Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

What's your opinion on turn-based RPGs?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
One of the most divisive vidya genres, turn-based RPG games. Personally I hate them, I think they're slow, boring, too hard and with modern technologies completely outdated. I get that in the 90s programming an RPG with real time battles required a lot of money and technology (more than consoles had) but now come on it's 2020 and since Ps2 I don't see the reason why turn-based RPGs are still a thing kek. I would try games like Dragon Quest, Persona or old Final Fantasy games but when I see they're turn-based I immediately say "pass".

I think I hate them because when I was a kid and played turn-based games (Sonic Dark Brotherhood for example) I didn't know shit about statistics and experience points so my characters were poorly leveled and I didn't stand a chance against the bosses, which eventually made me quit playing kek. Also I hate all the tedious grinding this kind of games usually have. The only turn-based game I can stand is Pokemon because you don't have to carefully level up your stats (the game does it itself) and single player it has almost no strategy, it's easy to play and fun despite being turn-based.

I dislike rpgs in general. Too much focus on numbers n strategy n shit. I like games where I can jump straight into the action and make active decisions

I've never played any rpgs in my life, I do like gta though.

I liked them, ps1/2 Era was epic for rpg fans, with ps3 started the downfall in quality jrpg.

I dislike rpgs in general. Too much focus on numbers n strategy n shit. I like games where I can jump straight into the action and make active decisions
Just play western RPGs like The Witcher, Skyrim or Fallout where you only have to worry about perks and abilities and you fight in real time.

They are good. Dragon Quest VIII is one of my favorite games.

they’re pretty fun

I like Fire Emblem idk if that counts

I still enjoy turn based rpgs to this day, but I do prefer action rpgs more tbh.

Turn based RPGs are generally way better than non turn based. The strategy of an RPG is often forgotten in these non turn based games, and mechanical skill can override intelligence.

Games like SMT3 (Nocturne) and FF8 go way farther in my opinion than non turn based games like bethesda garbage.

All that said, bloodborne was the best game of the generation but that is an exception and not the rule.