Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting What was highschool during the 2010s like?

Lurkercel0

Lurkercel0

Blackpilled at a young age, lurkER since 2019-2020
Was it as hypergamous as today or better for sub5s?

Full of normies having parties, friends and shiet while a truecel like me was rotten.

kids.is doesn't know what high school was like 5 years ago

Giphy 30

kiddos.is isn't a meme anymore

Fucking retardos I’m 18, I was talking about 2010-15
I went to middle school between 2011 and 2015 but in Spain middle school is between 12 and 15 (or 16 if you were born early in the year) so that includes some of the high school years for Americans. Some good things:
-People weren't as glued to social media and most only had facebook (instagram didn't become popular until like 2015 here)
-Media was better because we hadn't started with all the woke shit yet
-Memes were more wholesome and light hearted (nyan cat, rage comics, etc.) unlike cynical depressing memes of nowadays
-Mental illness (either real or faked) wasn't as prevalent
-Discord didn't exist so even the gamer non popular kids (AKA me) hung out more in real life with their peers

Around 2016 everything started to go downhill fast I think the US election really polarized so(y)ciety and it spread worldwide

point proven
Giphy 30

kiddos.is isn't a meme anymore
My brain is developed, I’ve had multiple jobs by this age, I’ve graduated, in what way am I comparable to a child? I’m sub5 and I will remain sub5, the window for physical development is simply gone. The countless rejections Ive faced will not go away either. @Corvus

I wasn't allowed go to to prom (or equivelant of that in Finland) because others were afraid of me

@Stupid Clown 18 is a child now? you people are like agecucks kek.

My brain is developed, I’ve had multiple jobs by this age, I’ve graduated, in what way am I comparable to a child? I’m sub5 and I will remain sub5, the window for physical development is simply gone. The countless rejections Ive faced will not go away either. @Corvus
t.

Baby Clothes | Baby Gifts, Onesies & Essentials | Next UK

People were just more social in general. ShitTok didn't appear until two years after I left school.
I recall people already going to parties and having girlfriends in my year group at age 14 and 15, so ten years ago now basically.
This was only ten years ago, though. I'm not sure why you are bothering to ask. This is in living memory.

I'm 23, so it depends on age group.

Last edited:
Well to answer your question it was probably the same but no fagtok or penis style zoomer haircuts.

Also the word “faggot” got thrown around a lot because people weren’t as politically correct. People didnt kill themselves after getting insulted or bullied.
No faggot haircuts, but the hyperliberalism did become pretty evident by 2015 / 2016. Gamergate, radical feminism, and the Cologne Rapes after the 2015 Refugee Crisis were all major culture war flashpoints.

Nobody remembers Richard Spencer now, but he was a major figure in the nascent Alt-Right.

This was only ten years ago, though. I'm not sure why you are bothering to ask.
I wanted to see how more or less brutal it was compared to now for us sub5s (you will get recorded or mocked in public now). It would be a testament to how fast hypergamy has perforated society.

gen alphacels coming in hot

I wanted to see how more or less brutal it was compared to now for us sub5s (you will get recorded or mocked in public now). It would be a testament to how fast hypergamy has perforated society.
I just think it is a mixed bag.

People were more social, though. There wasn't the ubiquitous amount of loners and Incels (to the extent we were unorganised and didn't have a flag to rally around) back then, Incel didn't really enter into the lexicon until 2018. The former two only became really common after COVID. Before then, things seemed 'normal' - which is strange to see it that way, but society did go off the rails in 2020 / 2021 that most people in your age cohort don't appreciate I think.

Kek I should’ve titled it late 2000s to early 2010s. I’m 18 if that makes it any different.
born in 2006-07 you are closer to gen alpha than "core" zoomers

Was it as hypergamous as today or better for sub5s

it was still a very superficial time but definitely not as bad as it is now. Back then phones weren’t so popular yet and standards werent super duper high either but it was getting close to being high at the time. But no one could record or take photos of us to make fun of us and shit so that was good and this was mainly cuz not a lot of social media apps were that popular yet plus iphones were still kinda brand new

I just think it is a mixed bag.

People were more social, though. There wasn't the ubiquitous amount of loners and Incels (to the extent we were unorganised and didn't have a flag to rally around) back then, Incel didn't really enter into the lexicon until 2018. The former two only became really common after COVID. Before then, things seemed 'normal' - which is strange to see it that way, but society did go off the rails in 2020 / 2021 that most people in your age cohort don't appreciate I think.
Yeah i noticed after the pandemic, society has became much worst then ever before

Never was
Men went to war, raised families, and led empires by 18. This pointless infantilization of men is a creation of the jew to make sure virility is wasted. I’m certainly more capable and rational compared to most men my age or older.

I understand that but as an aspie I gravitated toward the chans and these sorts of forums early on, and my interests are completely unlike “typical” zoomer ones since I actually have somewhat of a decent attention span (I’m well read). I’ve never really used social media all that much. I grew up with older media in general too, if I wanted to I could larp as someone much older but I don’t see the point in that.

People were even more annoying. Nothing about the 2010s was better except maybe memes and the fact attention seeking online like larping as mentally ill was less prevalent

If there's a discrepancy between intellectual ability and content, it'll be obvious.

There's a different way to demonstrate this...

I agree with this.

The 'generational core' was basically 1995-2000 (born pre-9/11) everyone after seems to be diametrically different than that 'core' - so people born after about 2003 is basically Alpha in my view. There is a huge discrepancy in lived experience between those two groups imo.

I was born in 2000, so I might be somewhat biased.

Last edited:
I agree with this.

The 'generational core' was basically 1995-2000 (born pre-9/11) everyone after seems to be diametrically different than that 'core' - so people born after about 2003 is basically Alpha in my view. There is a huge discrepancy in lived experience between those two groups imo.

I was born in 2000, so I might be somewhat biased.
I never related much to other zoomers, like I said before, this is why I retreated to forums and imageboards and caught up on whatever media/music oldfsgs grew up with. I am pretty well read too so unlike most 18 year olds I have somehwhat of an attention span.

After 2012 -end of the world

<2012 manageable for normies

Post covid>It's ovER 100 percent for normies , It's a Chad's world

The apparition of the smartphone meant easy Chad dick for every woman .Women can choose various chads to fuck at the touch of some pixels on the screen with the smartphone in their pants.

It was better even for low tier normies before 2012,after that the shit got fucked up very quickly.Of course real 1.60 cm 2/10 balding men never stand a chance,but as a matter of fact yes, a 1.75 4.5/10 ,even lower stats man could have ascended in the past especially<2012 let's say even a few years before tinder got really popular

Last edited:
I can tell you what high school was like in 2002-2006 but I have no way to compare it to how high school is like today.

It was just as bad, having to listen to becky discuss sexual shit while i was the only one doing the work in group projects

I can tell you what high school was like in 2002-2006 but I have no way to compare it to how high school is like today.
Go ahead, I just wanted compare a timeframe where social media didn’t completely influence holes.

It was less brutal but brutal nonetheless

It was just as bad, having to listen to becky discuss sexual shit while i was the only one doing the work in group projects
holy shit, that’s a whole generation of mothers now.
Great Ape Zoo GIF

Go ahead, I just wanted compare a timeframe where social media didn’t completely influence holes.
Well social media existed but was much less pervasive. It was around this time people were migrating from MySpace to Facebook. But since the vast majority of kids didn't have phones it was not used that often - you had to literally go home and log into your computer to use it - and most people really only looked at it once a week or so unless they had a reason (e.g. "did you see what's on so-and-so's FB page?"). Really the only important part was on your birthday where it would show many people wish you a Happy Bday (I blocked my bday because I didn't want the embarrassment of only 1 person wishing me and it showing on everyone's FB feed). Also with most teens not yet having cell phones, that meant most socialization and making plans was done face-to-face at school.

There was still the "cool" kids vs. not-cool kids. And if you were not in the right social circle you wouldn't be invited to hang out at the mall or come over and "chill" at someone's house. I honestly don't think there were many big parties (at least I never heard of one).

One big difference though compared to today: a lot more kids got their driver's license. And having a car of your own that you drove to school and parked in the student parking lot (even your mom's hand-me-down minivan) was a big deal. Without cell phones and uber, that meant you had the ability to make plans at school and then hang out after school anywhere. Some kids also used to sneak foids into their cars during lunch break and have sex with them.

If you have any more questions I'll answer them. In terms of hypergamy - I'm pretty sure it was a lot less. I actually can't remember a single instance of a girl disparaging a guy's looks or making fun of him.

started highschool in 2016 and finished 2023. Its the exact. From what i can tell most sub5s actually integrated alot more into society after quarantine. They dont get excluded as much and weird kids keept declining. But it also became alot harder for sub5s to land a gf. In my last year there were barely any couples and ussualy you would just see chads play fighting with girls while the other 80% of men get nothing or a little bit because alot of women are just celibate whores who dont date at all.

In short. Its harder for sub5 to get pussy but easier to make friends.

I graduated high school in 2010 you're making me a old man I hate how I am no longer a kid or perhaps I'm grateful because being an adult means I can do whatever I want but it was easier for even young guys but that was probably the last year it was possible to attract women in fact I would go as far as 2008 was the last year to attract women because that's when smartphones started to get going and a couple years later around 2011 is when Tinder got real popular and these women just grew in power with the amount of attention they were getting from men that were way above and way below their league