Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment which OS has best user interface? windows vs Mac vs Linux(any version)

title

• Total voters
Transcended Trucel

Transcended Trucel

Scholar of Conciousness
★★★★★
361d 10h 31m
Imo Mac has most user friendly interface then I'd say windows. Have used both for some time. I dislike Linux most, yes command line is powerful, but I like clicking on icons more than typing stuff even if somewhat slower.

I have also used chrome OS which was decent too ngl.
My personal ranking:
  • Mac
  • chromeOS
  • windows
  • Linux (have used mint,Kali, Ubuntu)

Transcended Trucel

Transcended Trucel

Scholar of Conciousness
★★★★★
361d 10h 31m
Also Mac looks most aesthetically pleasing

Copexodius Maximus

Copexodius Maximus

Mentally destroyed by reality
★★★★★
92d 20h 58m
Linux>Windows>Mac>Shit>Aids>ChromeOS

GayAlienSkullCel

GayAlienSkullCel

Hair is life
★★★★★
2d 23h 7m
crestfallencel

crestfallencel

Arise Incels, ye dead who yet live
★★★★★
228d 3h 51m
i used Mac OS for a long time but now it just feels like shit for some reason, with Linux you can customize almost everything with different desktop environments, etc.

Transcended Trucel

Transcended Trucel

Scholar of Conciousness
★★★★★
361d 10h 31m
i used Mac OS for a long time but now it just feels like shit for some reason, with Linux you can customize almost everything with different desktop environments, etc.
imo that's problem with Linux, when it breaks, finding fixes is often big pain.

nazianime

nazianime

Don't touch my virginity!
★★★
270d 1h 1m
:yes: This is why I hate linux. Customizable my ass, try to install another DE and you are into the angry command line trying to fix your login screen or drivers.

Mac is clean but too minimal but very user friendly. Windows is good if you are a power user as it is pretty extendable thanks to a ocean of software, although no powerful command line like Mac and Linux.

Also forgot to add when I used Linux drag and drop did not even work for applications, JFL.

Last edited:
Transcended Trucel

Transcended Trucel

Scholar of Conciousness
★★★★★
361d 10h 31m
:yes: This is why I hate linux. Customizable my ass, try to install another DE and you are into the angry command line trying to fix your login screen or drivers.

Mac is clean but too minimal but very user friendly. Windows is good if you are a power user as it is pretty extendable thanks to a ocean of software, although no powerful command line like Mac and Linux.
for me in end, I prefer using Windows for general use as good balance between everything. Mac for dev work since no bs operating system. Linux almost never as my work doesn't require it, I know for some server type work it is better but Mac works well enough in my case.

SparkLight

SparkLight

Can’t KREMPI
★★
60d 5h 0m
Mac user interface just looks so smooth and great, apple just knows how to make a immaculate user interface

Cobalt1257

Cobalt1257

Ready or not, I'm the illegitimate son of God!
★★★
5d 18h 52m
windows but tbf Linux can look like anything with the right DE/WM and a lot of tinkering.

Mecoja

Mecoja

stompin on a dream
★★★★★
225d 2h 22m
Some linux which have windows like desktops are best imo. Windows XP was best imo.

HyperVersager_4EVER

HyperVersager_4EVER

Low IQ subhuman
★★★★★
71d 22h 33m
Linux by a huge margin.
Why? Because you can simply customize it freely until it becomes the best one for you.
Linux>Windows>Mac>Shit>Aids>ChromeOS
I believe that's the correct order.
I'm going to be honest, I never used ChromeOS but I have zero positive expectations from Google so I will take your word for it.
Yeah lol nothing as infuriating about making hours of search about some random bumfuck problem when you just want to use your computer for normal shit.
Part of the reasons why I can't switch to linux in full.

RetardedChinlet

RetardedChinlet

S U P R E M E
★★★★
107d 13h 23m
Mac is technically more refined but it's often too streamlined at the expense of effecient use. For instance, it provides no way to right click and 'cut' a file (= copy + delete). The only way to acheive this functionality is via drag-and-drop which is a gay limitation.

ilieknothing

ilieknothing

Overlord
★★★★★
137d 19h 59m
I only really use Windows. I’m too much of a poorfag to use Mac OS and I’m too low IQ to use Linux

TheDarkEnigma

TheDarkEnigma

St. JackieArklövcel
★★★★★
278d 12h 56m
I really like late '90s GUIs ngl.
2D63EAB2 C7F7 4BDD 9E50 0557F7B5D9C0

F1F77CF0 DF42 41D6 BADC BE797FC07D3B

wmaker-matt.jpg

KDE_1.1.jpg

2B28B98A 52E4 479A 8C60 F2379AC381B5

85F79E67 764A 447B 964F 51513B9151A5

enl-dfree.jpg

90684AFE 21BB 40BE A8E2 D762E7C47FF8

Last edited:
TheDarkEnigma

TheDarkEnigma

St. JackieArklövcel
★★★★★
278d 12h 56m
Anyways I picked Linux (this applies to any *NIX or system that uses X11) since you can put whatever GUI you want with it.

KDE and XFCE have the best modern interfaces (I like XFCE better since it's lighter and simpler to use). For a classic interface that I use on my older PCs I have Window Maker, Motif WM and IceWM installed.

Trinity DE is another good one.

As for other OSes.

Windows 2000 Classic Theme is my favorite on a Windows version. I also like Luna on Windows XP and Aero on Windows 7. I don't like the modern Metro theme.

On MacOS I like the interface of classic MacOS 7-9. Modern MacOS X does have a nice theme though.

Last edited:
TheDarkEnigma

TheDarkEnigma

St. JackieArklövcel
★★★★★
278d 12h 56m
some of those do look kinda of interesting ngl. But a bit too dated for me. But I especially like the second to last one. Would be insane to have like that
I really do like the aesthetic.

I know they might look "ugly" to most people especially the ones that have thicker window borders like the Motif based ones, but to me they're "ugly" in a good way.

@ordinaryotaku can relate.

TheDarkEnigma

TheDarkEnigma

St. JackieArklövcel
★★★★★
278d 12h 56m
Only problem is that they would be slow af
Not at all, they would be very fast and light for their time compared to the bloated "modern" interfaces of today that focus too much on unneeded "special effects" that eat up your RAM than utilitarianism. Especially if you had a computer with decent specs of the time. Running Windows 11 or GNOME on a computer that's even a few years old is gonna run like molasses or not run at all without significant upgrades.

Even today you can use Window Maker or CDE on modern Linux, and you can make XFCE and Trinity DE to look like classic Windows or classic Mac OS.

My mid-2000s Dell with 2 gigs of RAM and 1GHz Celeron D runs IceWM and Window Maker very well and it can probably run Windows XP well too. I can't run classic Mac OS of course because that would require a very old PowerPC Mac.

Maybe unless you got a low-speced PC from the early '90s or 1980s but at that point just run Windows 3.x or an old version of Linux that can run on a 386 and run twm.

Last edited:
Copexodius Maximus

Copexodius Maximus

Mentally destroyed by reality
★★★★★
92d 20h 58m
Not at all, they would be very fast and light for their time compared to the bloated "modern" interfaces of today that focus too much on unneeded "special effects" that eat up your RAM than utilitarianism. Especially if you had a computer with decent specs of the time. Running Windows 11 or GNOME on a computer that's even a few years old is gonna run like molasses or not run at all without significant upgrades.

Even today you can use Window Maker or CDE on modern Linux, and you can make XFCE and Trinity DE to look like classic Windows or classic Mac OS.

My mid-2000s Dell with 2 gigs of RAM and 1GHz Celeron D runs IceWM and Window Maker very well and it can probably run Windows XP well too. I can't run classic Mac OS of course because that would require a very old PowerPC Mac.

Maybe unless you got a low-speced PC from the early '90s or 1980s but at that point just run Windows 3.x or an old version of Linux that can run on a 386 and run twm.
I have an old xp still and it runs slow af.

Immolator

Immolator

dark
★★★
18d 11h 9m
Windows 10 was amazing
11 is meh but I hate how the taskbar is centered

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7