Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Why are the male model and Hollywood actor phenotypes so different? And why is the "male model" look so unpopular in movies and pop culture?

R

RageAgainstTDL

Overlord
★★★★★
Examples of Hollywood Phenotype
christian-bale-sehr-geschniegelt-im-anzug.jpg

MV5BNjUxNDcwMTg4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjU4NDYyOA@@._V1_UY317_CR15,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

matt-damon-2.jpg

v1.bjsxMTc2ODc7ajsxNzc3NjsxMjAwOzI3MDA7NDA1MA

Examples of Male Model Phenotype:
8af216802e9582617d5ab5d5e5020c54.png

country-road-cr-stories-simple-things-profiles-jordan-barrett-01.jpg

ad972958c9d6a9cea683d3797110bf99.jpg

youngmodel2.jpg

Primary differences between male models and Hollywood actors:
  • Hollywood actors typically have larger foreheads
  • Hollywood actors typically have less hooded or hunter eyes
  • Hollywood actors are generally not as square jawed

My Thoughts:

This is something I have spent a lot of time thinking about the past few years. While I don't know exactly, I've seen or heard a few theories kicked around:
  • Theory #1: If Hollywood used "male model" phenotype actors, it would repel male audiences, so they don't. POSSIBLY. But this doesn't really fit with the fact that even movies made for female audiences typically have more "Hollywood phenotype" lead actor(s) in them. eg. Twilight.

• Theory #2: There are no male models capable of acting since they are too dumb. POSSIBLY. But acting isn't really hard. eg. Alex Pettyfer who is a model became an actor, but despite having top model looks, all his movies have underperformed.

• Theory #3: Male model looks are too one-dimensional for acting. When you look like a male model, people will see you as a dumb hunk of meat and nothing else. You won't be able to evoke sympathy from audiences, or affection, or joy. Just sexual attraction from women and ambivalence from men.
Out of those theories, I am leaning more and more to Theory #3 as time goes on. I think male model looks have the advantage for raw sexuality. But the fact is pretty much none of the top earning male actors of the past 30 years have looked like male models. And those actors have earned FAR more than actual male models. So that should show male model looks have limitations.

For example, a very low forehead like male models may be masculine, but it also makes you look Simian or low IQ.

I notice this trend away from the male model phenotype even in places like the WWE where the most male model phenotyped wrestlers are not remotely the most popular. For example, this guy:

960.jpg

Is far more popular than this guy:

roman-reigns-696x392.jpg

Similarly also in the pop music world, we see very few male pop stars with male model phenotype. Even though anyone can be a "pop singer" today thanks to pro teams of songwriters and pitch correction.

What do you think?

All thoughts are welcome.

Last edited:
I think the biggest factor is acting. As an actor you need to know how to act. Since guys with male model faces are so few, we would see even fewer in Hollywood. Also these insanely good looking guys lack motivation I guess. When you are gettng so much pussy from a young age you won't feel very motivated for other stuff. While other less attractive guys might try to compensate for their lack of looks. Also the actors that you picked are still good looking males, though not male model tier.

I think the biggest factor is acting. As an actor you need to know how to act. Since guys with male model faces are so few, we would see even fewer in Hollywood. Also these insanely good looking guys lack motivation I guess. When you are gettng so much pussy from a young age you won't feel very motivated for other stuff. While other less attractive guys might try to compensate for their lack of looks. Also the actors that you picked are still good looking males, though not male model tier.

Certainly I am not saying big Hollywood actors are not good looking.

But there is a very clear difference between how Hollywood and pop culture treats men and women that can't be ignored here and I think undermines the suggestion you're making to a fair extent.

Many of the top female actresses have female model tier looks.

Rosie Huntington-Whitely was a pro model before she acted, and she was good in Mad Max, proving it doesn't take that much skill:

huntington-whiteley-rosie-image.jpg

Amber Heard is a horrible actress but top tier beautiful, so she keeps getting big movie roles:

Amber-Heard-CelebHealthy_com.jpg

Megan Fox looks like many female models and she can't act for shit either, yet has been in massive movies over and over:

220px-Megan_Fox_2014.jpg

Natalie Portman did one good movie (The Professional) and then has sucked in everything else since yet she gets endless chances because of her top tier facial structure:

549e817d27975_-_natalie-portman-s-hairstyles-lg.jpg

I think the difference between many top tier Hollywood actresses and top tier female models is much smaller than the gap between top Hollywood male actors and male models.

I think society sees no downside to the highest level of female beauty. But it DOES see a downside to the highest level of male beauty. You become a "meathead". You look low IQ. You become unrelatable.

Hence top tier beautiful women litter Hollywood movies, but top tier beautiful men are rarer.

I go sleeping now. But are you sure it is like this? I feel you just posted the old guard and the younger actors are all much better looking typical sunnyboys maybe not quite model like though tbh.

Unpopular opinion maybe, but I feel like male actors are just closing up now after the freeing and commercialization of female sexuality.

Genuin question. I don't watch much stuff anymore.

Last edited:
What do you think of this theory:

- Male model phenotype is extremely rare.

- Becoming a Hollywood actor is extremely rare.

Therefore, the combination of these rarities makes it so you will never come across a male model actor? Here is a similar example, why have we not come across a 7 foot 5 male model? For the exact same reason listed above. Male model phenotype is extremely rare, and extreme height is extremely rare. I think that this is the strongest theory as to why. There are some exceptions: Rob Lowe. Dolph Lundgren. Matt Bomer. Colton Haynes. Every one of those had a male model face during their prime years, and also had Hollywood acting careers.

Intergalactic IQ post, and i agree that point 3 seems the most convincing.

Point 1 is the least convincing, the coincidence would be very strange.

Therefore, the combination of these rarities makes it so you will never come across a male model actor? Here is a similar example, why have we not come across a 7 foot 5 male model? For the exact same reason listed above. Male model phenotype is extremely rare, and extreme height is extremely rare. I think that this is the strongest theory as to why. There are some exceptions: Rob Lowe. Dolph Lundgren. Matt Bomer. Colton Haynes. Every one of those had a male model face during their prime.

But the two aren't two independant occurences though, they are related, the moment you are extremely good looking, you get more chances at becoming a hollywood actor (unless you can't act), so it's not like they are two independants odds.

I go sleeping now. But are you sure it is like this? I feel you just posted the old guard and the younger actors are all much better looking typical sunnyboys maybe not quite model like though tbh.

Unpopular opinion maybe, but I feel like male actors are just closing up now after the freeing and commercialization of female sexuality.

No man. Yes I used pictures of those guys in their 40s. But even in their 30s they did not have the male model phenotype. Neither does Ryan Gosling, or The Rock, or Andrew Garfield, or Hugh Grant, or Hugh Jackman, or Robert Downey Jr, or Benedict Cumberpatch, or Ryan Reynolds, or Chris Evans, or Michael Fassbender, etc.

I could list forever but almost none of the biggest actors have EVER looked like male models, even in their absolute primes.

There is a very clear difference. I refuse to believe it's not intentional.

A big Hollywood film costs hundreds of millions to make. Every decision is scrutinized. If they could make more money but putting a male model in the lead role, they would.

The fact is the male model phenotype is NOT popular in pop culture.

Last edited:
Examples of Hollywood Phenotype
christian-bale-sehr-geschniegelt-im-anzug.jpg

MV5BNjUxNDcwMTg4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjU4NDYyOA@@._V1_UY317_CR15,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

matt-damon-2.jpg

v1.bjsxMTc2ODc7ajsxNzc3NjsxMjAwOzI3MDA7NDA1MA

Examples of Male Model Phenotype:
8af216802e9582617d5ab5d5e5020c54.png

country-road-cr-stories-simple-things-profiles-jordan-barrett-01.jpg

ad972958c9d6a9cea683d3797110bf99.jpg

youngmodel2.jpg

Primary differences between male models and Hollywood actors:
  • Hollywood actors typically have larger foreheads
  • Hollywood actors typically have less hooded or hunter eyes
  • Hollywood actors are generally not as square jawed

My Thoughts:

This is something I have spent a lot of time thinking about the past few years. While I don't know exactly, I've seen or heard a few theories kicked around:
  • Theory #1: If Hollywood used "male model" phenotype actors, it would repel male audiences, so they don't. POSSIBLY. But this doesn't really fit with the fact that even movies made for female audiences typically have more "Hollywood phenotype" lead actor(s) in them. eg. Twilight.

• Theory #2: There are no male models capable of acting since they are too dumb. POSSIBLY. But acting isn't really hard. eg. Alex Pettyfer who is a model became an actor, but despite having top model looks, all his movies have underperformed.

• Theory #3: Male model looks are too one-dimensional for acting. When you look like a male model, people will see you as a dumb hunk of meat and nothing else. You won't be able to evoke sympathy from audiences, or affection, or joy. Just sexual attraction from women and ambivalence from men.
Out of those theories, I am leaning more and more to Theory #3 as time goes on. I think male model looks have the advantage for raw sexuality. But the fact is pretty much none of the top earning male actors of the past 30 years have looked like male models. And those actors have earned FAR more than actual male models. So that should show male model looks have limitations.

For example, a very low forehead like male models may be masculine, but it also makes you look Simian or low IQ.

I notice this trend away from the male model phenotype even in places like the WWE where the most male model phenotyped wrestlers are not remotely the most popular. For example, this guy:

960.jpg

Is far more popular than this guy:

roman-reigns-696x392.jpg

Similarly also in the pop music world, we see very few male pop stars with male model phenotype. Even though anyone can be a "pop singer" today thanks to pro teams of songwriters and pitch correction.

What do you think?

All thoughts are welcome.

Dude. Matthew Mccanaghey is a model in fact he was voted most attractive man on earth

Lmao no. Mccanaghey was a model and voted world's most attractive man

Therefore, the combination of these rarities makes it so you will never come across a male model actor? Here is a similar example, why have we not come across a 7 foot 5 male model? For the exact same reason listed above. Male model phenotype is extremely rare, and extreme height is extremely rare. I think that this is the strongest theory as to why. There are some exceptions: Rob Lowe. Dolph Lundgren. Matt Bomer. Colton Haynes. Every one of those had a male model face during their prime.

BTW modeling is all about propotion, I heard, at least for catalogues. For some reason smaller models are prefered. I don't remember why though.

Interesting observation. I've never noticed this before

Any examples for this type of actor under thirty from today? Would interest me. Maybe I just watched to much shit with my sis.

Last edited:

Therefore, the combination of these rarities makes it so you will never come across a male model actor? Here is a similar example, why have we not come across a 7 foot 5 male model? For the exact same reason listed above. Male model phenotype is extremely rare, and extreme height is extremely rare. I think that this is the strongest theory as to why. There are some exceptions: Rob Lowe. Dolph Lundgren. Matt Bomer. Colton Haynes. Every one of those had a male model face during their prime years, and also had Hollywood acting careers.

No again. This makes no sense. Male models don't make that much money. Hollywood actors make WAY WAY WAY WAY more.

If the key to making a movie successful was hiring a male model to play the lead, Hollywood would do that and spend $1 million on acting coaching before each scene to make it work.

A male model could make $20 million off a single movie if he was popular for it. That might be more than he'd make in his entire career modeling otherwise. "Sean O'Pry, the world's highest paid male model, only makes $1.5 million a year."

Random female models like Rosie Huntington-Whitely are often cast in movies (Mad Max) because people want to see top tier beautiful women. Megan Fox has never been able to act but gets massive roles.

Because people pay to see top beautiful women in films. But they seem less interested in paying to see male models. Those guys you listed were all comparatively very minor celebrities. An example like Rob Lowe is partly what has made me think about this so much. He is far more handsome than many male actors yet been far less popular.

I have found cases like that puzzling for years. This is the only explanation I can come to that makes sense.

Last edited:
hollywood actors get paid to act, and to "sell" movies just by appearing in them.

Not look good in clothes or advertise stuff.

Because people pay to see top beautiful women in films. But they seem less interested in paying to see male models.

Here's another theory we can add to the table:

You are rating men using an entirely incorrect methodology. The Hollywood actors that you think are less attractive, actually have more sex-appeal in the eyes of females. Who ever said that looking like a male model is equal to having the maximum sex-appeal?

In other words, Channing Tatum and Kellan Lutz and Chris Hemsworth are sexier to females than Sean O'Pry and that is who they want in movies.

hollywood actors get paid to act, and to "sell" movies just by appearing in them.

Not look good in clothes or advertise stuff.

Yeah but acting isn't hard. Let's be real. Most movies are not that demanding for acting skill. Sure if you're talking about a really complicated movie. But what Robert Downey Jr does as Iron Man is not that special. He just acts like a cocky dick 24/7. Or Chris Evans as Captain America. He just furrows his brow and says everything like it's the most serious thing he's ever said.

These are NOT the only men in the world who can do these things. There are far better looking men capable of acting like cocky dickbags or overly serious about everything.

But yet those men are not cast in these roles.

Despite BILLIONS OF DOLLARS riding on the casting decisions.

This has been going on as long as Hollywood has existed. This is Humphrey Bogart, one of the biggest stars of the black and white era:

humphrey-bogart-9217486-1-402.jpg

It is not by accident, it is not a coincidence, and it isn't because most Hollywood actors are so exceptionally talented at acting no one else could do the job. Acting coaching is not expensive if needed. They pay guys like Chris Evans millions of dollars because he can fill seats. Not because he's the best actor in the world or the best looking guy. Truth is he is neither.

There seems to be a "sweet spot" for male attractiveness that has the potential for greatest profitability. Guys like Chris Evans hit it perfectly.

Yeah but acting isn't hard. Let's be real. Most movies are not that demanding for acting skill. Sure if you're talking about a really complicated movie. But what Robert Downey Jr does as Iron Man is not that special. He just acts like a cocky dick 24/7. Or Chris Evans as Captain America. He just furrows his brow and says everything like it's the most serious thing he's ever said.

These are NOT the only men in the world who can do these things. There are far better looking men capable of acting like cocky dickbags or overly serious about everything.

But yet those men are not cast in these roles.

Despite BILLIONS OF DOLLARS riding on the casting decisions.

This has been going on as long as Hollywood has existed. This is Humphrey Bogart, one of the biggest stars of the black and white era:

humphrey-bogart-9217486-1-402.jpg

It is not by accident, it is not a coincidence, and it isn't because most Hollywood actors are so exceptionally talented at acting no one else could do the job. Acting coaching is not expensive if needed. They pay guys like Chris Evans millions of dollars because he can fill seats. Not because he's the best actor in the world or the best looking guy. Truth is he is neither.

There seems to be a "sweet spot" for male attractiveness that has the potential for greatest profitability. Guys like Chris Evans hit it perfectly.
It probably has to do with being in the right place at the right time, having certain opportunities and knowing certain people also.

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls074328260/

vast majority of these guys are sub8 with most being sub6

Male dominated industry. Males and females are selected in accordance with this bias.

Here's another theory we can add to the table:

You are rating men using an entirely incorrect methodology. The Hollywood actors that you think are less attractive, actually have more sex-appeal in the eyes of females. Who ever said that looking like a male model is equal to having the maximum sex-appeal?

In other words, Channing Tatum and Kellan Lutz and Chris Hemsworth are sexier to females than Sean O'Pry.

Yes! This is what I'm wondering essentially.

But on the other hand, we do know that male models are the top most rawly sexually attractive men to women based on Tinder experiments.

In Tinder experiments, the top male models DESTROY EVERYONE ELSE. Thus it suggests male models ARE the most sexually attractive men by appearance only.

But yet these men are rarely cast in movies, even if those movies are for women. And when they do get cast (eg. Alex Pettyfer) the movie bombs:

alex-pettyfer-4.jpg

That guy is a perfect male model phenotype. Yet he can't make a single movie perform well. Ryan Gosling has earned far more money and brought in way more female ticket sales despite having more of what I called the "Hollywood phenotype":

MV5BMTQzMjkwNTQ2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTQ4MTQ4MTE@._V1_UY317_CR18,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

My theory is that when women go to a movie, they don't just want raw sexuality. Raw sexuality is one dimensional. They want someone that looks smart, and interesting, and engaging. Someone not too threatening. Someone they could see themselves bringing home to their mom.

Guys like Chris Evans or Ryan Gosling fit that mold better than guys like Miro Cech, Alex Pettyfer, or Colton Haynes. So guys like Chris Evans or Ryan Gosling get the roles.

It would suggest there are different types of attraction - raw sexuality for male model types on Tinder, and a more "wholesome" or well rounded kind of handsomeness in movies and pop culture.

Last edited:

But there is a very clear difference between how Hollywood and pop culture treats men and women that can't be ignored here and I think undermines the suggestion you're making to a fair extent.

Rosie Huntington-Whitely was a pro model before she acted, and she was good in Mad Max, proving it doesn't take that much skill:

Amber Heard is a horrible actress but top tier beautiful, so she keeps getting big movie roles:

Megan Fox looks like many female models and she can't act for shit either, yet has been in massive movies over and over:

220px-Megan_Fox_2014.jpg

Natalie Portman did one good movie (The Professional) and then has sucked in everything else since yet she gets endless chances because of her top tier facial structure:

I think the difference between many top tier Hollywood actresses and top tier female models is much smaller than the gap between top Hollywood male actors and male models.

I think society sees no downside to the highest level of female beauty. But it DOES see a downside to the highest level of male beauty. You become a "meathead". You look low IQ. You become unrelatable.

Hence top tier beautiful women litter Hollywood movies, but top tier beautiful men are rarer.
A little bit of fakeup will turn any girl into a super model as long as its done right, especially when you have professionals doing it, and the ideal female body is way easier to achieve, and that's why it's so common.

All wrong, my man.
To be a successful actor you need:
A modicum of talent in acting
(((CONNECTIONS)))

Randomly winning the genetic lottery does not provide those vital things, and what is the likelyhood of someone not only winning the genetic lottery but also being born in the right (((family))) AND being born in hollywood too?
I think a person would have a better chance of winning an actual lottery than that happening.

There isn't impetus for Hollywood Jews to hire attractive males.

They hire model females so they can fuck them.

Acting is pretty hard for a lot of people, OP. For example, those who are low in trait openness on the so called Big 5 scale, which is a shitload of people.

Every actor you posted is 40+

Every model you posted is in their 20s.

Swallow the agepill, fool.

LOL, it's pretty simple actually. Most Incels are hilariously obsessed with looking hyper masculine, but this sort of taste is kinda old-fashioned. In fact, if you go too far with masculine looks, you end up looking like a low-IQ, neanderthal caveman, and lose universal appeal.

The real shit is metrosexual face + masculine body. Yes, being tall and muscular are always better, but when it comes to the face, ideally you actually want some 'pretty boy' game going on.

Also, stereotypical Ken doll figure looks are super boring. It's the same thing with women, where I constantly notice models and regular people who are prettier in a traditional sense than many famous Hollywood actresses, but they never become huge stars, because their face is quite uninteresting to look at after a while.

This is why true 10/10 requires unique aesthetic features, and not just cookie-cutter handsome or beautiful.

Last edited:
my take:

looking at your pictures,

models have a COLD vibe/aura/face

actors have a WARM vibe/aura/face

Every actor you posted is 40+

Every model you posted is in their 20s.

Swallow the agepill, fool.

No. This is not it. Look at pics of the those guys or any of the major Hollywood actors I listed in their youth. None of them had the low hairlines, strong browridges, square jaws, hunter eyes, or angular cheekbones of male models. Age doesn't change that.

Modelling and acting are two different jobs. An actor must appeal to all audiences like children, men, women. A male model must appeal to people that are powerful in the clothing business. I.e. the main focus must be on the clothes. Therefore models often have relatively boring faces and personalities. Actors in contrast must be interesting and charismatic and appeal to the average John Doe from the street. Models must appeal to snobs.

It's probably because while actors are good looking, they are not so strikingly good looking that they would ruin the immersion of a movie.

Male models are what women go to to get wet. Celebrities are what women go to to romanticize.

Because actors need to be expressive and talented at acting. Their physical appearance can be appreciated for certain roles, but it's not the main parameter off what makes a good actor. Most good actors need to be able to embody various human types, to modify their behavior and appearance in order to stick to a certain character with a particular psychology.

Meanwhile, male models just have to sit there and look nice.

Also, female actress have most of the time the same prerogative as male models lol

No. This is not it. Look at pics of the those guys or any of the major Hollywood actors I listed in their youth. None of them had the low hairlines, strong browridges, square jaws, hunter eyes, or angular cheekbones of male models. Age doesn't change that.

Age changes everything. It all collapses.

Men control the movie business. They don't care whether the men are good looking. That plus the fact that male model faces are extremely rare. Even most male models aren't anything special. And there are your Tom Cruises and

Male model looking types are unsympathetic, you can't look at one and imagine him as anyone other than a fuckboy narcissist. The ideal look for movies is to be strikingly attractive but still have "regular guy" vibes, so it's easier to put yourself in their shoes.

While I don't think acting is a trainable, high IQ intensive skill, it is clearly based in whatever people refer to as charisma. In my view, "charisma" is how likable your "total human expression" is. What I mean is it is your looks plus voice plus mannerisms and gestures. I always look at less attractive or even ugly actors as the pinnacle of this phenomena, because they don't have looks to fall back on. Think of actors like Steve Buscemi or Paul Giamatti. Their looks are tied to their expression, but they are able to command your attention with their expression regardless. Anyways, my point is that handsome actors have to some amount of this charisma as well. Will Smith a few years back would've been a great example of a guy people found attractive and very charismatic.

This, women tend to relate to the female 8/10 or 9/10 actors because of their inflated sense of beauty in themselves. They can relate to the beautiful actresses because they feel that they themselves are also that beautiful. Male models are seen less in movies because males tend to be more grounded, and the average guy can't relate to a Gigachad.

This, women tend to relate to the female 8/10 or 9/10 actors because of their inflated sense of beauty in themselves. They can relate to the beautiful actresses because they feel that they themselves are also that beautiful. Male models are seen less in movies because males tend to be more grounded, and the average guy can't relate to a Gigachad.

I think this is part of it, but I would take it even one step further and say that even women can't relate to a GigaChad. They might want to fuck GigaChad on Tinder, but I don't think they're capable of empathizing with GigaChad.

GigaChads are such different species of humanity I believe no one really wants to see them in movies. Men don't want to be mogged. Women don't want to feel ugly/insecure or be reminded of all the Gigas that pumped and dumped them.

@theoldnick said that the models look "cold" while the actors look "warm" . I would agree with this.

Take Alex Pettyfer as an example:

alex-pettyfer-4.jpg

One of the best looking guys to ever work in Hollywood.

But does this look like a man who you grab beers with after work? Or the guy who gets down on his luck and has to venture into illegal activities to stay afloat? Or the guy who has to win over a girl with romantic overtures?

No. He looks like a rich, good looking prick who's never had to work for anything in his life (true actually in his case).

So I think one last piece is that male model looks lack versatility. They look like the guy who fucked your girlfriend in the backseat of his car, then got a 6 figure job from daddy's firm. But that's it. They don't look like anything else.

By contrast, this guy looks good looking but in a very nonthreatening way:

He looks like he COULD be a guy you hang out with in a bar. Or a guy who might have to do shady shit to stay afloat. Or a guy who might have to work hard to win over a girl. And girls will like his appearance but they won't be intimidated by his looks.

I think this is probably the sweet spot for life as a man.

Who can a guy like Alex Pettyfer even be friends with? Who would hang out with someone that ridiculously handsome? Probably 8+ looks for men are actually really alienating. Obviously they will get you endless sex. But I've read a lot of stories about "what it's like to be a really good looking man" and what many many many of them say is girls won't even stick around because they feel too threatened and insecure all the time.

Some of these guys literally want an LTR and girls just can't handle being in an LTR with a guy that handsome. Same as they don't want them in a movie.

I bet the highest quality of life is for 7-8/10 men. Good looking enough girls will want you in every way possible. But you can still have male friends and get along with people in general without freaking everyone out.

The fact that most male movie stars are in this 7-8/10 range I think validates this. It's the most versatile looks range for a man.

220px-Megan_Fox_2014.jpg

Bullshit

1. Rosie Huntington-Whitely is a shitty actress and did the simplest job in Mad Max. That movie rocked because of Miller's insane preproduction and talented crew. Rosie was watchable there not because she's a good actress but because Miller is a good director and he knows how to get what he wants. She sucks in the only other movie she's in because Michael Bay doesn't really give a fuck about acting.

2. Amber Heard gets movie roles of the same level as her acting skills. She is a very narrow typecast and won't be able to get any good roles ever. She is cast now mainly because she's kinda popular, so if the producers don't have enough money to cast Scarlett Johansson (who btw is a good actress) they cast Heard and people might still go and see her.

3. Same as #1. She plays shitty roles in shitty movies and everybody knows that. She was big once (when she was in Transformers) but managed to fuck it up. She does have a bit of comedic timing but nobody would ever cast her outside of typecast or famous name.

4. Natalie Portman is a fantastic actress when she's given a good director to guide her. Have you watched Black Swan? She was pretty good in Annihilation as well, okay in V for Vendetta. The roles where she sucked were directed by a shitty director. She does her job well but she cannot pull anything out of a shitty role. And I've heard that she is pretty fucking smart as well so it's not her looks that determined her success.

Of course, there's a certain Hollywood pattern of attractive women among the most popular actors but a talent goes along usually because otherwise they will be stuck with typecast roles and be easily replaced. I can definitely say that a famous name is much more important than a pretty face. Same with men, but to a lesser extent. They have to be a little bit attractive and fit but unlike women, men can fix lack of beautiful features with an insane charisma. Examples — Hugh Laurie, Jeremy Renner, Robert Downey jr, Jack Nicholson or Samuel L Jackson.

Hollywood actors actually have talent. Looks aren’t as important as a factor.

You were so close on this one, my theory is most people in Hollywood are trannies. The traits you’ re Talking about are female skull traits. But remember, it’s just theory, a film theory.

Because with MM actors you can't make believable movies; a lifetime of not having to work/train in order to get almost anything you want makes you mentally unable to put yourself in other people's shoes and withstand the whole actual character creation process that good actors go through. That's why they cast them in Disney Channel shows where it doesn't matter if they can't act for shit because the drooling 14yo hormone factories just want an excuse to look at their perfect faces.
we see very few male pop stars with male model phenotype.
You had some fair arguments and then you just had to go and fuck it up boyo.

Last edited:
I believe 8+/10 looks on a man are excessively distracting in most roles and will cause a repulsion of both male and female viewers.
There are plenty of 8+ male actors that do well. I think you mean 9+/10 looks. The high cheekbone "skeletor" look women find so desirable, but men find offputting.

Attachments

• 1534742265772.png
    1534742265772.png
    105.2 KB · Views: 107
There are plenty of 8+ male actors that do well. I think you mean 9+/10 looks. The high cheekbone "skeletor" look women find so desirable, but men find offputting.

Fassbender doesn't have the traditional male model phenotype I'm referring to. Whether he's an 8 or 9 I suppose is subjective. But he doesn't have the male model phenotype at all.

Here he is when he was young:

1a0be7719125e6c686deec87ac871b83.jpg

Neutral canthal tilt. Big forehead. Not as sharp or defined bone structure overall.

Keep in mind I'm not saying he couldn't work as a model with this face. I'm stating that a very specific "male model phenotype" exists with sharp hunter eyes, short compact forehead, angular features, and this phenotype is popular in modeling (as I posted in the first of this thread) and Tinder experiments, but it is almost nonexistent in Hollywood.

Again, this is the male modeling phenotype I am referring to on an actor in Hollywood and he has never been successful:

1e3bc79bb4b062c6_7.jpg

marloes-horst-and-alex-pettyfer-zoom-b909ce22-219a-4757-afa2-e459fcc15177.jpg

Fassbender's good looking. One of the best looking and most talented actors in Hollywood. But he fits in the "Hollywood phenotype" I was referring to. You wouldn't stare at him in a bar or on the street if he wasn't famous.

When I say "male model phenotype" I mean more like Alex Pettyfer, which a very specific, consistent, and completely different phenotype. People absolutely WOULD stare at him whether he was famous or not anywhere he goes. Yet he makes a fraction what 7/10 actors make and no one wants to see his movies. Gosling MOGS him to hell in box office returns and income despite being a fraction as good looking.

Again, I do not believe this is coincidence. I think guys this good looking are simply unrelatable to both genders.

Last edited:

what he said

legit chad male models are so rare it's not even worth discussing

It's status that makes chads, chads.
Matt Damon is the most average looking person ever, and he probably has hundreds of women lusting after him due to his status.

It's status that makes chads, chads.
Matt Damon is the most average looking person ever, and he probably has hundreds of women lusting after him due to his status.

Sort of. He's a 6.5/10 max. You just think he's average because you're a super chad.

But if anyone wants to believe he's so "incredibly talented no male model could do his job" watch The Great Wall.

Any jackass could do what he did in that movie. If they wanted someone better looking, they could have gotten someone better looking.

But they didn't. Just like most big budget movies.
Male model looks are rarer

So what? You only need 5 guys like that in the entire world who can read lines with a slight degree of emotion and you could swap all the Avengers out for them.

But would anyone watch the "Male Model Avengers"? I bet no one would.

Sort of. He's a 6.5/10 max. You just think he's average because you're a super chad.

But if anyone wants to believe he's so "incredibly talented no male model could do his job" watch The Great Wall.

Any jackass could do what he did in that movie. If they wanted someone better looking, they could have gotten someone better looking.

But they didn't. Just like most big budget movies.

I think it's mainly because of the connections, there is a reason why the entire movie industry is centred in small area of California.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back