Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

An interesting project we can participate in and all benefit from (cognitive biases).

Knajjd

Knajjd

Major
★★★★★
Here is a Wikipedia page with a list of cognitive biases:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases

The page has a brief description of the bias which I find a bit hard to understand.

Let's take each take a bias from the page and present it in a more easily understand form, along the lines of "Alpah Fuxx, Beta Buxx". Most likely it won't be as succinct as that but as long as it's short, memorable and reflects the bias that will be sufficient.

This will help to increase our intelligence and improve our living situation.

brutal cosmicvippill anyway i start with survivorship bias: foids say that short men can breed too but they do not count the amount of short men cannot breed :foidSoy:

Noble effort, but it would be miracle if you could get just ten people to read the entirety of that wiki page, let alone pick one out of however many to summarize in one line.

Soy is buying a rank here
It's not a rank, just username decoration. I don't think it's soy but I'll reconsider as I might have a cognitive bias.
Noble effort, but it would be miracle if you could get just ten people to read the entirety of that wiki page, let alone pick one out of however many to summarize in one line.
Thanks and it looks that way.

I might do one a day but it's harder than I thought to come up with a short, useful description.

My plan was that once I had a one liner for each bias I would incorporate them all into a single story, making the biases easier to grasp and recall. We don't have looks but we have a mind and we can sharpen it.

My plan was that once I had a one liner for each bias I would incorporate them all into a single story, making the biases easier to grasp and recall. We don't have looks but we have a mind and we can sharpen it.
You don't need to learn all of these. It won't help you think better or make better decisions. If you ever need to wonder those things (quality of thought and decision-making), a bit of introspection can do that for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back