original series, *[Where the Gundam looks similar to Optimus Prime] and have enjoyed the animation and exceedingly the sound effects.

I am tempted to do some models, *[Battletech or large models] as a thing. I’m not sure if it has a popular base but would like some suggestions anecdotes.

Gundams are nice but i dont know where to start

Yeah exactly I’m not sure where to start to a pretty damn large extent.

First thing first, I’m starting from Gundam Mobile Suit. But from there forward who knows.

Seems to be a large franchise

Robots, explosions, waifus and shit is it really that hard to understand? :feelstrash::feelsahh:

What's to explain? I mean, it's about giant robots that fight shit.

Not particularly complex. Not like it's Evangelion or something.

I tried watching it but it was boring AF. Actually i cant remember if it was Gundam or ghost in a shell i saw.

What is that?

Isn't it like those giant weeb robots that fly around fighting each other or some shit

Here's the anime guide:

I don't know anything about gunpla, though. I've also been thinking about making a model or two but I haven't got around to it.

Original>Z Gundam>ZZ Gundam>Char's Counterattack
Those are the only ones you need to watch in order. From there you can just watch whatever you want.

Just watch in the following orders
Original
Zeta
ZZ(Although now considered non canon)
Char's Counter Attack
Unicorn
Rest are all interquels/spinoffs/prequels that happens in UC timeline which is a generations long robot space opera epic that tells the war between Earth and Spacenoids aka space colonialists.
Alternative timelines can be watched without any prior knowledge(Just remember that anything named Gundam will be super special and MC and his friends will have a super special mutation in most series and almost always it will be a earth vs space colonialist plot. They expect this to be common knowledge even to newcomers)
Original>Z Gundam>ZZ Gundam>Char's Counterattack
Those are the only ones you need to watch in order. From there you can just watch whatever you want.
I'd say Unicorn too. It's for now considered finale for the UC timeline. Well until the new series comes.

Last edited: