Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Why are games not fun anymore?

lonelycurry26

lonelycurry26

Self-banned
-
Be it Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Fallout New Vegas, The Outer Worlds: i bought these games, played for a bit and then was annoyed and got rid of them. Dont know why. Before i play them i am always excited but then it feels like i am doing work/chores instead of playing a game. I dont enjoy anything.

Are the new games just shit? Or is my inceldom taking away my joy for games? I dont understanf why every new game i bought on Steam sucks ass.

Modern games are designed to sell , Not to leave a mark and a legacy anymore , They are designed by psychologists to appeal to masses and thats all...Same as anime now.

The narrative and the plot lines suck in most of the new games. The world might not have interesting things to see. Maybe the game developers are hiring faggots nowadays.

It's one of the best copes for an incel. Be glad you live in an age of video games.

Kind of hate how most games now value quantity over quality, 300 hours worth of gameplay isn’t something to brag about if it’s just spent doing stuff equivalent to chores. Witcher 3 was fun, though I was too burned out to continue after finishing main game + first DLC

Because companies hire foids and niggers, which is a recipe for destruction

Games like Forza are pretty good

I think its age. I feel like as a I get older literally everything feels like a chore. My attention span is dead and dopamine receptors are fucked. Very hard to find joy in media copes. Especially those that require effort. I think you need that wasteful energy of a child to enjoy videogames.

Plus its all soulless nowadays. Rpg elements this, mircotransactions that, mmo social media fuckery. Lootboxes bullshit. Every game is rehash of the same "get gamer addicted" formula.

Prolly cause you're depressed af like me

I liked Outer Worlds, but It ended too quickly in my opinion.

Play something more streamlined like Bloodborne, it's challenging and fun af

Be it Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Fallout New Vegas, The Outer Worlds: i bought these games, played for a bit and then was annoyed and got rid of them. Dont know why. Before i play them i am always excited but then it feels like i am doing work/chores instead of playing a game. I dont enjoy anything.

Are the new games just shit? Or is my inceldom taking away my joy for games? I dont understanf why every new game i bought on Steam sucks ass.
U need to rotate copes. start anime movie books or philosophy books for a couple.months before going back to games
Your dopamine receptors have been totally deepfried as you've gradually built up an immunity to videogames.

I used to be able to play videogames hours on end without being bored for even a minute, now I have the same problem much of the time.

I still love gaming though
cope rotation is major key skill to master to get thru life

Last edited:
Mogs me cause I don't even have my own pc and would only play League for the most part whenever I go to computer cafes. :dafuckfeels:

I liked Outer Worlds, but It ended too quickly in my opinion.
I wanted to like it so bad but couldn't get into it. Oddly the only games I can stand now is the Yakuza series, which is weird because it's so repetitive. Maybe that's why I like it, doing the same things over and over while pursuing perfection. Also the game isn't pretentious or pretend it isn't just wasting my time.

I wanted to like it so bad but couldn't get into it. Oddly the only games I can stand now is the Yakuza series, which is weird because it's so repetitive. Maybe that's why I like it, doing the same things over and over while pursuing perfection. Also the game isn't pretentious or pretend it isn't just wasting my time.
u should try judgement and sleeping dogs if u liked Yakuza btw. good taste

I loved Sleeping Dogs too, plan to play Judgement once I finish 0. Is Ryu ga gotoku Ishin! ever getting a US release?

I loved Sleeping Dogs too, plan to play Judgement once I finish 0. Is Ryu ga gotoku Ishin! ever getting a US release?
I hope it does. If Yakuza series keeps selling well, maybe it will. Tho I fear the developers might not ever do it tbh, some companies are lazy fucks and don't want to ever re release older games.

My favorite games just do not get made anymore. SSX, Tony Hawk, those cool arcadey sports games, not seen as profitable enough to shareholders so they don't get made. That or corporate meddling just ruins them. The modern world becoming so focused on the monetary aspect of things took its toll on gaming with MTX and whatnot methinks.
Games like Forza are pretty good
Forza gamer, nice
Oddly the only games I can stand now is the Yakuza series
Ryu Ga Gotoku gamers, nice

Emulate games pre-PS4 era. New games are almost always garbage.

Modern games are designed to sell , Not to leave a mark and a legacy anymore , They are designed by psychologists to appeal to masses and thats all...Same as anime now.
Same for me with a lot of music. All the music i listen to generally is stuff pre 2008 or so. With games i find it usually depends on the type of game, and how long you play it for. Honestly i'm pumped for the new Iron Maiden album coming out this year. And honestly most of the newer stuff you hear on the radio i can listen to and enjoy on the surface, but once you think hard about it or start to analyze it, it falls apart really quick. Modern normie pop/rap/electronic music is really just designed to be repetitive to get stuck in your brain and sell (honestly most music is like this to some degree) and to be good for background activities. If you're busy driving a car or having sex, chances are you aren't gonna be thinking much about the song you put on.

its probably depression.I literally dont enjoy anything anymore Video games used to be a massive life fuel for me. Over the past 2 3 years all I did was replay old games I used to love till I hate them:feelsbadman:

I don't see the point anymore to grind and all that shit just because of some pixel reward

Perhaps play non mainstream games then? :feelsYall:

Start to play chess

A lot of new games are shit, and I'm pretty sure anhedonia is common problem among us incels. So I'm pretty sure your problem is not unique, and is probably a little of column A, a little of column B.

Modern games suck massive bear dicks. If I play any single player games, they will almost always be older games that came out a decade ago or more.

A lot of AAA titles pre-2013 have a lot of replayability. After then, game devs stopped trying to make fun games, and instead make games that look pretty but either have some generic story, or references that attempt to brainwash the person playing the game, e.g. identity politics. Quality control has absolutely gone down the shitter.

A lot of multiplayer FPSes, which I mainly play, are addicting, but they all seem to have a massive cheating problem. It's way too easy to cheat in multiplayer FPSes, especially on the PC. I even used to be a part of it (I was a rage hacker in CS:GO and TF2, and I did it just to piss people off), but that shit gets old fast, and playing legit is much more fun, especially when there's legits on the enemy team, too.
Sim City 2000maxx
Man, I put a shit ton of hours into SimCity 2000. It's unironically a very fun game.

It's possible that games are low quality now or you just got over the gaming scene.

i thought it was me getting older or jaded but i really do think that modern games are just not made to be remembered, Games today just add too many things into them and the games just do not leave a lasting impression and just want to be the next best thing without really doing a good job at it at all.

that being said i have been playing the shit out of breath of the wild and skyward sword hd on my switch and its some of the most fun ive had in years

Last edited:
Modern games are shit. Even the best of the best nowadays like Resident Evil - Village didn't manage to have a fanbase that lasted more than a few weeks, everything is at best like a fire that quickly burns out (due to hyper culture). Back then even decades after the game release people enjoyed it and released new content.
Permanent satisfaction is not something video games are designed for nowadays, rather you get even shamed in some circles for playing a game after months after the initial release. Video games and fanbase are of course in a coevolutionary relationship. Removing the guilt from the fanbase is simply stupid. Even iconic characters of the modern age like Lady Dimitrescu have a fanbase that lasts for weeks and is infantilized/sexualized, back then you had people that for years discussed certain characters. The same with Mods. And most games are also more interactive movies than games while offering no appealing story either.

Games like WoW are simply ruined by the Internet and the quality of the guides there which were specifically designed for high competition, the same reason why Classic didn't bring people the joy they wanted and why they came to the realization that their beloved original content wasn't as hard and fun as back then. Now you don't explore anymore, nowadays you get no feeling of satisfaction anymore for overcoming an obstacle, it feels like following a recipe and whenever something goes wrong in the kitchen/game you feel frustrated instead of motivated. Instead of exploring a world and experimenting you nowadays get told that you need to farm X to get Y and acquiring it feels just like wagecucking (which robs the game of its reason to exist as a contrast to the bleak real world), failure isn't motivating, it's frustrating, like a boss telling you to do the job again because a minor issue happened. The lore is also shit, so if you aren't highly competitively minded and just want to explore the world it is a load of shit. Games that require you to use intellect (like riddle solving games) are nowadays sucking for the same reason.

LoL/etc. are toxic shitholes/normie centrals. If you aren't already a pro by your 1st game people will insult/flame you, if you miss one skillshot at a critical time they suffer a mental breakdown - and these are the same people that will gladly help every girl how to walk in a straight line if she is too retarded to do so. They are like real life due to being infested with normalfags, if you aren't the best of the best as a man you can fuck off, while the unacceptable becomes acceptable as long as a cunt does it. Multiplayer is for me not tolerable anymore.

And then you come to politics and this is apart from everything else another issue. Nowadays everything remotely male gets criticized/dismantled while a woman comitting crimes/being rude and arrogant to people is seen as le epic girlboss moment, everything where a male shines is dismissed as a male phantasy and suddenly realism matters while a girl (50kg/160cm) shattering the skull of a trained battle dog or human muscle conglomerate is seen as empowering/epic. Everything male must be deconstructed, but if women behave in manners they would call toxic by a male they celebrate it. And then the sex scenes, the cringeworthy voice lines with insertions of real life politics in unrelated scenarios (where they discuss the necessity of 4th wave feminism during a zombie apocalypse) and forced LGBTQ shit. You want to play a game about zombies? Watch people fuck each other in the ass. Sex scenes are everywhere.

Storywise nothing appealing for a man - you are either permantently trashed around or have to do something for the benefit of women. Normalfag problems. And then personal dissatisfaction with every cope after a certain time. Everything comes together.

@Meus
@Mentally lost cel

Last edited:
Also I think it’s because your brain is burnt out from playing the same shit

A lot of new games are shit, and I'm pretty sure anhedonia is common problem among us incels. So I'm pretty sure your problem is not unique, and is probably a little of column A, a little of column B.

Modern games are shit. Even the best of the best nowadays like Resident Evil - Village didn't manage to have a fanbase that lasted more than a few weeks, everything is at best like a fire that quickly burns out (due to hyper culture). Back then even decades after the game release people enjoyed it and released new content
Yep it’s just consuming culture at its best, that’s why Golden age cods were so fucking good, they had too many stories and secrets that you can explore year by year,I wish they just updated black ops 1-2 forever , the graphics were the best too, now the new graphics hurt my eyes, back then it was simple fun and aesthetic
LoL/etc. are toxic shitholes/normie centrals. If you aren't already a pro by your 1st game people will insult/flame you, if you miss one skillshot at a critical time they suffer a mental breakdown - and these are the same people that will gladly help every girl how to walk in a straight line if she is too retarded to do so. They are like real life due to being infested with normalfags, if you aren't the best of the best as a man you can fuck off, while the unacceptable becomes acceptable as long as a cunt does it. Multiplayer is for me not tolerable anymore.
Literally every popular normie game is absolute garbage too ,they don’t play any other games ,just their “popular” piece of shit games which is not even fun ,I fucking hate lol and mobas and most popular games like csgo, it explains how garbage and soulless most people are
Multiplayer is for me not tolerable anymore.
I dislike multiplayer too
feminism during a zombie apocalypse) and forced LGBTQ shit. You want to play a game about zombies? Watch people fuck each other in the ass. Sex scenes are everywhere.

Storywise nothing appealing for a man - you are either permantently trashed around or have to do something for the benefit of women. Normalfag problems. And then personal dissatisfaction with every cope after a certain time. Everything comes together
Yeah lol last of us 2 still got goty :lul:

Last edited:
it's probably you, as you age you can tend to just lose interest in games.

games 20 years ago were the same as today, some were good , some were bad, I think it's mostly nostalgia though.

whenever i replay a game from my childhood i am reminded it's not as good as i thought it was.

I went from someone who could play 15 hours of video games a day to someone who can go weeks now without even loading one up. Video games really were not good for my life, I dropped out of college because of diablo 2, then got into WoW which sucked up another decade of my life

Infact as pathetic as it sounds if given the choice now between playing a video game or going to work to earn some money i'd problem choose work.

Last edited:
No more dopamine