Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Who Remembers MSN/Windows Live Messenger?

Mr Joyboy

Mr Joyboy

I'm beyond emotions...
★★★★
I know this forum is mostly 18-21 year olds, but do some of the oldercels here remember the days of MSN Messenger and Windows Live Messenger?

It was a great tool for teaching the blackpill, what with the subtle power dynamics who who initiates the conversation, the pathetic hope accompanying "so-and-so is online", and the gradual realization that even if a girl accepts you as an over-internet conversation partner, it doesn't mean anything about how she feels irl?

MSN Messenger burnt my nerve endings and iced my heart--those memories will always be strong.

MSN was more 2000s

AIM was my thing in the glory years of 1999-2001.

And I'm 22 so I'm still pretty much a youngercel.

I remember it being a thing, I was an AIM guy though.

I used to add random people and have chats with them good times miss those days

I had no one to talk to anyway, even when it was still popular

I used AIM mostly. Never really got into MSN messenger. By that time I was bitter towards women and if guys wanted to talk they'd find me.

Yes

Makes me feel nostalgic, the sound of receiving a message made me orgasm every time

I kinda miss those days, closest I got to getting a gf

I remember there was this one girl who'd talk to me a lot and flirt with me sometimes, it was the first time a girl gave me unsolicited attention and I thought I was legit in love with her because I was an inexperienced fool--but because I was so naive I could actually enjoy the feeling of being "in love" without that feeling being corrupted by the awful facts of life.

Used AIM in the late-1990s and MSN Messenger in the early-2000s. Shot the shit with a bunch of guys, but only remember chatting with one girl all those years. She was nice as hell, in terms of personality anyway, but wasn't really my type in terms of attractiveness. I fell out of contact with her around the time that Hurricane Katrina devastated her area. To this day, I wonder if she's doing alright.

Alas, that was the last time I had an online "relationship" with a female for another ten years, when I started chatting with this Middle Eastern girl who ended up killing herself. Haven't really had any online relationships since... and probably won't have another one again. No femoid wants to talk to me, not even on the internet. Even my overweight NEET brother had an online girlfriend at one time and I can't even get that. FML.

Last edited:
Seeing all the oldcels here is pure ropefuel

MSN was so much better than Skype and Discord. You could change your background, have a unique font and MSN would even display the name of the song you are listening to. I really miss the customization options...

I fell out of contact with her around the time that Hurricane Katrina devastated her area.

I started chatting with this Middle Eastern girl who ended up killing herself.
You're deadly.

You're deadly.

Additionally, one of the two female friends I have in real life (who's in her 60s) got breast cancer a few months after we became friends. Just another sign that I am cursed and that curse is contagious.

You should tag this as suicide fuel mate. You're really taking me back. I remember using AIM for a few years and then became a full time MSN messenger user around 2003 around the time i built the first Windows XP computer in my house and we got 256K broadband internet. I used to chat to some people i went to school with. People from forums. etc

After i finished highschool i chatted with people i met on forums/LiveJournal and other defunct platforms and even used to chat to my oneitis on there. Then it became Skype and by that time just about everyone I'd talked to had moved on. I finally abandoned Skype and that account when i told my oneitis what i thought of her.

The new skype which i used recently is REALLY weird and ugly. MSN was way better over a decade ago. What on earth is going on?

MSN was so much better than Skype and Discord. You could change your background, have a unique font and MSN would even display the name of the song you are listening to. I really miss the customization options...
yeah, all these new IM platforms are garbage

You should tag this as suicide fuel mate. You're really taking me back. I remember using AIM for a few years and then became a full time MSN messenger user around 2003 around the time i built the first Windows XP computer in my house and we got 256K broadband internet. I used to chat to some people i went to school with. People from forums. etc

After i finished highschool i chatted with people i met on forums/LiveJournal and other defunct platforms and even used to chat to my oneitis on there. Then it became Skype and by that time just about everyone I'd talked to had moved on. I finally abandoned Skype and that account when i told my oneitis what i thought of her.

The new skype which i used recently is REALLY weird and ugly. MSN was way better over a decade ago. What on earth is going on?
Yeah I never messed with anything other than MSN messenger until facebook chat outmoded it.

I don't think this *has* to be suicide fuel, it almost perks me up remembering a more innocent time even if there was some emotional distress involved.

I'm 23 and I remember that shit. I grew up with that and Myspace, etc. but those "good ol' days" are long gone and forever forgotten about...

Right?

Yeah I never messed with anything other than MSN messenger until facebook chat outmoded it.

I don't think this *has* to be suicide fuel, it almost perks me up remembering a more innocent time even if there was some emotional distress involved.

I have only used Facebook chat a handful of times. Facebook is cancer. Whatsapp is ok i guess.

Hearing a windows XP machine log on has a similar effect on me or a Playstation or an Xbox loading up. I feel very depressed just thinking about the old days now.

I have only used Facebook chat a handful of times. Facebook is cancer. Whatsapp is ok i guess.

Hearing a windows XP machine log on has a similar effect on me or a Playstation or an Xbox loading up. I feel very depressed just thinking about the old days now.