Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Anyone else mistakenly blame parents for not 'being there' when it was just about looks?

O

onlyamothercanlove

Greycel
Growing up, friendzoned by girls, being told I was a nice guy, getting bullied, and developing low confidence, I went to psychology for answers. It proposed that your problems are attributable to childhood trauma, particularly from parents and family. So, from adolesence onward, I held deep bitterness towards my parents for ‘not being there.’ If girls were saying ‘it’s about confidence and personality,’ it implied I lacked confidence and personality, and that if my parents ‘had only been there more,’ more confidence would have been ingrained in me, and I would have lived happily ever after.

After taking the black pill, I question all of that. A sufficient dive into black pill theory shows that personality is greatly influenced, perhaps even determined, by looks (height is perceived as confident, a normie face is perceived as ‘nice,’ and this is reinforced subconsciously).

I mean, yes, there are arguments that mothers don’t breastfeed enough time to instill the mewing habit in the infant, that parents don’t raise kids to play outside where they can get Vitamin D for their bones to grow, that parents give kids sugary cereal and ice cream instead of beef liver or fish eggs or some other ancestral food. But those things–I can’t fault parents for, because they couldn’t know all this–there were no such internet forums when they had me. They were doing what they could, with the money they had, with the time they had, and they had to put food on the table.

But for me, my allegation was more for, say, my father not teaching me to throw a basketball or just skipping mowing the lawn to have father-son time, things that could have happened but did not.

It just seems to me that there’s this trope, this theme, this meme in society that says: blame your parents. They weren’t there for you and that’s why you’re failing. Seek memories of your childhood trauma, resolve them, and your life will get in order. But in the process it seems to necessarily and logically involve disowning parents. This narrative is everywhere, in cartoons, in a music industry in which corporations wield outsized influence on what’s exposed to the masses, in movies, in cheesy self-help books, in self-improvement memes on social media. In a more, say, hypervigilant view (to put even that lightly) I wonder if this is a narrative being pushed to sow discord and divide the family, and to (further) isolate human beings.

If I was too clingy with girls, psychology proposed I didn’t get enough attention from my mother. If I was bullied by boys, it proposed I didn’t get enough attention from my father. Maybe I was simply too ugly, too short. And now everyday, more and more too old.

Because when I think about it, I had confidence, and a great personality–until the sexually competitive environment known as puberty began. To this day, I’m charismatic in dealing with seniors and with little kids. It’s the stuff in between where people react badly to me. It makes me suspect my social skills aren’t lacking; I just am not attractive in a environment where people are appraising each other on sexual characteristics.

I did a thought experiment of asking, ‘if I were a Chad and had no issues with girls merely based off my looks, would I be the unhappy, miserable person I am now?’ And all I can think is no–I’d probably be a lot happier. Of course, I can’t be sure, as I’m not living two lifetimes.

Some more logic: if black pillers here are similarly unhappy, and social failures are indeed caused by ‘absent parents,’ then one would expect everyone on this forum to have the same kinds of absent parents. Yet I’d wager to say that’s not the case–are there a lot of black pillers who still came from loving homes and families?

What it comes down to is, for all my lack of social success, how much guilt do we cast onto our parents’ shoulders? Ought we be bitter toward them, for not ‘being there' to impart in us confidence? Or should we be grateful, because despite the brutality and the cold-heartedness of the world at large, they gave their best chance, they woke up everyday to labor, they tried–with their own fears and frustrations and lack of resources–to get us alive?

Because if I’ve cast too great a guilt on my parents, then it will be my shoulders that will bear the weight.

i dont blame my parents. i blame my social skills.

Your parents did what they could.
The :blackpill: makes you realize human interaction is mostly determined by looks firstly, then NTness or personality secondly.

My parents cared about me, i would even say a little bit too much :feelshaha:

Last edited:
Me. I blame my parenting to some degree.

If you knew that everything is because of looks they will be jobless.

Lots of very complicated sentences that my incel brain cannot handle.

Anyway, I blame no-one for my fate. I just got unlucky. I try to be grateful for what little I got going for me.

Lots of very complicated sentences that my incel brain cannot handle.

Anyway, I blame no-one for my fate. I just got unlucky. I try to be grateful for what little I got going for me.
Good for you brocel :panties:

dnrd but my parents were really not there, my father left us and and my mother was a narcissist who never really interacted with me. It felt like me and my sister grew up by ourselves while letting a drug addicted narcy live with us

It’s not all about looks, only basement dwellers believe in that

Modern psychology ( scamology ) put all blame on parents and tries to destroy any relations between parents and their children. It's always your or your parents fault, but never society's , elites and those in power fault.

Your parents did what they could.
The :blackpill: makes you realize human interaction is mostly determined by looks firstly, then NTness or personality secondly.

My parents cared about me, i would even say a little bit too much :feelshaha:
Thanks for that.

What did you mean by 'a little bit too much,' that they coddled you?

Modern psychology ( scamology ) put all blame on parents and tries to destroy any relations between parents and their children. It's always your or your parents fault, but never society's , elites and those in power fault.
This is exactly what I'm starting to wonder. Thanks.

Thanks for that.

What did you mean by 'a little bit too much,' that they coddled you?
They were overly protective because my uncle was raped when he was a kid and it marked my father.

Greycel​

JoinedAug 21, 2022Posts3Online1h 15m

It proposed that your problems are attributable to childhood trauma, particularly from parents and family

Mother viewed me as different from her due to my darker pigment.

The only thing your parents did wrong was give you the wrong genes at conception.

Yeah but I didnt force my parents to have 5 kids when they didn't even make any money to support 1 properly and then force us to grow up in shithole ghetto surrounded by drugs violence and evil .

Imo parents just have to give the most amount of love possible they can and do their best to ensure their kids learn a trade. Money is no issue as long as there is food and shelter, even a mud hut and a diet of beans every day is more than enough.

But parents are also responsible for low confidence in certain regards. Example at important milestones in a childs development like at age 6-7 when a child needs constant encouragement to develop confidence in their own talents and hidden treasure. But say one or both parents constantly ridicule and insult the child instead of giving encouragement. Then that messes up the kid because like getting teeth or reaching puberty there are physcological developments that occur and when the window closes for that phase of a childs then it is difficult to build confidence after that.

Thats why I always say who are you really? What does that little voice in you keep saying, what is your dream? Just meditate on that and DO IT and the confidence will come on its own. Just for example

So yes parents can at times mess up their childrens but that is an easy fix if soyciety opens the doors of opportunity for those children to flourish then the confidence will come from that. But if soyciety give you nothing except a kick in the back side then you have to do for self the hard way from scratch.

Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
I went to psychology for answers. It proposed that your problems are attributable to childhood trauma, particularly from parents and family.
not reading your novel,next time put a tldr in the first sentence,but if you're a trucel and you don't blame your parents for the shit you go through you're a :bluepill: beta cuck.
They are responsible for you suffering here because they had the nerve and audacity to breed and spread their shitty genetics.
I didn't fucking asked to be here as a genetically inferior man,i should have never ever existed.