Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Zoomers what do you think about the 2000s decade?

A

AutisticBeast

31yo KHV
-
I am curious what people aged 18-22 think of the 2000s. I turned 8 in 2000 and 18 in 2010, I have good memories up until 2004 but the rest of the decade is scared by memories of school bullying and being Autist in a school full of NTs. I think the TV of the 2000s was shit and probably the movies too, I've not seen many. The metal music was good that decade with several big bands coming through but that is all I can think of that was interesting about that decade.

Actually I forgot about Two and a Half men, so maybe the TV wasn't all that bad.

Not a sooner but 90/00s gaming was nice.

the 2000s was the dullest decade ever

i dont think about it. nor i am looking forward.

Hardly at all different from today, just with slightly more primitive technology. Most observations about American society today can be directly be applied to society in 2008. Just now, I'm starting to see things change.
  • Substitute "Coronavirus" for "theism" and suddenly 2000s flamewars are in the Overton Window.
  • Millennials have been have been shafted – again – by the exact same names.
  • Boomer-bashing is fashionable again. "Soccer-moms", the right-wing, overbearing mothers of the past, have been renamed "Karens" and have taken on an equally-political connotation. In general, the same tropes of people we love to bash online have only changed in name.
  • Rap, R&B, and female-centric pop are still the most popular genres of music.
  • The exact same people are still in D.C. running the country into the ground – Biden, Pelosi, McConnell, Schumer, etc.
  • Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, 4chan, and YouTube are still the most popular websites. Older websites, such as Newgrounds and DeviantArt, have become vibrant again. Other former social media giants, like MySpace and Tumblr, still exist today.
  • Internet memes have reverted back to "lolrandom", image-macros, and rage-comics.
  • Discord might as well be a sequel to IRC and AIM.
  • Technology reached peak usability circa 2007. Because of this, consumer goods have had to become more gimmick-oriented ("smart"), but have not gained any significant functionality. What can your new computer do that your old one couldn't? (Besides specialized use-cases like engineering, creative design, and gaming.)
  • Gasoline prices have spiked once again, though the autos have not bankrupted yet.
The only real changes I have seen are (1) the complete deprecation of "offensive" jokes pertaining to the usual subjects: ethnic minorities and nonheterosexuals in the public eye and (2) the political polarization of the 2010s, accelerated by the pandemic.

Back then I used to spend the entire day either watching cable TV or playing on my Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS a lot.

Do the people here look any different from today?
36D21A7C AB26 4354 AA4A 2E9DA1BAE3A2