Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Will the lust for revenge be bred out of the population?

Mountainbikecel

Mountainbikecel

Genetiker und Evolutionspsychologe.
★★★★
If you hear "revenge", you might think about angry ethnic clans. it actually evolved to protect your kinship from aggressors.
it is, in some sense, even altruistic, because no cooperation between people without punishing the "cheaters" / agressors. the punisher causes damage to the punished, but he himself has some costs. he might even risk his life.

as so many other problems, it boils down that we don't live in small social circles no more.
if i risk my life to have revenge on a cheater, my whole clan (kinship) benefitted in the past.

nowadays, society still benefits from people who take their justified revenge, but the people who benefit from it might be just some neighbours or coworkers whose worklpace just got safer, and not genetically related to the punisher no more. so my prediction is that in the future, if we don't do anything, people will loose their interest in revenge if chances of them or their relatives encountering this person ever again is low anyway.

the only force left to punish those who deserve punishment will be the police, but jfl at soy police hunting inkwells.

i strongly advocate to artificially make human groups smaller again, so everybody knows everybody, everybody knows who is a adulterer, who slept with whom, and who is deserving of revenge in general.

big city life doesn't do us good

The Hatred and Trauma will still be there. That is why All those femoids who were hurt by Chad project their hatred and frustrations on Incels like us whobhad nothing to do with it.