Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment What constitutes the western world?

• Thread starter trying to ascend
  • Start date

Which countries?

• NATO, western europe and Brazil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Western europe and Brazil

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
but if i HAD to choose then of course yui

If your country is in Europe, then it's european. Simple as that. The Americas are both very different one with another in terms of culture, and they have nothing in common in EUrope.
>European language
>Roman and common law
>European holidays
>European government system
>Guilt cultures
>Follows european architeture
>Follows european art
>Religious influence

I'm not talking about being european geographically, but about its culture being mostly derived from europe, which is the case of latin america and USA as well

Option 2 minus brazil
This is correct.

I have not seen any context where Brazil is referred to as part of “the west”
Yes. Brazil, SK, Japan, and some other countries may have adopted Western culture and values, but they're not typically considered part of the Western world. You can see this distinction very clearly in Japan where they still have a strong foundation of their Eastern values with Western values sitting on top.

This is correct.

Yes. Brazil, SK, Japan, and some other countries may have adopted Western culture and values, but they're not typically considered part of the Western world. You can see this distinction very clearly in Japan where they still have a strong foundation of their Eastern values with Western values sitting on top.
Sure about Japan and SK, but how is the core of Brazilian culture not european? How is Brazil and most of latin america different in that aspect from USA in Canada? Solely talking about culture

Sure about Japan and SK, but how is the core of Brazilian culture not european? How is Brazil and most of latin america different in that aspect from USA in Canada? Solely talking about culture
Hispanic and Latin American culture is markedly distinct from North American and European cultures. It's generally more collectivist, tribal and family oriented. In Hispanic culture, for example, it's not unusual for multiple generations to live under the same roof, and the concept of the retirement home, which is a cultural norm in Western culture, is mostly alien and distasteful to Hispanic and Latin American culture.

I don't have first-hand knowledge of Brazilian culture to know the nuances, so this is where you and other Brazilcels come in.

Hispanic and Latin American culture is markedly distinct from North American and European cultures. It's generally more collectivist, tribal and family oriented. In Hispanic culture, for example, it's not unusual for multiple generations to live under the same roof, and the concept of the retirement home, which is a cultural norm in Western culture, is mostly alien and distasteful to Hispanic and Latin American culture.

I don't have first-hand knowledge of Brazilian culture to know the nuances, so this is where you and other Brazilcels come in.
The sharing roof thing may be more due to economic circumstances, but when it comes to leaving your parents house and taking care of them, then that's something shared with southern europe, so not something that [UWSL]spontaneously [/UWSL]emerged in latin america

Native admixture
I mean, if you are saying that being white classifies western, then Argentina and uruguay are more western than USA

why do all of the options include brazil lol

Nice try, the West is western Europe and the 4 non-European members of the 5 eyes, i.e., developed nations with European heritage. Some South American nations have a significant number of European descendants but aren't developed and are culturally dissimilar from the West.

Nice try, the West is western Europe and the 4 non-European members of the 5 eyes, i.e., developed nations with European heritage. Some South American nations have a significant number of European descendants but aren't developed and are culturally dissimilar from the West.
In what way are they culturally dissimilar? I mean, any more than Australia, Canada, USA and other colonies?

In what way are they culturally dissimilar? I mean, any more than Australia, Canada, USA and other colonies?
For one, and maybe the reason the distinction was even created, is that Latin American nations with significant European heritage have an attachment towards non-market oriented economies and populist strongmen. The rule of law just isn't as enshrined. The West is also a lot more prudish whereas South America is libertine, to say the least. There are also aspects of South American countries such as corruption, which would be quite rare in the West. The idea of someone in the US bribing an official on vacation in Germany is unheard of, yet no one would bat an eye about hearing it done in Latin America. These stereotypes about South America also linger in Mediterranean countries such as Greece, Italy, and Spain. However, they're still more developed than Latin America

For one, and maybe the reason the distinction was even created, is that Latin American nations with significant European heritage have an attachment towards non-market oriented economies and populist strongmen.
But that's mostly about economy, not culture. And populism is, nowadays, as present in many of those countries, especially the US. I mean, latin american politics are heavily affected by USA politics.

The rule of law just isn't as enshrined. The West is also a lot more prudish whereas South America is libertine, to say the least.
Crime may be more rampant here, but that's not mainly a result of cultural differences, but of inequality and economic development.

Libertine in what spheres? Could you specify that?

There are also aspects of South American countries such as corruption, which would be quite rare in the West. The idea of someone in the US bribing an official on vacation in Germany is unheard of, yet no one would bat an eye about hearing it done in Latin America.
There are countries in latin america that are less corrupt than italy and USA, so not fully true.

Most of what you said is a result of the economic situation, which is mostly not a result of culture either, not cultural differences

Last edited:
Racially:
USA, Canada, Europe, NZ, Australia Argentina and Uruguay.

Cultural:
The ones above+Ibero America. Maybe Japan and South Korea. Despite their judicial frames are different from Western ones we can agree that both nations have been heavily influenced by The West. You can see it in their entertainment media.

Anything else is cope.