Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion As an incel it's so easy to lose reputation with someone but so difficult to gain it

SnakeCel

SnakeCel

Disciple Of Saint Hamudi
★★
For the purposes of this post, the definition of the word "reputation" that I am using right now is the one that refers to "someone's relationship/repertoire with X subject", as opposed to the definition that refers to "someone's general identity within a community or how they are seen by the general public".

Yes, I'm sure half of you will say "Uh you should just live for yourself and not for anyone else's approval", but the reality is that we live in a world with petty ass normies who don't give a shit about whether you want their approval or not, in order to interact or get something from them they will require you to have a positive reputation with them. The real world expects you do interact with people and for things like work, school, hell even family and friends, one must establish a reputation with them.

And as an incel, it is supremely difficult to gain reputation. Firstly, you have the ever-present horns effect, which is an automatic debuff. Secondly, if you're non-NT you can't even interact with them the same way that most normies can, so that's another disadvantage. Thirdly, the people you are interacting with usually have a stupidly high bar for you to pass due to modern standards, such as social media which feeds into the massive egos of most normalscum. So all these things are stacked against you and you cannot ever win.

Even if you work for years or know someone for years to get a good repertoire with them, it seems like nothing compared to the reputations that other people have with them. You could even be related to the person and the other guys they know will have a better relationship with the person than you do. And on top of it all, it is insanely easy to lose that reputation with the person which you worked so hard to get. You could say just a few words that piss them off, and if you are an incel, they find it very hard to forgive you, and they could just instantly cast you off if they so choose, and due to lookism many times they will. Normies will say it's all personality, but the halo effect affords people like Chad many more chances and a lot more cushioning or elbow room when it comes to interacting with people. These people will be a lot more likely to forgive Chad if he makes a social "faux pas" or says something that is taboo or that offends them, in general, they are more willing to overlook his flaws. What could be a mortal blow to an incel's reputation with a person, might just be brushed off of the shoulder for Chad.

For trucels such as myself, this occurs even with my own parents. For example, just recently I tried to advise my parents to possibly mediate with my sister (whom they often argue with, and in this moment, had just gotten done arguing with her) and try to maybe go to a group therapy session. It may sound cucked to incels like you guys but trust me, these people need an objective third party to mediate because they make ZERO progress when they're trying to discuss something with each other, they just go in circles with emotional manipulation and yelling tactics.
Anyway, I should have known better than to offer any advice to these lunatics, because my mother immediately took offense to me saying anything at all about it (even though when they have an issue with me, they make it everyone's business), and of course you could instantly tell I lost reputation points with my mother for that comment. It was like a popup in a video game appeared in the corner of my vision and said "Reputation with Mother: -2 Points" kek.
Admittedly that was pretty stupid, it will serve as a good reminder for me not to go out of my way to assist these people more in the future. If they want to suffer and scream at each other all night I should just let it happen. Maybe one day I will upload an audio recording of it as entertainment to you guys if I remember to next time.

I've felt this. I've had friends who I've known for years cut me off for just one or two little things. I think really these people just look for any excuse to disassociate from the weird incel.

This is true

Normies are prejudiced against you, so if they like you they'll just think of it as being polite, and they'll seize on any chance to dislike you because it confirms their prejudices

Aspire for failure before it hits you, one should go out and seek it, faster than the demiurge could incite such a spiteful hand of fate upon thee.

~Just stick with solitude my man. Best buddies for life.

Last edited:
Figure out your financial situation so you can get out of there. You might not realize it yet, but it's draining to be around those kinds of people. Once you're out of there, you'll have more energy, and you can put that toward improving your situation even more.

Thank you for perfectly describing my condition

“Years of love have been forgot, In the hatred of a minute.”
― Edgar Allan Poe

You can do everything right foryears, but say one thing wrong and they all turn against you

:cryfeels::feelsrope: nothing but facts. Bluepilled cucks will never touch this

All the aspects of your life that stem from your inceldom are red flags to normies.:feelsbaton: Fake it till you fake it bro.

For the purposes of this post, the definition of the word "reputation" that I am using right now is the one that refers to "someone's relationship/repertoire with X subject", as opposed to the definition that refers to "someone's general identity within a community or how they are seen by the general public".

Yes, I'm sure half of you will say "Uh you should just live for yourself and not for anyone else's approval", but the reality is that we live in a world with petty ass normies who don't give a shit about whether you want their approval or not, in order to interact or get something from them they will require you to have a positive reputation with them. The real world expects you do interact with people and for things like work, school, hell even family and friends, one must establish a reputation with them.

And as an incel, it is supremely difficult to gain reputation. Firstly, you have the ever-present horns effect, which is an automatic debuff. Secondly, if you're non-NT you can't even interact with them the same way that most normies can, so that's another disadvantage. Thirdly, the people you are interacting with usually have a stupidly high bar for you to pass due to modern standards, such as social media which feeds into the massive egos of most normalscum. So all these things are stacked against you and you cannot ever win.

Even if you work for years or know someone for years to get a good repertoire with them, it seems like nothing compared to the reputations that other people have with them. You could even be related to the person and the other guys they know will have a better relationship with the person than you do. And on top of it all, it is insanely easy to lose that reputation with the person which you worked so hard to get. You could say just a few words that piss them off, and if you are an incel, they find it very hard to forgive you, and they could just instantly cast you off if they so choose, and due to lookism many times they will. Normies will say it's all personality, but the halo effect affords people like Chad many more chances and a lot more cushioning or elbow room when it comes to interacting with people. These people will be a lot more likely to forgive Chad if he makes a social "faux pas" or says something that is taboo or that offends them, in general, they are more willing to overlook his flaws. What could be a mortal blow to an incel's reputation with a person, might just be brushed off of the shoulder for Chad.

For trucels such as myself, this occurs even with my own parents. For example, just recently I tried to advise my parents to possibly mediate with my sister (whom they often argue with, and in this moment, had just gotten done arguing with her) and try to maybe go to a group therapy session. It may sound cucked to incels like you guys but trust me, these people need an objective third party to mediate because they make ZERO progress when they're trying to discuss something with each other, they just go in circles with emotional manipulation and yelling tactics.
Anyway, I should have known better than to offer any advice to these lunatics, because my mother immediately took offense to me saying anything at all about it (even though when they have an issue with me, they make it everyone's business), and of course you could instantly tell I lost reputation points with my mother for that comment. It was like a popup in a video game appeared in the corner of my vision and said "Reputation with Mother: -2 Points" kek.
Admittedly that was pretty stupid, it will serve as a good reminder for me not to go out of my way to assist these people more in the future. If they want to suffer and scream at each other all night I should just let it happen. Maybe one day I will upload an audio recording of it as entertainment to you guys if I remember to next time.
While making friends and being loved by people is hard, however you don’t even need to meet someone to have an enemy and to be hated on. This is unfair of how the human race works. Humanity is fucked up :feelspuke:

High IQ thread