Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion wtf happened to rock music and why is it no longer mainstream?

Another issue is that very controversial music is not promoted. And by controversial, I mean anything that pisses off the current established SJW garbage. Somebody like Negative XP could've become a major hit if he had been given airtime. Many of his songs are relateable, but a few of them disrupt or challenge current cultural norms, so he was deplatformed.

Good point.

I fucking HATED Outkast when they came on the scene and could never understand how they became so popular.
southern rap got popular in the late 90s with Master P, outkast, silkk the shocker, juvenile etc. then in the early 2000s, it expanded to shit like ludacris, lil jon, ying yang twins, etc and then suddenly more and more shit in the mid-late 2000s. i still prefer mid-late 2000s rap over modern rap
Another issue is that very controversial music is not promoted. And by controversial, I mean anything that pisses off the current established SJW garbage. Somebody like Negative XP could've become a major hit if he had been given airtime. Many of his songs are relateable, but a few of them disrupt or challenge current cultural norms, so he was deplatformed.
if eminem's marshall mathers LP was released today, he would be crucified, sure he was controversial back then but most people still liked him and it was mostly parents who were offended by him. in today's world, the album would be way more controversial and would offend everyone even young people. there used to be many controversial musicians in the past, like eminem, marilyn manson, alice cooper, kiss, etc but controversy isn't common among musicians anymore

Yeah those acts are all MOSTLY garbage though there are SELECT songs by Master P and Lil Jon that I like but very, very FEW.

Anyway one of the worst things about 2pac's death other than losing a good and influential rapper and human being is with his loss he was unable to be around and prevent the rise of Feminem whom he would've fucking HATED and stopped the career of in it's tracks since he had no tolerance for "fakes" and "phonies" and would've exposed Feminem for not "keeping it real" and just being himself instead of the artificial product Dre and the mass media made him out to be..

Millenials/zoomers emotionally attached to this beta male faggot always want to disagree with me but they weren't alive during the time period of Pac's rise and they don't understand how he thought as we Gen X'er rap fans did/still do.

He would not of liked Feminem nor supported him.

Just one rap track and or interview by 2pac trashing Feminem would've ended the fag's career right then and there as it should of been had we lived in a perfect world.

Last edited:
Yeah those acts are all MOSTLY garbage though there are SELECT songs by Master P and Lil Jon that I like but very, very FEW.

Anyway one of the worst things about 2pac's death other than losing a good and influential rapper and human being is with his loss he was unable to be around and prevent the rise of Feminem whom he would've fucking HATED and stopped the career of in it's tracks since he had no tolerance for "fakes" and "phonies" and would've exposed Feminem for not "keeping it real" and just being himself instead of the artificial product Dre and the mass media made him out to be..

Millenials/zoomers emotionally attached to this beta male faggot always want to disagree with me but they weren't alive during the time period of Pac's rise and they don't understand how he thought as we Gen X'er rap fans did/still do.

He would not of liked Feminem nor supported him.

Just one rap track and or interview by 2pac trashing Feminem would've ended the fag's career right then and there as it should of been had we lived in a perfect world.

i like eminem but his fans are the most annoying people on the planet. they think he's a perfect rapper who never has flaws. and they always think eminem is the winner during any feud eminem has. the ONLY reason eminem wins all his feuds is because he only has feuds with people less powerful than him. seriously. ja rule? christina aguilera? nsync? britney? everlast? canibus? benzino? MGK? all of these people are A LOT less powerful than him and sure some were just as famous as him but they weren't as powerful as him because they didn't get nearly as much respect from critics as eminem did. at least other rappers have feuds with someone their own size. 2pac and biggie, dr dre and eazy e. jay z and nas. ice cube and cypress hill. these guys all are feuds involving two guys who are just as powerful as each other. they pick on someone their own size. eminem only had feuds with people less powerful and respected than him. that's the only reason he wins his feuds. if eminem had a feud with 2pac then eminem would be destroyed.

and eminem fans hold grudges against rappers eminem had feuds with. they still harass benzino over a feud from 17 years ago.

honestly eminem's fans are so bad that i actually think BOTDF fans are better

i don't know of any punk bands of the 2010s other than weird experimental ones like FIDLAR, METZ, fucked up, pissed jeans, etc. there is also against me and off with their heads but not enough punk bands to make the 2010s an important decade for punk.

in the 70s we had the buzzcocks, dead boys, vibrators, ramones, sex pistols, the clash (who then became new wave in the 80s). in the 80s, we had black flag, the exploited, discharge, gbh, minor threat, adolescents, descendents, circle jerks, bad brains, etc. in the 90s we had nofx, bad religion, pennywise, rancid, the offspring, lagwagon, face to face, etc. in the 2000s, we had many of the 90s punk bands like nofx and pennywise and bad religion making important albums and newer bands like rise against and the casualties and cheap sex, alkaline trio, dropkick murphys, against me, anti flag, etc.

rip

Just saw Metz recently. They were really entertaining.

I think I agree with you. Though mathcore and stuff is having a bit of a renaissance. Noise rock and shoegaze too.

I think the more important scene has been metal to be honest, at least the last half decade or so. So much experimentation and fun trends there.

Just saw Metz recently. They were really entertaining.

I think I agree with you. Though mathcore and stuff is having a bit of a renaissance. Noise rock and shoegaze too.

I think the more important scene has been metal to be honest, at least the last half decade or so. So much experimentation and fun trends there.
2010s metal was boring tbh (except thrash metal revival bands of course).

2010s metal was boring tbh (except thrash metal revival bands of course).

Thrash revival was great for sure. But I liked the doom and stoner revival too. I'm a big nerd for the genre-bending stuff, so I really enjoyed the huge influx of post-metal and blackgaze and jazzgrind and all that crazy stuff.

Not for everyone though, I'll admit.

i like eminem but his fans are the most annoying people on the planet. they think he's a perfect rapper who never has flaws. and they always think eminem is the winner during any feud eminem has. the ONLY reason eminem wins all his feuds is because he only has feuds with people less powerful than him. seriously. ja rule? christina aguilera? nsync? britney? everlast? canibus? benzino? MGK? all of these people are A LOT less powerful than him and sure some were just as famous as him but they weren't as powerful as him because they didn't get nearly as much respect from critics as eminem did. at least other rappers have feuds with someone their own size. 2pac and biggie, dr dre and eazy e. jay z and nas. ice cube and cypress hill. these guys all are feuds involving two guys who are just as powerful as each other. they pick on someone their own size. eminem only had feuds with people less powerful and respected than him. that's the only reason he wins his feuds. if eminem had a feud with 2pac then eminem would be destroyed.

and eminem fans hold grudges against rappers eminem had feuds with. they still harass benzino over a feud from 17 years ago.

honestly eminem's fans are so bad that i actually think BOTDF fans are better
Good post brother.

Though one thing (since you're a rap fan too apparently) that I want to point out for you that you'd probably be interested to know is that Biggie wasn't actually as "big" as 2pac (heh...well bigger in size physically of course but you and everyone here knows that I'm talking about both "street cred" and "fame" here, etc, etc).

Yet PERCEPTION= reality more often than not in the lazy and generally retarded public's mind so at the time since the rap magazines and Jewish mass media in their intent to create a lucrative (for themselves and their ratings/magazine buyrates) "East Coast Vs. West Coast" rap feud artificially made Biggie seem as if he was on Pac's level.

He was not.

Not in sales, not in legitimate street credibility nor in level of fame/notoriety with the die hard rap fans of the time though I will acknowledge that he most definitely was a rising star, there is no doubt about that and had he not been killed over time he probably would've earned a similar amount of fame and notoriety and legend status that 2pac was building and in a way during even his life already had acheived.

In anycase the general public usually does not know due to a combination of business/laziness/lack of researching that 2pac and Biggie were real life friends before being rap rivals and even though both of them qualified as "Chads" or rather "Chadrones" by this forum's standard 2pac in comparison to Biggie was an ultra mega GigaChad and Biggie was from what I can tell was basically treated by 2pac as a kind of "little brother" figure despite his much larger porcine frame, heh.

2pac deferred to him as "Christopher" and was CLEARLY in the alpha power position during their friendship as he gave Biggie a place to stay when he was broke/poor and homeless which Pac refers to in "Hit Em Up" in the lyric about letting Biggie "sleep on his couch".

2pac was ahead of his time in fashion sense being a huge Versace fan and Biggie saw this and ripped the idea off from him hence Biggie's famous Versace shades and likely other clothing items and while Puff Daddy had an affiliation with New York gangsters 2pac had an FBI file a mile wide on him and hardcore OG prisoners and gang members and leaders left and right wanting him to "run their program/mission" whatever you call it for them as they saw the leadership power potential in 2pac via his personal charisma or whatever you want to call it "x factor" that drew people to him about himself. Whereas Biggie had no such power even with Puff Daddy's gangsters backing them up.

Biggie once foolishly disrespected 2pac's friend and fellow rapper E40 in a very stupid and unprovoked way and literally could've been killed probably years before the East Coast West Coast rivalry got started as Biggie for whatever reason ended up by himself or with a few of his friends in an area controlled by hardcore gangsters that were loyal to and loved E40 like a brother and all it would've taken is for E40 to give the word and Biggie would've disappeared from the earth right then and there but E40 let it slide and told them to just leave it alone and let Biggie go about his business.

I believe if memory serves correct the diss that almost got Biggie killed is I think some interviewer asked him what he thought of E40's music and Biggie didn't just politely say he wasn't a fan he basically trashed E40's talent in a very vulgar manner but yeah to his credit I think Biggie did later apologize to E40 for the level of vitriol he made with his insult and not just because he was feeling obligated to do so either for E40 not having him killed but I think Biggie really did genuinely later realize that he was "out of pocket" as the niggers say or "talking greasy" as they also say and wanting to make proper amends.

In anycase though the rap song "Hit Em Up" is basically 2pac telling mostly the truth about the levels both men were on at the time and neither Biggie or Bad Boy records were ever on 2pac's level.

So not being a contrarian cuck to you, just thought you'd be interested to know this as a fellow "quality" rap fan.

Oh yeah and the only thing I wouldn't put too much stock into is 2pac's claim that he "fucked Biggie's wife" although I'm sure as a self described "Boss Playa" he probably could have if he really wanted to.

Thrash revival was great for sure. But I liked the doom and stoner revival too. I'm a big nerd for the genre-bending stuff, so I really enjoyed the huge influx of post-metal and blackgaze and jazzgrind and all that crazy stuff.

Not for everyone though, I'll admit.
i never listened to much to doom except type o negative and a pale horse named death
Good post brother.

Though one thing (since you're a rap fan too apparently) that I want to point out for you that you'd probably be interested to know is that Biggie wasn't actually as "big" as 2pac (heh...well bigger in size physically of course but you and everyone here knows that I'm talking about both "street cred" and "fame" here, etc, etc).

Yet PERCEPTION= reality more often than not in the lazy and generally retarded public's mind so at the time since the rap magazines and Jewish mass media in their intent to create a lucrative (for themselves and their ratings/magazine buyrates) "East Coast Vs. West Coast" rap feud artificially made Biggie seem as if he was on Pac's level.

He was not.

Not in sales, not in legitimate street credibility nor in level of fame/notoriety with the die hard rap fans of the time though I will acknowledge that he most definitely was a rising star, there is no doubt about that and had he not been killed over time he probably would've earned a similar amount of fame and notoriety and legend status that 2pac was building and in a way during even his life already had acheived.

In anycase the general public usually does not know due to a combination of business/laziness/lack of researching that 2pac and Biggie were real life friends before being rap rivals and even though both of them qualified as "Chads" or rather "Chadrones" by this forum's standard 2pac in comparison to Biggie was an ultra mega GigaChad and Biggie was from what I can tell was basically treated by 2pac as a kind of "little brother" figure despite his much larger porcine frame, heh.

2pac deferred to him as "Christopher" and was CLEARLY in the alpha power position during their friendship as he gave Biggie a place to stay when he was broke/poor and homeless which Pac refers to in "Hit Em Up" in the lyric about letting Biggie "sleep on his couch".

2pac was ahead of his time in fashion sense being a huge Versace fan and Biggie saw this and ripped the idea off from him hence Biggie's famous Versace shades and likely other clothing items and while Puff Daddy had an affiliation with New York gangsters 2pac had an FBI file a mile wide on him and hardcore OG prisoners and gang members and leaders left and right wanting him to "run their program/mission" whatever you call it for them as they saw the leadership power potential in 2pac via his personal charisma or whatever you want to call it "x factor" that drew people to him about himself. Whereas Biggie had no such power even with Puff Daddy's gangsters backing them up.

Biggie once foolishly disrespected 2pac's friend and fellow rapper E40 in a very stupid and unprovoked way and literally could've been killed probably years before the East Coast West Coast rivalry got started as Biggie for whatever reason ended up by himself or with a few of his friends in an area controlled by hardcore gangsters that were loyal to and loved E40 like a brother and all it would've taken is for E40 to give the word and Biggie would've disappeared from the earth right then and there but E40 let it slide and told them to just leave it alone and let Biggie go about his business.

I believe if memory serves correct the diss that almost got Biggie killed is I think some interviewer asked him what he thought of E40's music and Biggie didn't just politely say he wasn't a fan he basically trashed E40's talent in a very vulgar manner but yeah to his credit I think Biggie did later apologize to E40 for the level of vitriol he made with his insult and not just because he was feeling obligated to do so either for E40 not having him killed but I think Biggie really did genuinely later realize that he was "out of pocket" as the niggers say or "talking greasy" as they also say and wanting to make proper amends.

In anycase though the rap song "Hit Em Up" is basically 2pac telling mostly the truth about the levels both men were on at the time and neither Biggie or Bad Boy records were ever on 2pac's level.

So not being a contrarian cuck to you, just thought you'd be interested to know this as a fellow "quality" rap fan.

Oh yeah and the only thing I wouldn't put too much stock into is 2pac's claim that he "fucked Biggie's wife" although I'm sure as a self described "Boss Playa" he probably could have if he really wanted to.
i think biggie was as famous as 2pac, biggie had two #1 hits in 1997 and a diamond album. and his debut was multi-platinum. i think he was as famous as 2pac. 2pac got famous in 1993 with i get around and keep ya head up going on the hot 100 and biggie's first top ten hit was in 1995 with big poppa and juicy

Last edited:
Media has to destroy things we associate with white America and make room for tyrone and juan

i think people who listen to dubstep and trash rap shit have brain damage

I recently started to listen to the first dubstep music created. It is good and slow tempo, when it went mainstream it died.
Brostep 2011

Old Dubstep from the UK 2006

in the early-mid 2010s, bands like foster the people, imagine dragons, lorde, etc were being played on rock radio and labeled as "alternative". those bands aren't rock they're just pure pop. real alternative is bands like weezer and smashing pumpkin

Yes, I think the rise of "alternative" bands helped in the death of rock. Never liked imagine dragons, and the only tolerable song by foster the people is pumped up kicks. SOAD was woke (not sjw woke) as fuck thought for the era, if you listen to the songs and lyrics they talk alot about the ramifications of the middle eastern wars, military industrial complex, the media and Hollywood. I think they hit on the nail the current state of the media that scaremongers everyone, trying to keep them glued to the talmud vision. Honestly I would not be surprised if they got de-platformed because the controversial lyrics in rock. It was easier to sell brainless rap to impressionable kids with lyrics about sex, money, and women. I love rock from 2000 era, really has a nice boldness to it that gives it energy, the electric guitar is meant to be high energy instrument but no one seems to play it like that anymore.

seriously 2009 was the last year where people were still listening to rock. in 2009, the rock bands that were popular were Nickelback, shinedown, 3 doors down, paramore, boys like girls, green day, all-american rejects. in 2008, it was nickelback, paramore, finger eleven, etc. in 2007, it was nickelback, all american rejects, fall out boy, three days grace, the red jumpsuit apparatus, my chemical romance, avril lavigne, etc. in 2005/2006, it was all american rejects, green day, nickelback, staind, 3 doors down, fall out boy, three days grace, panic at the disco, AFI, SOAD, red hot chili peppers, evanescence, etc.

then the year 2010 arrived and suddenly rock bands weren't on the top of the charts anymore. but honestly even in the year 2010 rock was more popular than it is now i guess. and in the early-mid 2010s, bands like foster the people, imagine dragons, lorde, etc were being played on rock radio and labeled as "alternative". those bands aren't rock they're just pure pop. real alternative is bands like weezer and smashing pumpkins.

I played the hell out of their first two albums. I think I discovered them between 2006 and 2008 because I remember when their 2009 album wasn't released yet. Then it dropped in 2009, and I remember it just like yesterday; roaming the halls of my high school during the first week of eight grade. Great, great times! I wish I hadn't gotten myself banned from Last.fm in 2007; that way I would have precisely known when I got into them. I re-registered on Last.fm in 2010. So that is three years worth of data that I will never precisely remember. I also remember cleaning up my library on there so my current stats are inaccurate. Bless the Wayback Machine, waves of nostalgia rush over me when I look it up. Between 2006 and 2007, I went from listening to Top 40 songs my brothers liked to my own kind of music: first ever band I got into was McFly, then Busted, eventually Boys Like Girls, Cute Is What We Aim For, et cetera. So, BLG was one of the first bands I had gotten into. In 2007, I got my first taste of post-hardcore by listening to a song: A Skylit Drive's Drown The City. Quickly afterwards, I listened to my first ever post-hardcore album: Escape The Fate's Dying Is Your Latest Fashion thanks to the Smosh forums. I really, really miss those days where I had no care in the world.

not sure but i hate modern music ngl

not sure but i hate modern music ngl
people online try to recommend us modern music that is good but all of it is boring and generic too

Rock is sorta associated with foids putting out for non chad males. Foids don’t really do that anymore now that their Rights are so strong and they fuck chad only.

Zoomers want to be cool like blacks.

I played the hell out of their first two albums. I think I discovered them between 2006 and 2008 because I remember when their 2009 album wasn't released yet. Then it dropped in 2009, and I remember it just like yesterday; roaming the halls of my high school during the first week of eight grade. Great, great times! I wish I hadn't gotten myself banned from Last.fm in 2007; that way I would have precisely known when I got into them. I re-registered on Last.fm in 2010. So that is three years worth of data that I will never precisely remember. I also remember cleaning up my library on there so my current stats are inaccurate. Bless the Wayback Machine, waves of nostalgia rush over me when I look it up. Between 2006 and 2007, I went from listening to Top 40 songs my brothers liked to my own kind of music: first ever band I got into was McFly, then Busted, eventually Boys Like Girls, Cute Is What We Aim For, et cetera. So, BLG was one of the first bands I had gotten into. In 2007, I got my first taste of post-hardcore by listening to a song: A Skylit Drive's Drown The City. Quickly afterwards, I listened to my first ever post-hardcore album: Escape The Fate's Dying Is Your Latest Fashion thanks to the Smosh forums. I really, really miss those days where I had no care in the world.
then in the 2010s, pop bands like imagine dragons were being labeled as "rock"
Rock is sorta associated with foids putting out for non chad males. Foids don’t really do that anymore now that their Rights are so strong and they fuck chad only.
some rockstars are chads
I recently started to listen to the first dubstep music created. It is good and slow tempo, when it went mainstream it died.
Brostep 2011

Old Dubstep from the UK 2006

Yes, I think the rise of "alternative" bands helped in the death of rock. Never liked imagine dragons, and the only tolerable song by foster the people is pumped up kicks. SOAD was woke (not sjw woke) as fuck thought for the era, if you listen to the songs and lyrics they talk alot about the ramifications of the middle eastern wars, military industrial complex, the media and Hollywood. I think they hit on the nail the current state of the media that scaremongers everyone, trying to keep them glued to the talmud vision. Honestly I would not be surprised if they got de-platformed because the controversial lyrics in rock. It was easier to sell brainless rap to impressionable kids with lyrics about sex, money, and women. I love rock from 2000 era, really has a nice boldness to it that gives it energy, the electric guitar is meant to be high energy instrument but no one seems to play it like that anymore.

i remember a couple years ago migos won a rock award at the awards show and they're mumble rap

then in the 2010s, pop bands like imagine dragons were being labeled as "rock"

some rockstars are chads

i remember a couple years ago migos won a rock award at the awards show and they're mumble rap
Rocks me.

I listen to rock, and tbh I don't mind it not being mainstream anymore because I don't like hearing normies' opinions on music anyways.

people realized that it was easier to press buttons on a synth and keyboard that literally spits out music for you, instead of actually taking the time to learn guitar and bass.

In Yourope, Rock music is still in Charts sometimes. The only problem is that the music of today is generally produced garbage.

In Yourope, Rock music is still in Charts sometimes. The only problem is that the music of today is generally produced garbage.
You mean Europe?

They pushed to keep rap music and sex pop music on the airwaves. I was what people would consider emo back then so I knew plenty of people that love it. You can still find the Deathcore scene going but nothing can be considered "mainstream" unless its on popular radio but in reality alot of people still listen to alternative/metal.

Rock used to be just as reviled as rap is so I find it funny how much the narrative has changed. I won't be surprised if in 10 years people will act like gangsta rap was cultured to denigrate soundcloud rap. That complaint aside, I have noticed how much Rock has changed as well. Arctic Monkeys and The Strokes were two popular rock bands of the 2000s and early 2010s, but their later music is nothing like their original stuff. Their current albums are also drastically different, but I chalk that up to age. The way their styles changed during their prime shows me that artists and audiences fell out with traditional rock. I guess people just don't like listening to the same style of music forever.

Because nigger rap music
ngl this is kinda true. normies are sheep and rap/trap garbage has been heavily pushed so everyone started listening to that shit all of a sudden

Rock used to be just as reviled as rap is so I find it funny how much the narrative has changed. I won't be surprised if in 10 years people will act like gangsta rap was cultured to denigrate soundcloud rap. That complaint aside, I have noticed how much Rock has changed as well. Arctic Monkeys and The Strokes were two popular rock bands of the 2000s and early 2010s, but their later music is nothing like their original stuff. Their current albums are also drastically different, but I chalk that up to age. The way their styles changed during their prime shows me that artists and audiences fell out with traditional rock. I guess people just don't like listening to the same style of music forever.
The arctic monkeys were only popular in the first half of the 2010s. And the strokes were more early 2000s

I liked nu metal a lot back then tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back