Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

What do autistcels (particularly aspies) think of Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
fda78c2a332c8e9ff035927e650283afee7a4ad8.pnj

One of the most divisive characters in television history tbh. Equally beloved for his sarcasm, pop culture references and intelligence, but also hated for being a condescending smartass who thinks he's always right and doesn't care about hurting his peers' feelings. While the Big Bang Theory creators confirmed that canonically he's not on the autism spectrum, the character has so many traits from it (particularly with aspies) that it has become an autistic "icon" kek. My cousin with aspies was a fan of the show and of course Sheldon was his favorite character, to the point that he "worshipped" him and constantly made references to the show like "Rock, paper, scissor, lizard, Spock" and "happy Saturnalia" :feelsugh: Btw even if my cousin has aspies, he's not the smart kind: He couldn't even finish middle school and he's a NEET, but he believes he's a science genius because he has memorized math paradoxes, the names of some stars and because he watched Big Bang Theory kek.

So autistcels what's your opinion on the character? Tbh I always found him annoying as fuck for being so pedantic, condescending and his pop culture references weren't even that funny or clever to begin with. However he constantly gatekeeps the foids from "geek" hobbies like comics, videogames, roleplaying and programming so that's kinda based I think? In many episodes he says hurtful things to foids and they're mad at him but in the end they forgive each other.

He's decent looking but homosexual so who cares?

The actor yes but in the show his character is straight.
He's not really a good representation of autism. He's gifted, while most autisticcels are low or average IQ, he's socially awkward but doesn't have any serious difficulties navigating the world, he's somewhat obsessive but still has a variety of interests. The directors basically admitted he has some autistic characteristics but isn't autistic.

@Atavistic Autist, what do you think?

annoying smugfag.

didn't watch show but he somewhat reminds me in high school

No idea; I've never watched nor plan to watch any of these sorts of sitcoms, especially out of the limited number of TV shows/movies I'll probably watch in the future... :feelsUgh:

Though he is presumably more low inhib than me and likely isn't truecel, judging from what I've heard about the show; I'm NT, so I can't say I have any sort of deep connection with him either. :feelsjuice:

He's Mr Bean with a voice box.

Rowan Atkinson himself said in an interview once that he's fine being a loner and could of done physics at University instead of acting.

Even Sheldon's partner looks like Mr Bean's partner.

I never watched the series, the only thing i know from it is that my former best friend and fellow khhv looked like a balding Sheldon Cooper.

High tier normie, tall. Can't relate.

I fucking hate big bang theory. Bazinga

:feelsugh::feelsugh: :feelsUgh: :feelsUgh: :feelsUgh: :feelsUgh: :feelsUgh: Fucking cringey, stereotype-riddled piece of normie garbage, written with all the nuance and understanding of asperger's that one could expect from a low-IQ normie troglodyte, who probably just heard the term being slung around online and believes they fully understand what it is from that.

:feelsugh::feelsugh: :feelsUgh: :feelsUgh: :feelsUgh: :feelsUgh: :feelsUgh: Fucking cringey, stereotype-riddled piece of normie garbage, written with all the nuance and understanding of asperger's that one could expect from a low-IQ normie troglodyte, who probably just heard the term being slung around online and believes they fully understand what it is from that.
Well many of your fellow aspies identify with Sheldon so he mustn't be so poorly written.

Well many of your fellow aspies identify with Sheldon so he mustn't be so poorly written.
Many of my "fellow" aspies are retarded liberal faggots who have dived headfirst into the punch bowl because the people around them told them to, and aspies I presume are generally lonely enough they'll do anything to try to get people to like them.

That's how I used to operate when I was younger.

It's fake tbh, let's be honest most nerds don't actually like stem, there's no romantic magical passion for their interests that exists in them, it's a flick Hollywood thing. They work cos they've to and they want to live Chad's life, they think they can buy that life with their hard stem labour that's it.

I think he is good representation of positively portrayed neurotism. It’s obviously stretched to cause some comedy Comedy always has som self deprecating or harassing component to it, but they give his quirks a positive light.
Real life Sheldon would be like that Adam Lanza dude

Last edited:
Fucking iq mogger

It's fake tbh, let's be honest most nerds don't actually like stem, there's no romantic magical passion for their interests that exists in them, it's a flick Hollywood thing. They work cos they've to and they want to live Chad's life, they think they can buy that life with their hard stem labour that's it.
The thing is most of what we call nerds are literally just autists with glasses or who are ugly.

The show was funny at first but later became boring.

The main characters are supposed to be socially awkward nerds but they end up having a very conventional life.
All of them get in relationships, they have normie dinner parties and talk about normie shit.
They made them relatable to "the average person" but extremely unrelatable to actual nerds or autistcels.

All the "nerdy" things they like are just stereotypes. Things like Dungeons & Dragons, Star Trek and superhero comics.
I personally couldn't care less about any of that shit.