Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

All races are equal bro

Racial inequality is simply a fact of our existence. Observe the case of Justus Grossbier:

Screenshot from 2021 12 17 11 51 39

Notice the subtle redirection. This teacher is clearly aware of racial differences in fluid intelligence.

Screenshot from 2021 12 17 12 57 48

Angela's Bio:

Screenshot from 2021 12 17 12 58 33

Screenshot from 2021 12 17 11 42 10

Screenshot from 2021 12 17 13 04 50

Screenshot from 2021 12 17 13 05 00

Remember:

Untimed Raven's Standard Progressive Matrices (SPM) were administered to 309 17- to 23-year-old students at the University of the Witwatersrand and the Rand Afrikaans University in Johannesburg, South Africa (173 Africans, 136 Whites; 205 women, 104 men). African students solved an average of 44 of the 60 problems whereas White students solved an average of 54 of the problems (p<.001). By the standards of the 1993 US normative sample, the African university students scored at the 14th percentile and the White university students scored at the 61st percentile (IQ equivalents of 84 and 104, respectively). The African–White differences were found to be greater on those items of the SPM with the highest item–total correlations, indicating a difference in g, or the general factor of intelligence. A small sex difference favoring males was found in both the African and the White samples, but unrelated to g.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-12-17 11-39-47.png
    Screenshot from 2021-12-17 11-39-47.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 60
The low PIQ of J.G could've been identified sooner if the liberal label of "racism" had not been placed on intellectual testing:

Screenshot from 2021 12 17 19 45 24

This court finds in favor of plaintiffs, the class of black children who have been or in the future will be wrongly placed or maintained *933 in special classes for the educable mentally retarded, on plaintiffs' statutory and state and federal constitutional claims. In violation of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Education for All Handicapped Children Act of 1975, defendants have utilized standardized intelligence tests that are racially and culturally biased, have a discriminatory impact against black children, and have not been validated for the purpose of essentially permanent placements of black children into educationally dead-end, isolated, and stigmatizing classes for the so-called educable mentally retarded. Further, these federal laws have been violated by defendants' general use of placement mechanisms that, taken together, have not been validated and result in a large over-representation of black children in the special E.M.R. classes.

Defendants' conduct additionally has violated both state and federal constitutional guarantees of the equal protection of the laws. The unjustified toleration of disproportionate enrollments of black children in E.M.R. classes, and the use of placement mechanisms, particularly the I.Q. tests, that perpetuate those disproportions, provide a sufficient basis for relief under the California Constitution. And under the federal Constitution, especially as interpreted by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, it appears that the same result is dictated

Black student GPA rate:

Screenshot from 2021 12 17 20 50 39

Yes, Black students routinely fall into the 'C' average category compared to other races.

23 Black, 203 Hispanic, and 226 White 5–11 yr olds were administered the Bender Visual Motor Gestalt Test (BVMG) and either the WPPSI or WISC—R to investigate ethnic differences on the BVMG and to clarify the effects of intelligence on BVMG performance. ANOVA indicated that there were significant differences among ethnic groups on BVMG performance for 4 age groups (6, 9, 10, and 11 yrs) and for the total sample. In general, Blacks made more errors than did the other ethnic groups, and their scores produced the lowest correlation coefficient with age.

Last edited:
Socially Precocious Behavior Is Expected Of Blacks:

Evidence suggests that teachers treat students differently according to various characteristics, including demographic factors and academic labels. An attempt was made to discover whether teachers' recommendations of punishment would differ according to the students' age, race, gender, IQ level, and type of offense. Punishment was recommended for a hypothetical student in a fighting, a stealing, and a cheating situation.

The results revealed that southern white female teachers generally reported that they would recommend more severe punishment for males than for females and for white males than for black males. It was noted that these results occured despite the fact that teachers differed in age, number of years of teaching experience, grade levels taught, and education level.

The Black students in the sample do not have the intelligence required to understand basic social etiquette. This is understood by all on the political spectrum.

Continuation of the "g" variation theory:

Forward and Backward Digit Span Interaction with Race and IQ: A Longitudinal Developmental Comparison.

Longitudinal data on the auditory forward and backward digit span (FDS and BDS) subtests of the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC) were obtained at five age levels (between 6 and 13), in samples of white and black children. Factor analysis and analysis of variance of the data were conducted to test 5 hypotheses, related to Jensen's Level I - Level II theory: (1) FDS and BDS involve different components of cognitive ability; the former reflects rote learning and memory, the latter reflects complex cognitive processes; (2) BDS is more highly loaded on g, the general intelligence factor, than is FDS; (3) whites and blacks show a larger average difference in BDS than in FDS; (4) the difference between FDS and BDS decreases with increasing age (or mental maturity); and (5) whites and blacks of the same WISC mental age perform the same on both subtests. All of these hypotheses were supported, although results were not always consistent at every age level. (Author/CP)

The Totality of Available Evidence Shows the Race IQ Gap Still Remains

To claim a 4- to 7-point gain for Blacks, Dickens and Flynn chose three independent tests showing medium gains (the Wechsler, Stanford-Binet, and Armed Forces Qualification tests) and relegated to their Appendix B four or more tests showing lesser gains. They excluded the Wonderlic Personnel Test, which they acknowledge showed a gain of only 2.4 points for Blacks between 1970 and 2001. (Dickens and Flynn suggest that more ‘‘high quality’’ Whites than Blacks had taken the test.) They excluded the Kaufman Assessment Battery for Children (K-ABC), which Murray (2005) described as showing a loss of 1 IQ point for Blacks between 1983 and 2004. (Dickens and Flynn say the data contained an inflated standard deviation.) They excluded the very g-loaded Woodcock-Johnson test, which Murray (2005; whom they cite) described as showing the conventional gap of 1.05 standard deviations for the third (2001) standardization sample. (Dickens and Flynn say the Blacks were an unrepresentative ‘‘subsubsample.’’) They also excluded the Differential Ability Scale, which in Lynn’s (1996) analysis (which they cite) showed a maximum gain of 1.83 IQ points for Blacks between 1972 and 1986. (Dickens and Flynn say the sample lacked ‘‘quality.’’) To be compelling, however, researchers must take the totality of available evidence into account (Gottfredson, 2005).

Average state IQ, state wealth and racial composition as predictors of state health statistics: Partial support for ‘g’ as a fundamental cause of health disparities​

Abstract
This study examined the degree to which differences in average IQ across the 50 states was associated with differences in health statistics independent of differences in wealth, health care expenditures and racial composition. Results show that even after controlling for differences in state wealth and health care expenditures, average IQ had sizeable positive associations with a wide range of positive health indicators, and sizeable negative associations with a wide range of state health problems.

Consistent with Gottfredson's (2004) [Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 86, 174−199.] hypotheses, some of the apparent associations between racial composition and health outcomes were accounted for by IQ differences.

Overall, the results partially confirmed that g does account for a significant portion of the variance many state health outcomes, but socio-economic factors and racial composition appear to also have important relations with some specific health outcomes.

Stfu kike. Eastern Europe has achievements as well.

Stop trying to divide us. White is white.
No Retard Neo Nazis Hate Italians And Eastern Europeans Because They Don't Have Blonde hair and blue eyes most of the time and it's not only Jews trying to divide White People It's Also Other White People. Mostly Germans And Americans And Scandinavians.
Bro, don't fight it, racemixxing is the future.
Soon, everybody will be a shitskinned mixture of all races.
I'm happy that I don't live long enough to experience it.
It's Becoming More And More Popular To Racemix Every Year But I Don't Think It Will Get To A Point Where Everyone Will Become Black.
Hitler considered them as subhumans

White isn't a scientific term because anyone with a white skin and Caucasian features can claim that he is white.
White in reality is portrayed as Nordic.
Europeans are Meds, Slavs and Nords
Historically, meds who built Europe ( Greeks, Romans, The renaissance ) who were influenced by ethnic cultures and ancient Eastern civilizations because the med is near to the East.
Nords destroyed it ( the Barbarians, the dark ages, the crusaders, the world wars etc )
The Slavs were the niggers of Europe.
Europeans didn't have even their holy book and they worshiped a kike who died like a faggot on the cross and they have kike names like David, Mathew, Paul etc
You Purposely Left Out The Part Where Jesus Rises From The Dead.

Last edited:
No Retard Neo Nazis Hate Italians And Eastern Europeans Because They Don't Have Blonde hair and blue eyes most of the time
You don't fucking know what you are talking about. Nazis hate Jews and niggers, yes but they are simply indifferent to Italians and Eastern Euros at best, they don't hate them. Go divide somewhere else.

This is why I am an antinatalist as a blackcel. Knowing that I am genetically, socially, economically and historically inferior to pretty much all races made me choose to never reproduce. I could never create an ethnic to get mogged in white society its too much for me already to be a subhuman.

This is why I am an antinatalist as a blackcel. Knowing that I am genetically, socially, economically and historically inferior to pretty much all races made me choose to never reproduce. I could never create an ethnic to get mogged in white society its too much for me already to be a subhuman.
Good God dude get a grip
You don't fucking know what you are talking about. Nazis hate Jews and niggers, yes but they are simply indifferent to Italians and Eastern Euros at best, they don't hate them. Go divide somewhere else.
Just don't know historymaxx

Good God dude get a grip

My post is the truth dude as a blackcel I am inferior to all races and I am at the bottom of the totem pole. Why would i bring an ethnic kid into this world to suffer like i did? I am extremely empathic and would never do such a thing
Good God dude get a grip

My post is the truth dude as a blackcel I am inferior to all races and I am at the bottom of the totem pole. Why would i bring an ethnic kid into this world to suffer like i did? I am extremely empathic and would never do such a thing

You are based

You've come to the same realization I have: We are simply unfit for the civilizations built by Europeans and their descendants.

The impact of low IQ on crime has been a focus of debate for several decades now. Although sociologists have virtually removed it from the list of possible factors influencing crime, the impact of IQ on crime continues to generate a significant amount of scientific research and a substantial number of publications. The purpose of this study is to assess intellectual levels and to compare two groups of incarcerated criminals. Using MANCOVA and ANCOVA procedures, 261 sex offenders and 150 non-sexual violent criminals were compared on IQ subscales. The results show significant differences on vocabulary, comprehension, arithmetic, mental math computations, object assembly, letter–number sequencing, and perception subscales, as well as on performance IQ and total IQ.

Race of Perpetrators 122016

Every one will be a shitskin with chinky eyes because of curry and rice population
That's literally one of the biggest suifuel. The ugliest race populationmogs everyone

i heard you're a jew, bro :feelsjuice:
Half Ashkenazi by an abandoning violent Jewish father who left me and my mother for dead, so in a way, I have more reasons to hate Jews than anybody else on this forum. I am the Bobby Fischer of incels.is , never forget this. The other half of my ancestry is French/ German. :feelsjuice::yes:

Last edited:
Half Ashkenazi by an abandoning violent Jewish father who left me and my mother for dead, so in a way, I have more reasons to hate Jews than anybody else on this forum. I am the Bobby Fischer of incels.is , never forget this. :feelsjuice::yes:
Or this could be a clever Jew trick to make us trust you. :feelswhat:

Or this could be a clever Jew trick to make us trust you. :feelswhat:
If I was some kind of diabolical clever kike I would say nothing at all publicly revealing myself and then proceed to deceive everybody here, the fact that I describe some portion of my life for everybody here ought to show my sincerity, transparency, and honesty being forthcoming with such information out in the open that I don't even try to hide or conceal. :feelsjuice::yes:

Last edited:
i can't breed

If I was some kind of diabolical clever kike I would say nothing at all publicly revealing myself and then proceed to deceive everybody here, the fact that I describe some portion of my life for everybody here ought to show my sincerity, transparency, and honesty being forthcoming with such information out in the open that I don't even try to hide or conceal. :feelsjuice::yes:
Yes, but maybe this is what you want us to think. :feelswhat: Nice 4D chess you're playing, kike.

They aren't hated and demonised in their own countries though and subject to mass immigration.

They don't give their countries to foreigners either.

Don't get me wrong I agree with your original post too.

But once you look at both the strengths and weaknesses of each race they're so equal it kind of strikes me as part of the evidence for a creator.

Yes, but maybe this is what you want us to think. :feelswhat: Nice 4D chess you're playing, kike.
I really don't care what you or others think, my post record speaks for itself which anybody can look at judging my integrity here. Every now again people like to bring up that personal little tidbit of my private history and frankly, it's boring to me that people continue to do so thinking they actually know me as a person. Joining this forum I could have said nothing which would have been far more deceptive on my end, but I don't feel the need to hide such family stains of mine, a stain that mind you, I am forced to live with the rest of my life that the people I most despise in this world I am cursed to carry some of their bloodlines within me, and you think that you know despair, you really don't. Yet I am used to being an abomination, my father and his family told my mother the day I was born into this world that I was an abomination from the very beginning, it seems the fate or title was chosen for me on the day I was born into this world all along with something of which I am quite used to by now. I have felt my entire life like belonging nowhere to nothing and no one, over time it has influenced my perceptions along with the extreme melancholy that I carry everywhere in life.

:feelsjuice::yes:

Last edited:
Every one will be a shitskin with chinky eyes because of curry and rice population
Indian and arab traits aside from hair and eye colour are recessive compared to whites. A single generation is enough to make a curry or kebab look South Eruppean-passing and two to be West European-passing. With a high protein western diet, they can even grow to be as tall and carry similar frames to whites. Asian traits on the other hand are dominant over whites. Africans even more so. Latino and austronasian traits are a mixed bag. [UWSL]China and India have the biggest populations by a considerable margin. However, they are both experiencing declining birthrates. They are also the two countries with the most natural incels and their male expatriates have the lowest amount of miscegenation among all ethnic groups. Blacks on the other hand are reproducing at an exponential rate. However they start with a much lower population floor. Arabs and other Middle Easterners have a slightly lower rate but much higher floor. Considering all those factors, the exact end result is going to be hard to predict. However it is likely that the average western man in the future will be darker like you implied.[/UWSL]

Last edited:
Oral infections have a strong ethnic predilection; suggesting that ethnicity is a critical determinant of oral microbial colonization. Dental plaque and saliva samples from 192 subjects belonging to four major ethnicities in the United States were analyzed using terminal restriction fragment length polymorphism (t-RFLP) and 16S pyrosequencing. Ethnicity-specific clustering of microbial communities was apparent in saliva and subgingival biofilms, and a machine-learning classifier was capable of identifying an individual’s ethnicity from subgingival microbial signatures.

The classifier identified African Americans with a 100% sensitivity and 74% specificity and Caucasians with a 50% sensitivity and 91% specificity. The data demonstrates a significant association between ethnic affiliation and the composition of the oral microbiome; to the extent that these microbial signatures appear to be capable of discriminating between ethnicities.

its over for us blackcels :fuk:

10% Race baiting plus Foid worship

Indeed. The liberal delusion has ended:

Reference papers and your DNA​

The role of inflammatory system genes in individual differences in nonverbal intelligence.​

Enikeeva RF et al. 2022
Researchers conducted an analysis of gene-by-environment (G×E) interactions considering an important role of environmental factors in the development of brain cognitive functions in general and nonverbal intelligence in 1011 individuals of different ethnicities. Since it has been suggested that the genes responsible for regulating the activation and deactivation of microglial cells (the only immune system cells in the central nervous system) can mediate the development of nonverbal intelligence, six single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the genes that encode proteins involved in inflammatory response regulation in the central nervous system were genotyped. Two of which were rs1041981 in the tumor necrosis factor (TNF) gene and rs2230912 in the purinergic receptor (P2RX7) gene. Those encoded proteins were known to maintain a balance of pro- and anti-inflammatory processes in the intact brain. The level of nonverbal intelligence was measured using a black-and-white version of the Raven Progressive Matrices, which represents the essential and widely used diagnostic instrument for the assessment of examined cognitive construct and is characterized by high validity and reproducibility. Results revealed that the association of a higher level of nonverbal intelligence with TNF rs1041981 minor A-allele. The trend was observed only among individuals who were reared in a large family, while in groups of individuals with a different sibship size showed no TNF- dependent association with cognitive indicators.
www.pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35434491/

European Sub280436C=0.673234A=0.326766
African Sub9776C=0.5044A=0.4956
African Others Sub324C=0.469A=0.531
African American Sub9452C=0.5056A=0.4944
Asian Sub6726C=0.5482A=0.4518
East Asian Sub4852C=0.5295A=0.4705

Mathematics ability is a complex cognitive trait with polygenic heritability. Genome-wide association study (GWAS) has been an effective approach to investigate genetic components underlying mathematic ability. Although previous studies reported several candidate genetic variants, none of them exceeded genome-wide significant threshold in general populations. Herein, we performed GWAS in Chinese elementary school students to identify potential genetic variants associated with mathematics ability. The discovery stage included 494 and 504 individuals from two independent cohorts respectively. The replication stage included another cohort of 599 individuals. In total, 28 of 81 candidate SNPs that met validation criteria were further replicated. Combined meta-analysis of three cohorts identified four SNPs (rs1012694, rs11743006, rs17778739 and rs17777541) of SPOCK1 gene showing association with mathematics ability (minimum p value 5.67 × 10-10, maximum β -2.43). The SPOCK1 gene is located on chromosome 5q31.2 and encodes a highly conserved glycoprotein testican-1 which was associated with tumor progression and prognosis as well as neurogenesis. This is the first study to report genome-wide significant association of individual SNPs with mathematics ability in general populations. Our preliminary results further supported the role of SPOCK1 during neurodevelopment. The genetic complexities underlying mathematics ability might contribute to explain the basis of human cognition and intelligence at genetic level.

1000Genomes_30x Global Study-wide6404C=0.8741A=0.1259
1000Genomes_30x African Sub1786C=0.9922A=0.0078
1000Genomes_30x Europe Sub1266C=0.8507A=0.1493
1000Genomes_30x South Asian Sub1202C=0.8195A=0.1805
1000Genomes_30x East Asian Sub1170C=0.7752A=0.2248
1000Genomes_30x American Sub980C=0.874A=0.126

Candidate genes have been identified for both reading and language, but most of the heritable variance in these traits remains unexplained. Here, we report a genome-wide association meta-analysis of two large cohorts: population samples of Australian twins and siblings aged 12-25 years (n = 1177 from 538 families), and a younger cohort of children of the UK Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and their Children (aged 8 and 9 years; maximum n = 5472). Suggestive association was indicated for reading measures and non-word repetition (NWR), with the greatest support found for single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the pseudogene, ABCC13 (P = 7.34 × 10(-8)), and the gene, DAZAP1 (P = 1.32 × 10(-6)). Gene-based analyses showed significant association (P < 2.8 × 10(-6)) for reading and spelling with genes CD2L1, CDC2L2 and RCAN3 in two loci on chromosome 1. Some support was found for the same SNPs having effects on both reading skill and NWR, which is compatible with behavior genetic evidence for influences of reading acquisition on phonological-task performance. The results implicate novel candidates for study in additional cohorts for reading and language abilities.

1000Genomes_30x Global Study-wide6404A=0.7477C=0.2523
1000Genomes_30x African Sub1786A=0.8287C=0.1713
1000Genomes_30x Europe Sub1266A=0.7717C=0.2283
1000Genomes_30x South Asian Sub1202A=0.7238C=0.2762
1000Genomes_30x East Asian Sub1170A=0.6479C=0.3521
1000Genomes_30x American Sub980A=0.717C=0.283

1000Genomes_30x Global Study-wide6404G=0.9795A=0.0205
1000Genomes_30x African Sub1786G=0.9972A=0.0028
1000Genomes_30x Europe Sub1266G=0.9400A=0.0600
1000Genomes_30x South Asian Sub1202G=0.9892A=0.0108
1000Genomes_30x East Asian Sub1170G=1.0000A=0.0000
1000Genomes_30x American Sub980G=0.962A=0.038

1000Genomes_30x Global Study-wide6404T=0.4546C=0.5454
1000Genomes_30x African Sub1786T=0.4373C=0.5627
1000Genomes_30x Europe Sub1266T=0.5269C=0.4731
1000Genomes_30x South Asian Sub1202T=0.4301C=0.5699
1000Genomes_30x East Asian Sub1170T=0.4744C=0.5256
1000Genomes_30x American Sub980T=0.399C=0.601

1000Genomes_30x Global Study-wide6404A=0.8702G=0.1298
1000Genomes_30x African Sub1786A=0.9412G=0.0588
1000Genomes_30x Europe Sub1266A=0.6635G=0.3365
1000Genomes_30x South Asian Sub1202A=0.9226G=0.0774
1000Genomes_30x East Asian Sub1170A=0.9991G=0.0009
1000Genomes_30x American Sub980A=0.790G=0.210

Last edited:

Identification of common variants associated with human hippocampal and intracranial volumes​

Identifying genetic variants influencing human brain structures may reveal new biological mechanisms underlying cognition and neuropsychiatric illness. The volume of the hippocampus is a biomarker of incipient Alzheimer’s disease1,2 and is reduced in schizophrenia3, major depression4 and mesial temporal lobe epilepsy5. Whereas many brain imaging phenotypes are highly heritable6,7, identifying and replicating genetic influences has been difficult, as small effects and the high costs of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) have led to underpowered studies. Here we report genome-wide association meta-analyses and replication for mean bilateral hippocampal, total brain and intracranial volumes from a large multinational consortium. The intergenic variant rs7294919 was associated with hippocampal volume (12q24.22; N = 21,151; P = 6.70 × 10−16) and the expression levels of the positional candidate gene TESC in brain tissue. Additionally, rs10784502, located within HMGA2, was associated with intracranial volume (12q14.3; N = 15,782; P = 1.12 × 10−12). We also identified a suggestive association with total brain volume at rs10494373 within DDR2 (1q23.3; N = 6,500; P = 5.81 × 10−7).

1000Genomes_30x Global Study-wide6404C=0.3476T=0.6524
1000Genomes_30x African Sub1786C=0.5230T=0.4770
1000Genomes_30x Europe Sub1266C=0.4479T=0.5521
1000Genomes_30x South Asian Sub1202C=0.2346T=0.7654
1000Genomes_30x East Asian Sub1170C=0.0949T=0.9051
1000Genomes_30x American Sub980C=0.339T=0.661

The largest brain study of its kind had found a gene linked to intelligence, a small piece in the puzzle as to why some people are smarter than others.

A variant of this gene "can tilt the scales in favour of a higher intelligence", says study leader Paul Thompson, stressing though that genetic blessings were not the only factor in brainpower.

Searching for a genetic explanation for brain disease, the scientists stumbled upon a minute variant in a gene called HMGA2 among people who had larger brains and scored higher on standardised IQ tests.

Thompson dubbed it "an intelligence gene" and says it was likely that many more such genes were yet to be discovered.

The variant occurs on HMGA2 where there is just a single change in the permutation of the four 'letters' of the genetic code.

DNA, the blueprint for life, comprises four basic chemicals called A (for adenine), C (cytosine), T (thymine) and G (guanine), strung together in different combinations along a double helix.

In this case, the researchers found that people with a double 'C' and no 'T' in a specific section of the HMGA2 gene had bigger brains on average.

"It is a strange result, you wouldn't think that something as simple as one small change in the genetic code could explain differences in intelligence worldwide," says Thompson, a neurologist at the University of California, Los Angeles.

Small, but noticeable​

The discovery came in a study of brain scans and DNA samples from more than 20,000 people from North America, Europe and Australia, of European ancestry.

People who received two Cs from their parents, a quarter of the population, scored on average 1.3 points higher than the next group - half of the population with only one C in this section of the gene.

The last quarter of people, with no Cs, scored another 1.3 points lower.

"The effect is small," says Thompson, but "would be noticeable on a (IQ) test ... (it) may mean you get a couple more questions correct.

"It wouldn't be an enormous change. Even so, it would help our brain resist cognitive decline later in life."

It is generally accepted that genes, a good education and environmental factors combine to determine our intelligence.

"If people wanted to change their genetic destiny they could either increase their exercise or improve their diet and education," says Thompson. "Most other ways we know of improving brain function more than outweigh this gene."

He adds there were ethical safeguards and laws in place to guard against the abuse of genetic information.

The research, published in Nature Genetics, was conducted by more than 200 scientists from 100 institutions worldwide, working together on a project called Enigma.

Thompson says other studies have implicated some genes in IQ, but this was the first to link a common gene to brain size.

The team found that every T in place of a C represented a 0.6 per cent smaller brain - equal to more than a year's worth of brain loss through the normal ageing process.

Could be significant​

Asked to comment on the research, Tom Hartley, a psychologist at Britain's University of York says he was "a little wary of thinking in terms of a gene for intelligence".

"There are undoubtedly a lot of things that have to work properly in order to get a good score on an IQ test, if any of these go wrong the score will be worse."

But he says it was "fascinating" to find that such small genetic changes could affect the size of critical structures such as the hippocampus, the brain's memory centre.

"Given the importance of the hippocampus in disorders such as Alzheimer's disease these could turn out to be very significant findings," says Hartley.

John Williams, head of neuroscience and mental health at the Wellcome Trust, a British charitable foundation which backs biomedical research, says the findings paved the way for further research into "structural changes" which occur in disorders such as dementia, autism and schizophrenia.

Basic Aspects of Catechol-O-Methyltransferase and the Clinical Applications of its Inhibitors

Elizabeth M. Tunbridge, in International Review of Neurobiology, 2010

COMT has attracted significant interest in neuroscience, primarily because of its key role in metabolizing dopamine, a key molecule in normal brain function, and in a range of disorders, including Parkinson’s disease and schizophrenia. It is clear that COMT is dynamically regulated, and its expression is altered during development and by a number of environmental factors. Finally, although the vast majority of studies into COMT’s role in human neurobiological phenotypes and diseases have focused on the functional Val158Met polymorphism, it is clear that there are many other polymorphisms and haplotypes within the COMT gene that potentially modulate its activity. In the future it will be critical to fully understand to what extent the various environmental and genetic factors that can influence COMT’s function pertain in the brain, and how they interact with each other, in order to advance COMT’s therapeutic candidacy.

Researchers examined the neurophysiological responses to deviant stimuli recorded with magne- toencephalography (MEG) in 108 healthy participants carrying different variants of Val158Met (rs4680) within the catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT) gene. This variant was selected for this study because it is responsible for the majority of degradation of catecholamines which has been suggested to be associated with auditory predictive processing in the human brain. Specifically, COMT enzyme breaks down dopamine with a degradation rate 40% faster in people having GG genotype compared to the people having AA genotype, leading to lower dopamine level in the brain in people having GG genotype than AA genotype. The deviant stimuli were inserted in a sequence of coherent piano tones. The musical key (12 major and 12 minor) of the presentation changed in pseudorandom order by replacing it with a deviant of one of six types: pitch, timbre, location, intensity, slide and rhythm. For example, the pitch deviant was defined as the sound 24 cents lower than standard and “old-time radio” filter was used for timbre deviant. The MEG results showed carriers of heterozygotes (AG genotype) of rs4680 responded to all deviants stronger than homozygous (AA/GG) carriers. This result suggested that a balanced dopamine degradation rate occurring in COMT heterozygotes, that would be reflected in a stronger neural response to deviant sounds when compared to homozygous participants.

Researchers performed a task-switching paradigm to examine the effect of catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT) gene variance on cognitive stability and flexibility. Participants were genotyped for the SNP at the COMT gene. As predicted, Met/-carriers showed larger switching costs (i.e., less cognitive flexibility) than Val/Val homozygous individuals. The findings support the idea that low prefrontal dopamine levels promote cognitive flexibility.

Researchers explored the association of the catechol-O-methyltransferase gene (COMT) and the dopamine D2 receptor gene (DRD2) with creative potential. These genes were focused on because previous studies generally supported a critical involvement of dopamine (DA) transmission in the cognitive processes of creativity and, of these, COMT and DRD2 have been studied most extensively. SNPs covering COMT were genotyped in 543 healthy Chinese college students. Their creative potentials, such as verbal and figural originality, were assessed by divergent thinking tests which are commonly used to estimate creativity. Association analysis showed that the A allele of rs4680 in the COMT gene had an additive effect in the direction of higher figural originality. It has been reported that the A allele has lower COMT enzymatic activity than the G allele, thereby leading to less efficient degradation of DA and higher DA levels in the synaptic cleft.

Relating dopaminergic and cholinergic polymorphisms to spatial attention in infancy.​

Markant J et al. 2014
Researchers examined the relationship between normative genetic polymorphisms (SNPs) and attention orienting in 7-month-old infants during a spatial cueing task. For this task, attention is engaged at a central location while a peripheral cue appears, a brief delay is imposed, and a target is subsequently presented in either the cued or noncued location. The timing of the cue-to-target delay is critical, as variations in this delay can elicit different orienting responses. Results showed that a SNP in COMT gene, which affects dopamine signaling in the prefrontal cortex, is related to the ability to control selective attention. This association has also been confirmed by two studies conducted in adults.

Association between catechol-O-methyltransferase Val(1)(5)(8)Met polymorphism and configural mode of face processing.​

Doi H et al. 2015
Researchers investigated an association between the configural mode of face processing and a single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in the catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT) gene, using the part-spacing paradigm of facial recognition. In the paradigm, participants were asked to identify whether differences existed between a partially changed picture of a human face, such as the mouth or eyes moved, and the original picture. The effect of the genotypic difference in face processing capabilities was virtually eliminated when the faces were presented upside–down.

Schoolchildren's autobiographical memory: COMT gene Val(158)Met polymorphism effects on emotional content and quality of first memories.​

Tougu P et al. 2021
Researchers investigate the effect of the COMT gene polymorphism on the quality and emotional content of early memories in 234 children from the large-scale longitudinal Estonian Children Personality, Behavior, and Health Study. The polymorphism (rs4680) was selected based on the previously reported associations between the polymorphism and both cognitive and emotional processing because first autobiographical memories often include emotional content. In the instruction of the autobiographical memory task, children were asked to recall the very first memory of their life that they could remember and write it down in as much detail as they could. The quality of memory is defined by assessing the specificity of the reported event and calculating the number of reported details. Results showed that girls were more likely to provide specific memories and recollections than boys were. In addition, children described memories with a positive or a negative episode in more detail than neutral memories. The children having Val/Met (GA genotype) reported fewer details for positive and negative events than other children.

www.pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34751856/

1000Genomes_30x Global Study-wide6404G=0.6299A=0.3701
1000Genomes_30x African Sub1786G=0.7178A=0.2822
1000Genomes_30x Europe Sub1266G=0.5103A=0.4897
1000Genomes_30x South Asian Sub1202G=0.5532A=0.4468
1000Genomes_30x East Asian Sub1170G=0.7179A=0.2821
1000Genomes_30x American Sub980G=0.613A=0.387

The Seashore Measures of Musical Talent were given to 3300 negroes in colleges and graded schools in Virginia and the Carolinas. Comparisons were made with white norms worked out by Seashore for fifth grade, eighth grade, and adult subjects. While most of the differences favored the whites, they were not significant enough to indicate any distinct racial differences. A tendency on the part of the negroes to confuse the responses "higher" and "lower" in the pitch test was noted. This is due to their lack of any verbal response pattern in terms of "higher" and "lower." Difficulties arising from the physical environment of negro school rooms, from inhibitions due to the presence of a white experimenter, and from general cultural and educational retardation, lead to the conclusion that it is impossible to obtain entirely satisfactory results from southern negro subjects without the use of a more intensive technique than Seashore used for whites. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2016 APA, all rights reserved)

Abstract​

Background Musical abilities such as recognising music and singing performance serve as means for communication and are instruments in sexual selection. Specific regions of the brain have been found to be activated by musical stimuli, but these have rarely been extended to the discovery of genes and molecules associated with musical ability.
Methods A total of 1008 individuals from 73 families were enrolled and a pitch-production accuracy test was applied to determine musical ability. To identify genetic loci and variants that contribute to musical ability, we conducted family-based linkage and association analyses, and incorporated the results with data from exome sequencing and array comparative genomic hybridisation analyses.
Results We found significant evidence of linkage at 4q23 with the nearest marker D4S2986 (LOD=3.1), whose supporting interval overlaps a previous study in Finnish families, and identified an intergenic single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) (rs1251078, p=8.4×10−17) near UGT8, a gene highly expressed in the central nervous system and known to act in brain organisation. In addition, a non-synonymous SNP in UGT8 was revealed to be highly associated with musical ability (rs4148254, p=8.0×10−17), and a 6.2 kb copy number loss near UGT8 showed a plausible association with musical ability (p=2.9×10−6).
Conclusions This study provides new insight into the genetics of musical ability, exemplifying a methodology to assign functional significance to synonymous and non-coding alleles by integrating multiple experimental methods.

1000Genomes_30x Global Study-wide6404T=0.7567C=0.2433
1000Genomes_30x African Sub1786T=0.6439C=0.3561
1000Genomes_30x Europe Sub1266T=0.6880C=0.3120
1000Genomes_30x South Asian Sub1202T=0.8469C=0.1531
1000Genomes_30x East Asian Sub1170T=0.9171C=0.0829
1000Genomes_30x American Sub980T=0.749C=0.251

Thirty novel sequence variants impacting human intracranial volume.​

Nawaz MS et al. 2022
Researchers performed a genome-wide association study meta-analysis of intracranial volume (ICV) using three GWAS summary statistics; ICV + HC from Iceland, ICV from the UKBiobank, and published GWAS summary data of ICV + head circumference (HC) from enhancing neuroimaging genetics through meta-analysis (ENIGMA) consortium and Early Growth Genetics (EGG) consortium. The meta-analysis included 42.9 million imputed variants available in the Icelandic and UK samples and 9.7 million in the ENIGMA/EGG sample. Previous GWAS studies on ICV or HC have reported 36 variants. Of those 36 variants, they replicated the association of 34 variants. Altogether, 64 ICV associations at 51 loci, including 30 novel, were significant and explain 5.0% of the variability in ICV. Specifically, these include rs11111293 in the LINC02456, rs12146713 in the NUAK1 gene, rs2066827 in the CDKN1B, rs10876450, rs78378222 in the TP53 gene, rs7254272 (novel), rs288326 in the FRZB, rs448162 (novel), rs9400239 in the FOXO3, rs11759026 in the CENPW gene. The rs9400239, rs11759026 and rs288326 are known to be related with body mass index, neuroticism and blood protein respectively.

Intracranial volume, measured through magnetic resonance imaging and/or estimated from head circumference, is heritable and correlates with cognitive traits and several neurological disorders. We performed a genome-wide association study meta-analysis of intracranial volume (n = 79 174) and found 64 associating sequence variants explaining 5.0% of its variance. We used coding variation, transcript and protein levels, to uncover 12 genes likely mediating the effect of these variants, including GLI3 and CDK6 that affect cranial synostosis and microcephaly, respectively. Intracranial volume correlates genetically with volumes of cortical and sub-cortical regions, cognition, learning, neonatal and neurological traits. Parkinson's disease cases have greater and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder cases smaller intracranial volume than controls. Our Mendelian randomization studies indicate that intracranial volume associated variants either increase the risk of Parkinson's disease and decrease the risk of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and neuroticism or correlate closely with a confounder.

www.pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36415660/

1000Genomes_30x Global Study-wide6404T=0.8977C=0.1023
1000Genomes_30x African Sub1786T=0.9866C=0.0134
1000Genomes_30x Europe Sub1266T=0.8081C=0.1919
1000Genomes_30x South Asian Sub1202T=0.8478C=0.1522
1000Genomes_30x East Asian Sub1170T=0.9009C=0.0991
1000Genomes_30x American Sub980T=0.909C=0.091

1000Genomes_30x Global Study-wide6404T=0.9610C=0.0390
1000Genomes_30x African Sub1786T=0.9955C=0.0045
1000Genomes_30x Europe Sub1266T=0.9028C=0.0972
1000Genomes_30x South Asian Sub1202T=0.9401C=0.0599
1000Genomes_30x East Asian Sub1170T=1.0000C=0.0000
1000Genomes_30x American Sub980T=0.952C=0.048

1000Genomes_30x Global Study-wide6404T=0.6318A=0.0003, G=0.3679
1000Genomes_30x African Sub1786T=0.2172A=0.0000, G=0.7828
1000Genomes_30x Europe Sub1266T=0.7559A=0.0000, G=0.2441
1000Genomes_30x South Asian Sub1202T=0.6864A=0.0000, G=0.3136
1000Genomes_30x East Asian Sub1170T=0.9453A=0.0000, G=0.0547
1000Genomes_30x American Sub980T=0.786A=0.002, G=0.212

1000Genomes_30x Global Study-wide6404T=0.8245C=0.1755
1000Genomes_30x African Sub1786T=0.8024C=0.1976
1000Genomes_30x Europe Sub1266T=0.8381C=0.1619
1000Genomes_30x South Asian Sub1202T=0.8502C=0.1498
1000Genomes_30x East Asian Sub1170T=0.8376C=0.1624
1000Genomes_30x American Sub980T=0.800C=0.200

1000Genomes_30x Global Study-wide6404T=0.9973G=0.0027
1000Genomes_30x African Sub1786T=1.0000G=0.0000
1000Genomes_30x Europe Sub1266T=0.9866G=0.0134
1000Genomes_30x South Asian Sub1202T=1.0000G=0.0000
1000Genomes_30x East Asian Sub1170T=1.0000G=0.0000
1000Genomes_30x American Sub980T=1.000G=0.000

1000Genomes_30x Global Study-wide6404G=0.7220A=0.2780
1000Genomes_30x African Sub1786G=0.2441A=0.7559
1000Genomes_30x Europe Sub1266G=0.8270A=0.1730
1000Genomes_30x South Asian Sub1202G=0.9659A=0.0341
1000Genomes_30x East Asian Sub1170G=0.9983A=0.0017
1000Genomes_30x American Sub980G=0.829A=0.171

1000Genomes_30x Global Study-wide6404G=0.9525A=0.0475
1000Genomes_30x African Sub1786G=0.9905A=0.0095
1000Genomes_30x Europe Sub1266G=0.8649A=0.1351
1000Genomes_30x South Asian Sub1202G=0.9759A=0.0241
1000Genomes_30x East Asian Sub1170G=1.0000A=0.0000
1000Genomes_30x American Sub980G=0.911A=0.089

1000Genomes_30x Global Study-wide6404A=0.4878G=0.5122
1000Genomes_30x African Sub1786A=0.8494G=0.1506
1000Genomes_30x Europe Sub1266A=0.3847G=0.6153
1000Genomes_30x South Asian Sub1202A=0.3494G=0.6506
1000Genomes_30x East Asian Sub1170A=0.3316G=0.6684
1000Genomes_30x American Sub980A=0.318G=0.682

1000Genomes_30x Global Study-wide6404T=0.5037C=0.4963
1000Genomes_30x African Sub1786T=0.8421C=0.1579
1000Genomes_30x Europe Sub1266T=0.3641C=0.6359
1000Genomes_30x South Asian Sub1202T=0.4983C=0.5017
1000Genomes_30x East Asian Sub1170T=0.3026C=0.6974
1000Genomes_30x American Sub980T=0.314C=0.686

1000Genomes_30x Global Study-wide6404A=0.7247G=0.2753
1000Genomes_30x African Sub1786A=0.9462G=0.0538
1000Genomes_30x Europe Sub1266A=0.7543G=0.2457
1000Genomes_30x South Asian Sub1202A=0.6764G=0.3236
1000Genomes_30x East Asian Sub1170A=0.5444G=0.4556
1000Genomes_30x American Sub980A=0.557G=0.443

Verbal memory is typically studied using immediate recall (IR) and delayed recall (DR) scores, although DR is dependent on IR capability. Separating these components may be useful for deciphering the genetic variation in age-related memory abilities. This study was conducted to (a) construct individual trajectories in IR and independent aspects of delayed recall, or residualized-DR (rDR), across older adulthood; and (b) identify genetic markers that contribute to four estimated phenotypes: IR and rDR levels and changes after age 60. A cognitively intact sample (N = 20,650 with 125,164 observations) was drawn from the U.S. Health and Retirement Study, a nationally representative study of adults aged 50 and older. Mixed effects regression models were constructed using repeated measures from data collected every two years (1996-2012) to estimate level at age 60 and change in memory post-60 in IR and rDR. Genome-wide association scans (GWAS) were conducted in the genotypic subsample (N = 7,486) using ~1.2 million single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs). One SNP (rs2075650) in TOMM40 associated with rDR level at the genome-wide level (p = 5.0x10-08), an effect that replicated in an independent sample from the English Longitudinal Study on Ageing (N = 6,898 with 41,328 observations). Meta-analysis of rDR level confirmed the association (p = 5.0x10-11) and identified two others in TOMM40 (rs71352238 p = 1.0x10-10; rs157582 p = 7.0x10-09), and one in APOE (rs769449 p = 3.1 x10-12). Meta-analysis of IR change identified associations with three of the same SNPs in TOMM40 (rs157582 p = 8.3x10-10; rs71352238 p = 1.9x10-09) and APOE (rs769449 p = 2.2x10-08). Conditional analyses indicate GWAS signals on rDR level were driven by APOE, whereas signals on IR change were driven by TOMM40. Additionally, we found that TOMM40 had effects independent of APOE e4 on both phenotypes. Findings from this first U.S. population-based GWAS study conducted on both age-related immediate and delayed verbal memory merit continued examination in other samples and additional measures of verbal memory.

1000Genomes_30x Global Study-wide6404G=0.9368A=0.0632
1000Genomes_30x African Sub1786G=0.9933A=0.0067
1000Genomes_30x Europe Sub1266G=0.8823A=0.1177
1000Genomes_30x South Asian Sub1202G=0.9326A=0.0674
1000Genomes_30x East Asian Sub1170G=0.9222A=0.0778
1000Genomes_30x American Sub980G=0.927A=0.073

1000Genomes_30x Global Study-wide6404C=0.7005T=0.2995
1000Genomes_30x African Sub1786C=0.4944T=0.5056
1000Genomes_30x Europe Sub1266C=0.7852T=0.2148
1000Genomes_30x South Asian Sub1202C=0.7920T=0.2080
1000Genomes_30x East Asian Sub1170C=0.7940T=0.2060
1000Genomes_30x American Sub980C=0.743T=0.257

In a sample of 25 pairs of EOS proband-healthy full sibling, we sought to investigate the association of KIBRA with memory performance. Episodic memory was measured using immediate and delayed recall measures of the California Verbal Learning Test. In a combined analysis (TT vs. TC/CC) assuming a C dominant model of inheritance, we found a main effect of genotype where individuals with TT genotype outperformed non-TT-carriers at immediate and delayed recall.

A common T/C polymorphism within the ninth intron of the KIBRA gene (rs17070145) is thought to influence memory in humans. Since cognitive impairment, including memory, is a core feature of schizophrenia, we attempted to investigate this association in an independent sample of adolescent...
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

https://www.researchgate.net/profil...nd-microstructure-of-healthy-older-adults.pdf

We report a significant association of rs17070145 with both episodic (r = 0.068, P = 0.001) and working memory (r = 0.035, P = 0.018). In summary, our findings indicate that SNP rs17070145 located within KIBRA explains 0.5% of the variance for episodic memory tasks and 0.1% of the variance for working memory tasks in samples of primarily Caucasian background.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/ajmg.b.32101

Moreover, among older adults T-allele carriers of the examined KIBRA polymorphism showed better spatial learning compared to C homozygotes. Together these findings provide the first evidence for an effect of the KIBRA rs17070145 polymorphism on spatial memory in humans and age differences in the reliance on landmark and boundary-related spatial information.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/hipo.22148

1000Genomes_30x Global Study-wide6404C=0.4775T=0.5225
1000Genomes_30x African Sub1786C=0.3740T=0.6260
1000Genomes_30x Europe Sub1266C=0.6509T=0.3491
1000Genomes_30x South Asian Sub1202C=0.7063T=0.2937
1000Genomes_30x East Asian Sub1170C=0.2402T=0.7598
1000Genomes_30x American Sub980C=0.445T=0.555

Relevant:

The schizophrenia risk allele C of the TCF4 rs9960767 polymorphism disrupts sensorimotor gating in schizophrenia spectrum and healthy volunteers

In a large-scale meta-analysis, it has been recently shown that the transcription factor 4 (TCF4) gene is among the most prominent susceptibility genes for schizophrenia. Moreover, transgenic mice overexpressing TCF4 in the brain display a reduction of sensorimotor gating measured by prepulse inhibition (PPI) of the acoustic startle response (ASR). PPI is heritable and has been established as an important translational endophenotype of schizophrenia. We therefore investigated the impact of the schizophrenia susceptibility gene TCF4 (rs9960767) on sensorimotor gating of the ASR in healthy humans and in patients with a schizophrenia spectrum disorder. We assessed PPI, startle reactivity, and habituation of the ASR in two independent samples. The first sample consisted of 107 healthy volunteers from London, UK. The second sample was a schizophrenia spectrum group (n = 113) of 73 schizophrenia patients and 40 individuals at high risk for schizophrenia from Bonn, Germany (total sample n = 220). In both samples, PPI was strongly decreased in carriers of the schizophrenia risk allele C of the TCF4 gene (meta-analysis across both samples: p = 0.00002), whereas startle reactivity and habituation were unaffected by TCF4 genotype. Sensorimotor gating is modulated by TCF4 genotype, indicating an influential role of TCF4 gene variations in the development of early information-processing deficits in schizophrenia.

1000Genomes_30x Global Study-wide6404A=0.8599C=0.1401
1000Genomes_30x African Sub1786A=0.7447C=0.2553
1000Genomes_30x Europe Sub1266A=0.9447C=0.0553
1000Genomes_30x South Asian Sub1202A=0.7413C=0.2587
1000Genomes_30x East Asian Sub1170A=0.9966C=0.0034
1000Genomes_30x American Sub980A=0.943C=0.057

A genome-wide association study (GWAS) of the personality constructs in CPAI-2 in Taiwanese Hakka populations.

Kao PY et al. 2023
Researchers performed a genome-wide association studies (GWAS) to investigate the genetic components of the personality constructs in the Chinese Personality Assessment Inventory 2 (CPAI-2) in Taiwanese Hakka populations, who are likely the descendants of a recent admixture between a group of Chinese immigrants with high emigration intention and a group of the Taiwanese aboriginal population generally without it. The CPAI-2 that were not previously observed using the traditional Big Five personality measures and this is the first study that investigates the biological basis of CPAI-2. This inventory consists of 22 normal personality scales and 3 validity scales. For this study, they used 19 personality scales including the Social Potency factors such as Diversity, Logical vs Affective Orientation and Enterprise, Dependability factors such as Responsibility and Family Orientation. The first significant result was rs56666, located between the UTRN gene and the EPM2A, that is strongly associated with the personality, Enterprise. The second significant result was rs1267992, located in gene NKAIN2, that is strongly associated with Diversity. The NKAIN2 gene was previously reported to be related with nervous system development. One previous GWAS study showed that this gene is associated with Neuroticism; meanwhile, another GWAS study proposed that this gene is associated with Extraversion. These results suggest that NKAIN2 may have various effects on the development of personality. The final significant result was rs12503435, located between the RAPGEF2 gene and the FSTL5 gene, that is strongly associated with Logical vs. Affective Orientation.

www.pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36800362/

1000Genomes_30x Global Study-wide6404T=0.6785C=0.3215
1000Genomes_30x African Sub1786T=0.7038C=0.2962
1000Genomes_30x Europe Sub1266T=0.7093C=0.2907
1000Genomes_30x South Asian Sub1202T=0.6007C=0.3993
1000Genomes_30x East Asian Sub1170T=0.7094C=0.2906
1000Genomes_30x American Sub980T=0.651C=0.349